Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < The Pound Rule is Too Harsh

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 11:11:28 — Link

From the FAQ

"If you don't have enough food or coins to feed your pets, the Pound will take away 1 pet each day until you start to feed your pets properly."

I think that's very extreme, it doesn't mention which pet is taken away at all or gives users a chance to correct the problem.

What if for example, there's an offchance a person catches 3  pets last expedition, forgetting they might not have enough coin/food to feed them all(or not expecting they'd be lucky to get all 3 catches). So when they login, not knowing of the extra mouths to feed, does the pound just randomly take one away? What if said pet just happened to be your most favorite or was a prized lvl50 pet or some such?

I think instead of pounding, you just can't do anything with any unfed pets, no explore, no breeding, no battling, etc. until they have been properly fed that day.

OR if the pounding must be kept, have the pet placed in custody first, wherein the owner has so-and-so time to pay a fee or do something else to return the pet. And if owner does not comply, only then is the pet finally put in the public pound for anyone to adopt.

=======

edit 3/2/13: Wow, I leave for a few days and wasn't expecting this much discussion.

Very happy that Voron has decided this feature will no longer be turned on. :D

"After some considertaion, we decided not to turn on this feature in release version too. There will be only a message warning that you don't have enough food or money to feed the pets."

Though I think with the warning, it should still prevent you from gaining new pets or interacting with the unfed pets.

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 19:56:01 — Link

Support of the second option.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 20:41:09 — Link

I do agree it shouldn't be random, perhaps if Angel wants to do the rule this way have it "lock you out" of the rest of the site until you choose a pet to give up? (Meaning, if you try to navigate away from the page with the "Choose which pet to surrender" it won't let you until you choose.)

That way the pet "seized" is the users' choice, not random.

I also like you idea of holding the pet, maybe for 12-24 hours, and have the owner pay a fee to pull it out before it's placed up for public adoption.

• Delira
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 22:06:16 — Link

Full support here, I've been terrified of being unable to pay for my pets one day. If I one day can't pay for all my pets, I'd like to make sure it's not say, my first pet on the site, just because I was missing a few silver coins.

Majority rules. Therefore... we stink!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-28 05:36:12 — Link

I agree.... I wouldn't like my pets to be taken away... I mean... right now my town hall can cover all costs... but later on.... :( I won't have time to explore with every pet to find enough food... or find the moolahs...

I know it isn't taken unless we log in.. but I sometimes log in on my ipod to check my messages and explore doesn't work so well on it.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• MorwenSilver
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 05:56:03 — Link

I would love if there was at least some sort of hold where you had a chance to pay a fine and get them back before they went to the pound. I know I'm already rather attached to the first pets that I got and I would hate to have them just snatched away over a small mistake or miscalculation of my food and/or coins on hand.

• RedCape
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 09:05:06 — Link

Suppor this rule change, more so since some people will have pets with custom skins, and THAT would be a shame to lose, more so if it's because your power has gone out or you lost net for a few days for some reason. 

• Raifra
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 12:48:22 — Link

Support this as well.

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 20:38:39 — Link

support the rule change.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 21:17:34 — Link

1 day is a little harsh ... may be just adjust it to 1 pet every week with an exception of a starter/or a account bound pet.

hold time for a seized pet.

AND a choice of which pet goes (i watch animal cops too much and even hoarders get to chose which pets go when ALL arnt taken)

• SAERider
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 17:44:56 — Link

Support.

Koben's idea for choice of which pet goes is also a good idea, I may not want to give up a pet to the pound, but I'd like to have a choice.

PMing me is (usually) the fastest way to get my attention.

• Wolfheart
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 20:33:17 — Link

Complete support!

Feel free to call me Wolfie. ^.^

I do tend to bite. :3

I'm always open to random messages and friends. :)

• Sakura
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 05:54:48 — Link

Support.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-02 06:26:30 — Link

Actually this feature is turned off on Beta (but will be turned on in release version), all users are getting only a warning now.

Normally the first day the user who lacks money/food only sees the warning. The first pet will be taken away on the second day.

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 09:11:54 — Link

A warning is nice, but  I still support the idea of either locking the pet out of exploring/questing or at least giving the player a choice in which pet to choose and the option to get them back later

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla