Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #28: Roc Deviant Colors

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-09-29 00:06:01 — Link

Breakthrough in Roc color genetics

The Association of Breeders proudly presents deviant colors for Rocs! 

Just like in case with Dragons and Unicorns, these new colors can be produced only through thorough breeding and with a dash of luck.

Skin Library will be updated with the new skins in one day, please be patient.

A reminder how to get a deviant color:

You need to select parents that carry same color or/and pattern genes. A baby born as homozygous (carrying two copies of the same gene) for color or pattern has a 1/10 chance to develop a deviant color when maturing. This mutation is phenotypic and not inherited by the offsprings of an affected pet. A gene that produces a deviant phenotype will be marked with a star.
The color name of such pet gets an asterisk (*) symbol to mark the deviation.

The only way to breed a pet with both deviant color and pattern is to choose very specific parents. One of the parents should have deviant color and the second one should have deviant pattern. The chances of getting a deviation on each color parameter still remains 1/10 so the babies with double deviation are extremely rare and valuable.

Deviant colors are available only through breeding. Wild pets can't have deviant colors.

It's not possible to get a deviant color by using Mutagen but it's possible to lose it in this way. The same concerns color mutation with the help of Forest Alchemist.

Exhibitions Report

The 10th exhibition "Gryphon Pride" has ended. 262 Beastlords have applied their pets to compete for the prize.

Now it is time to announce the winners!

1. Zaltys (#8477) - 1199 points
  2. nb (#21018) - 1010 points
  3. Dreamss (#9437) - 888 points
  4. visenna(#11609) - 742 points
  5. emmie1977 (#304) - 742 points

Check the winning rosters here

Registration for the next exhibition is open!

The theme of this week's exhibition is "Feathered Storm". All Rocs are allowed to participate in this exhibition. You will find complete exhibition rules on the exhibition page.

Mythic Black Kite Roc skin by Ankokou

Participate in Exhibition

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-29 00:44:12 — Link

If those examples are anything to judge by, I'm definitely looking forward to the skin library update. Rocs are one of my favorite species, and I've been waiting for a reason to breed more of them..

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-29 01:15:19 — Link

Ohh the Roc deviant skins look lovely! You've done a great job with their edits! :o

• Firedancer77
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-29 01:16:59 — Link

I was wondering, when does the prize all participants get come out? I participated, and rechecked to make sure that I was right about the all participants prize, but never recieved it. Did I mess something up? Miss something?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-09-29 01:45:02 — Link

Firedancer77, there was an error in the prize description. Only first 100 places get 5000 silver. I'm very sorry for the confusion.

• Firedancer77
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-29 01:53:27 — Link

Oh, that makes more sense! ^^ Thanks for explaining that!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-29 03:14:33 — Link

Wow, these are looking pretty awesome! My stable is getting wayyy too full though! 

Thanks for the updates!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-29 04:34:25 — Link

I can't wait for the skin library to be updated so I can see all the new art!

I love that the roc deviants have differences in form as well as color and I hope this will be the case for other  upcoming species.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-29 06:40:08 — Link

Can you imagine gryphons with different bird/cat combos o.0 Now that would be fun! But, I imagine lots of work to do so much art! 

• Sakreeno
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-30 02:39:14 — Link

Well, look here. It says deviants are NOT wild pets.

Deviant colors are available only through breeding. Wild pets can't have deviant colors.

What's this?

http://beastkeeper.com/lot/2/134727/

Starclan is watching over you.

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-30 02:44:30 — Link

That is an exhibition prize Sakreeno :)

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-30 02:48:02 — Link

The owner of that unicorn took 4th place in the art competition so that's probably where it came from, and I'm guessing that wild deviants can't be caught, only awarded as prizes.

Incedentally, now that the roc deviants are in the library it bothers me that the devant patterned birds of prey were assigned vulture art because none of those species are vultures

Breeder of trash deviants

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-30 03:02:08 — Link

I'm looking forward to gathering my females and breeding for the bearded vulture morph. Always been one of my favorite birds. Eventually the rainbow owl too, though it will be a pain. The new deviants have not disapointed. Off to stalk the roc sales!

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-09-30 06:18:50 — Link

Woah! I actually got lucky! So close to having lightning strike!!! Can't wait to see it aged! http://beastkeeper.com/pet/350731

It will look like this: 

• Kassey
  • User

Posted at 2014-09-30 11:32:52 — Link

I got two roc deviant!

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/350889

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/350880

My favorite ones as well

I am the forum lurker, I lurk in the forums for things to read and/or reply to.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla