Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < The Pound Rule is Too Harsh

Boards

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 12:06:44 — Link

... I wasn't aware you could have your pets seized if you didn't have all the required foodtsuffs/silver. :/ I must have missed that while looking over the FAQ.
Welp, I probs wont be staying with the site for long then since I have to leave for a month-long work-vacation later in the year every year where I have no computer access. :c I'll end up losing all my pets without that extra income I make/save from exploring and gathering food.
It'd be nice if there was some other recourse than out-right seizing them and pounding them. I can say for sure I will not pay money for a game that would take pets I pay for away because I happen to not be able to get on for a while. 
So support for 'freezing' the pets instead of auto-seizing/pounding, for sure. Once there's enough users, the Pound will be full enough of unwanted pets from breeding and catching- I don't see why pets would need to be seized from users at all. :/

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 13:39:08 — Link

@Caribou - I wouldn't worry. Your pets only get 'fed' on the days you log in. So if you don't log in for two months, thats fine, because it will be like the game is on 'pause'.

The food/coins will be used for feeding only if you have logged in this day. You can go on holidays or simply rest from the game without being worried about your game balance.

* Winter is coming *

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 14:05:27 — Link

RedRarebit- Oh whew, that's a relief! I dont remember this part of the FAQ though I read it through twice. e___e I blame reading it late in the morning, haha. 

Still, the pet seizing to me seems to be quite the overkill. Perhaps if there was a choice between aqcuiring more food/silver or pounding the pet yourself in such an event, it would be a better balance? That way if they decide they have too many pets, they can just pound the ones they don't want to keep- or if they do want to keep them all, they can go get more food for them? Something other than just taking the pets away. I just hate the sound of that. :/

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 14:13:50 — Link

Oh, I agree it's an overkill 8D I think it's a poor balance between several aspects oft he game.

• Pets require too much food each
  • Pets being 'tamed' require food as well
  • Pets in trade still need to be fed(?)
  • Babies eat the same amount(?)

We could:

I know the second suggestion in that list is already a topic for discussion but the other three would seriously go towards helping this.

* Winter is coming *

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 17:20:05 — Link

adds on to RedRarebit's post - Pick which pets eat first.AND the pound takes the least fed pet first.

• Dr_Starchild
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 19:16:34 — Link

It's not really that tragic, if you don't have enough food it'll just use up money, and even the automatoc 100 a day you get will feed like, 6 pets.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 19:46:41 — Link

Could we have a bit more time than 1 day?  I log in on my ipod A LOT and sometimes its hard/impossible to explore, but my pets are still being fed because I logged in.

What about the ability to lock a certain amount of pets per stable size, and maybe premium users get a few more... that way we can make sure the favorites don't go.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 01:16:15 — Link

RedRarebit- Those are all wonderful suggestions that would at least make things much more balanced, I would think. The ratio of food required per pet per day and how much you actually get from exploring may seem high when you're starting out, but once you actually get established and get into the breeding aspect of the game, it's going to be nigh impossible to keep them all fed short of having the time to explore with each and every available pet and upgrading/building at least the Townhall lvl 2+ and Embassy. I know most people have jobs or kids and only have so much time available in a day to play. A game that's as slow-paced as this pretty much takes it all up, especially once you have a sizeable number of pets. :/ I can't imagine how someone with 40 pets would be able to keep them with things the way are now, especially considering how many materials and coins go into inscreasing your stable size alone! o.O

And Nightingale brings up another issue I have with the pet seizure rule. For those using other devices than a computer to access the site and cannot explore, how is that fair to them? :/ Not everyone has a computer, and not all devices are going to work properly with the exploration- yes, they could buy food, but then what would be the point of having exploration available to begin with? That gives a great deal of the userbase an advantage over other users who can't get exploring to work, and seeing as how it's currently the only feasible way to make money, food, and get items needed when you're first starting the game (if not the only feasible way to play it, period), you're essentially dooming these users to having their pets taken away- and likely going to drive them away from the site, not to mention their negative reviews could also keep other new players from joining.

Long story short, something needs to be done to equalize things with- or nullify- this rule. Also just have to say, I have never heard of a pet site that seizes your pets from you when you dont have the money or food to feed them until this one. That rule alone makes me want to quit and tell my friends not to play, because I know they wouldn't be on or dedicated enough to a pet game to be able to keep their pets as things stand. It's a good idea- for real, living animals, that is. But not pixels.

However, the idea of feeding your pets in different ways in order to grow their stats is great- but if that was all that the food we got them did, wouldn't it be better? Instead of just lessening the amounts? Dont feed your pets => your pet's stats dont grow => you have inferior pets. That could be a great way to incite users not only to get on more so they can get food for their pets, but to stay with the site- it gives them a challenge, rather than driving them away with the threat of seizure. .___.

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-03 01:51:16 — Link

After some considertaion, we decided not to turn on this feature in release version too. There will be only a message warning that you don't have enough food or money to feed the pets.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 01:59:03 — Link

So why should we feed the pets?

• Voron_eril
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-03 02:12:06 — Link

Because they want to eat :)

The pets will require food anyway, no matter if you want or don't want to feed them. If there will be no food in the player's inventory, silver coins for food will be automatically deducted from the balance.

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-03 02:44:10 — Link

Oh, that's awesome!
*gives virtual hugs to the game devs and any other staff members involved in that decision* >3< Now I don't have to worry about losing my pets- just feeding them so they can grow properly. ;A; *cries tears of joy*

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-04 03:53:59 — Link

Because they're hungry :P eheheh...

Thanks Caribou! I agree with RedRarbit as well! More balance! Sometimes I simply don't have time to log in and explore with every pet (or even a majority)... that's just life.. I wish we could freeze pets.. and if we wanted to unfreeze them then we would have to feed them. Similar to Felisfire and their Cryos... If we want to use them- feed 'em. If not then NO FOOD YOUR YOU! *MWAHAHAHA*... Nah.. I kid.. i love my pixels and wantt them fed- but I also want to be able to not worry about them...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 14:20:18 — Link

Quote from Rarebit "We could:

Perhaps halfing the food requirements for taming pets and young pets since they aren't doing much so they don't need as much food?
Perhaps if you don't do anything with a pet on a particular day; the feed equirement is halved (since they didn't need as much fuel since they didn't do anything)

• Nocturnal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 19:18:40 — Link

support as well--- games that will take away all my progress because I can't play for a week or so and run out of money lose my interest very quickly.  I may love playing but sometimes life happens or I just need a break.    There needs to be some way to more passively make just enough gold for feeding or somethig--- obviously we make more money if we actually get on and explore, ect, which would be how you actually make the money....

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla