Boards < General < News & Announcements < Explore Tundra to find Lykos eggs!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 13 14 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-12-26 00:40:54 — Link

The latest portal network upgrade provides a unique possibility to travel to the ice-covered tundra biotope. Although the network consumes tremendous amounts of energy and reaches only the tundra frontier. Geographical Exploration Service found an old system of interconnected tundra portals that may lead a brave traveler deeper into the frozen lands.

Before you leave to master the new lands, here are some facts that may be interesting before start:

• Tundra was inhabited by the first Europa colonists just like all other Europa areas. Nobody lives there now but you may find the remnants of the old civilization.
  • You may travel deeper into the tundra lands through old portals. Old portals visually differ with their darker color and green energy vortex. The deeper you get, the more powerful the monsters become.
  • To use a portal from the inner tundra network, you need to craft a Portal Energy Cell. One cell is used for every portal jump. You need to have Energy Portal Cell in your inventory and move to the tundra portal tile to be able to move on the next explore level. You home portal icon will change to the next level icon if both of these conditions are met.
  • You will need Charged Sticks for crafting Portal Energy Cells. You may purchase them from the Engineers at the State Store or produce them yourself with the help of your lightning Rocs.
  • You may find a hibernating Lykos egg on the deeper explore levels. The chance of finding it increases with each explore level, reaching the maximum at the 5th level.
  • Lykos is the fourth elemental pet. It masters the low temperatures. When the Cataclysm happened and the Great Flood destroyed the Old Empire, all survivor Lykoses went to a long hibernation. A hibernating Lykos produces an extremely durable ice shell around itself and then nearly stops all its life processes, going to sleep for centuries until its master comes or the environment turns friendlier.
  • To wake a Lykos from hibernation, you need a Liquid Deviance serum. It contains a specific biological agent that is very close to the hormone that launches awakening process. You may extract it from your deviant pets using a craftable Deviance Extractor device developed by Warlocks. Be careful, this will irreversibly turn your deviant pet into a normal one.
  • To make sure that your Lykos will wake up in the excellent form, use Liquid Vermillion before "hatching" the egg. Each bottle will increase the chance of getting better genes for a pet that wakes up. The egg may be upgraded up to the 4th Grade. You can collect Liquid Vermillion on the Battlefield when defending Vermillion zones (The Crimson Tree, The Old Mine and The Ancient Battlefield) by defending them for at least 10 hours. You will get one Liquid Vermillion bottle for every battle win, maximum 3 bottles per 10 hours.
  • Lykoses have half of the breeding potential in comparison with other pets. The long hibernation period has decreased their fertility on the genetic level.
  • Lykoses are incomparable Battlefield warriors. Except their effective elemental skills, they have Hound ability. A squad of Hounds can jump over one empty zone saving a lot time for their keeper.

Tundra portal direction will be closed when the spring starts. According to the engineers, it’s too unprofitable to keep it open at the warm season.

Quick FAQ

1. How to use green portals in Tundra?
    You need to craft Portal Energy Cell item. One Cell is automatically used every time when you move through the green portal. Visit State Store to find the crafting pattern. 
  2. Portal Energy Cell blueprints require Charged Sticks. Where do I get some?
    - If you have a Roc with Lightning Strike ability, visit State Store to find the crafting pattern and craft them yourself.
    - Otherwise just purchase some premade Sticks in the State Store
  3. I found a Hibernating Egg. How do I activate it?
    Visit State Store to purchase the recipe for activation.
  4. Activated Egg recipe requires Liquid Deviance. Where do I get it?
    Liquid Deviance can be extracted from your pets with deviant color. Visit State Store to purchase the blueprients for Deviance Extractor, craft it and use on a deviant pet to get one unit of Liquid Deviance serum.
  5. I got Activated Egg (Grade 1) after activation. How do I upgrade it?
    Activated Egg item has an additional menu item - "Upgrade". You need to obtain Liquid Vermillion from the Battlefield to do this. Please check the instructions above.
  6. What happens when the event ends?
    You won't be able to enter new Tundra islands and collect new Hibernating Eggs, craft Charged Sticks and Portal Cells, extract Liquid Deviance and collect Liquid Vermillion on the Battlefield. You still will be able to activate and upgrade the Lykos Eggs and Pristine Snowflakes that you have collected providing you have all the required resources for that.

* Adult Lykos base is created by Whiluna
** Tundra monsters bases are created by Hayley Dubay

• Acek
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 00:48:19 — Link

How exciting!

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 01:29:51 — Link

Yea! More Lykos~ Thanks for this event.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 01:42:04 — Link

Got my uni to have a portal to appear, just have to wait for the stuff to be made for me to enter it before I dare touch it. Atleast I think that's how it works, im still confused about how to do this. I just need a portal energy cell thing to enter the portal?

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-12-26 01:44:09 — Link

Oh my gosh! Yesss! I'm worried to trade in my deviants! Guess I need to breed some more! What a fun way to explore now!

Question: How do we enter the portal??? I landed on one, but nothing happened. I thought maybe clicking the portal button would work... But it did not. I excited the island and nothing happened. Hmm. Is it supposed to be automatic? I have a screenshot of me standing on the portal. EDIT: I mixed it up and though the charged stick was what I needed.. Got it mixed up! My bad!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Tiara89
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 01:57:26 — Link

Yeah, I came with the same issue as Nightingale, though, I could enter a portal once.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-12-26 02:02:38 — Link

This was the first portal I encountered. I could not enter because I didn't have a portal energy cell. Need to acquire one. I figured something would pop up.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Abrota
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 02:08:36 — Link

I'm having a problem making the charged sticks. I have everthing I need and when I click the create button it takes me to a new page, but then nothing happens, and nothing is being built.

The engergy cell one is working though, so I look forward to going egg hunting :)

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 02:24:43 — Link

Abrota, the same thing is happening to me. It is probably still being implimented. er however that is spelled, put in. Still being put in.

Just went back and it is now working, I am making some sticks. I can make 50 of them, heh heh.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 03:04:24 — Link

Just a little question. If we get the hibernating egg -not activated, will it dissapear from our inventory once the event is over next spring? I do not have many deviants, and I don't know when I will be able to breed some for the Liquid deviance to activate the eggs, would we be able to get later?

• Abrota
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 03:22:18 — Link

Thanks for letting me know, Monues.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 05:57:44 — Link

How do the eggs look like?

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• nb
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 06:20:33 — Link

Are the Old Portals hard to find? I have searched about 20 islands without seeing any so far.

• nb
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 06:51:14 — Link

Oh, now I figured it out! It's a whole different island type you have to chose to search!

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-26 07:42:40 — Link

Wow. The level 4 guardian is uh, pretty tough.

WHOOAH, okay, the level 5 normal monstors are very strong. I may need to actually pick out a good pet for this.

Manual mode always wins, heh. Level 5 island and no egg though. Can we know the drop rate of them? Percent?

« Prev | 1 2 ... 13 14 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla