Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < The Mouse Colony Project

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-21 00:30:32 — Link

They are being fed a special dog kibble, no corn or junk things, that is fairly high in protein. First ingrediant is fish, duck, beef, whatever flavor was chosen for the month. Most of the time it is fish. They mostly get millet, sunflower seeds, oatmeal, and plain animal crackers though because the kibble is always left over. Then the occasional table scraps if it something they are allowed to eat, like bread, clean pasta, and chicken. I try to offer them a cooked egg once a week but it gets buried in litter then ignored/forgotten and never a bite is gone from it.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-21 09:57:30 — Link

8/18/2015

The nest was moved to chamber D.

8/19/2015

The nest was moved to chamber C.

A runt that is either splashed or tri-color (hard to tell for now) kept getting shoved to the side of the nest and ignored. It has been added to another litter that was birthed a few days ago. I hope it does well, as its pattern is already looking beautiful.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-26 04:59:31 — Link

(I will probably be starting the colony fresh with a different set of mice sometime soon and summarizing everything that has happened so far.)

8/20/2015

THe nest was moved to chamber B.

8/21/2015

The nest was Moved to chamber A.
The kits have started going to the surface to feed.

8/23/2015

Offered a wheel on the surface if anyone wanted to use it. After all, even wild mice use wheels if given the chance. In the morning the wheel was buried with litter.

8/25/2015

The nest was moved to chamber D.

Surprizing to me is the size difference of the kits from the same litter. The ones given to the other mother to tend to are much larger, normal sized for their age. The ones who stayed in the colony are still very small for their age. Everyone got the same food and water supply. Only difference was the amount of mothers, two in the colony and one with the other.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-13 11:03:59 — Link

A tri-color mouse has finally appeared! It has great clumped spots and everything! Beautiful. The girls will be getting spoiled.

And now i will be summarizing the colony as no new behaviors have been observed for some time. I have not yet decided if I will put in a new group completly unrelated to my lines or just keep the group I have in there already, or just make it an all females pet colony.

The spotted girl will be taking a break for a while then will be back with her mate for more tri-colors.
The rotti female is still alive and has escaped being food so far. She is now in with a breeding group with other females and a male.
The diluted female will probably join the main group.
The splash male is with another girl right now who will (I hope) make yellow spotted tri-color.
The brindle male in the earlier part of the colony has made amazinly beautiful offspring with another female. The colony seems to have given him some more experience with how to react to females.

I will post the summary once I complete it. It will probably take a few days to get my other projects out of the way first.

• Safirfurry
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-10 02:46:40 — Link

I enjoy reading the progress

- Safir

• Nightstar
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-10 21:47:05 — Link

For some reason, I can't see the pictures. And I really wanted to, too. :(

"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god.

Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.” 

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla