Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #10

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-01 00:11:22 — Link

Hello Beastlords,

We have several updates today!

1. New feature - Item exchange. Now you can exchange your items with other players. Just create a request with the item you're offering and the item you're looking for and all other Beatlords will see it. Triggers are working for this type of trades too.
  2. Color update for Pumas - Spotted White Pumas are now Snow Leopard instead of plain white.Snow Leopard
  3. Sacrifice button is not visible for baby pets anymore.
  4. Pound Balance Update - Pound is now giving 500 for a pet.
  5. Gladiator Ability Balance Update - Gladiators now have Gladiator energy bar. Gladiator energy is used instead of regular energy when a battle is lost on Arena. When it's depleted to 0, regular energy will be used for losses as usual.

We're looking for new moderators and writers to join the staff.

If you would like to conribute to the game and community, please apply here:

Famine, War and Pestilence Drawing Time Lapse

And just for fun, we offer you to watch drawing time lapse videos to see how Famine and War Kami were born.

Update: Pestilence video is now available too!

Famine Time Lapse Video
War Time Lapse Video
Pestilence Time Lapse Video

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 00:52:06 — Link

If Gladiators regen twice as fast, then the weekly arena top ten will always be completely dominated by them. Dunno how I feel about that. 

• WhatamIdoing
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 01:06:07 — Link

Love the drawing videos! Also love the snow leopard! Good update! :DD

The item trading center IS AWESOME!!! :DDDDD 

• Pidove
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 01:08:22 — Link

Wonderful job, Angel! :) Thank you so much! You're always working so hard for us. ♥

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-01 01:19:19 — Link

Zaltys, you're right, this is a problem. We missed this thing, our two heads turned out to be not enough to take into account all the factors. We're remaking the logic for gladiator energy right now: it will be spent only when Gladiator lost a battle, while normal energy will be used for wins. This will give Gryphons a boost on Arena comparing to other pets but it won't be so drastic.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 03:27:29 — Link

Welp, no more Bad Glad project... Can't say I'm too happy about that.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-01 03:46:31 — Link

I will miss the Bad Glads.

Those time lapse drawings were awesome. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad Gryphons will have a leg up in something since they aren't the strongest pets for the Arena.

I'm having some problems with getting the search function in the iteme exchanges to work. Oherwise great feature.

Thank you for the updates! I love the snow leopard. :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 05:46:19 — Link

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR! I trading system! In fact I was contemplating the night before that I wanted to swap essences with someone but I didn't know if I could trust them and I was wishing there was a trading system! WHAT A FORTUNATE COINCIDENCE! c: 

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 08:16:07 — Link

I already traded some items and uhhh...but I love my gladiators...

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• mosaic
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 08:55:57 — Link

@Aelisk I'll miss them too - you and the other great users who put out the BG's really helped a newbie out! Thanks for doing it :3

*~*Combat Unicorns*~*Deviant Rocs*~*Silver&Gold Cockatrices*~*

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 12:58:50 — Link

We can still put our bad glads up at least, we still need something to fight none the less...but I think I liked the old gladiator stuff better...

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 14:48:44 — Link

Thank you so much for the time lapse videos! I so love the Kami art (as I said before), but seeing how they came to be is just awesome! :D (would there be a chance of videos for the other two Kami too? And possibly the Puma? *gets a greedy look in her eyes* ;))

I also love the graphic for the new Puma, he is purrdy!!

As with the others, I am kinda sad to see Bad Glad go, it was much easier finding opponents in the Arena like this - but I do understand why you did it. Besides, as it is now, the Gryphons still have an advantage in this field, so it's ok. As NightbaneWolf said, Bad Glads can still be put up, they just won't stay quite as long in the arena ;)

And as for the Item Exchange - wonderful, thank you! 

So overall, I am a happy camper about this patch (and about coming back to the site in general teehee ;))

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-01 20:41:41 — Link

Thank you for the feedback!

As for the galdiators, there was an obvious balance exploit. We had to add a limit for this ability because it was extremely massively used.

Search function for exchange is fixed, sorry.

Timain, I can promise to add the video for Pestilence only. I didn't record Death and other pets, sorry.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-02 00:03:23 — Link

Angel- What program did you use to record your drawings? I really enjoyed watching them by the way. I love watching other artist because I always feel I can learn something and I love the process. I'd love to record my own work- it would be interesting to see how my style changes :)

Thanks for fixing search! This is a really great function- especially during this event!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-02 00:25:21 — Link

Nightingale, I used TechSmith Camtasia. They have 30-day free trial and it's a really nice software for video capturing and editing. It's very similar to Adobe Premier Pro though much simpler. Right now my trial is over and I'm not sure if I need to purchase this software, maybe I will try some freeware like Ezvid next time :)

I love watching the drawing process too, probably most of my art skills were obtained from watching such videos :) However,  my drawing approach isn't optimal (it has a lot of similar with live media while it would be better to study how to use all of the advantages of digital painting), I thought that maybe it would be interesting for someone else too :)

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla