Boards < General < General Chat < Moderator Application Closed

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-01 00:09:01 — Link

We're currently looking for 2 volunteer moderators. Please post your applications in this thread.

Requirements

• Be at least 18 years old. 
  • Be active on the site at least 4-5 days per week.
  • Have been a member for at least 3 months.

Moderator Duties

• Help players around the forum (answering questions, welcoming new members, helping to solve disputes between players)
  • Deleting, editing or locking threads and posts with inappropriate content, spam, off-topic, harassment and other content breaking the Forum Rules
  • Warning players who have broken Forum Rules
  • Reporting players who are constantly breaking the rules and qualifying for ban
  • Reporting topics which have been placed in the wrong board

Moderator is a staff member who makes the forum a friendly, clear, organized and helpful place. You as moderator must always treat other players with respect and be happy to help them (sometimes you will need to explain the same things multiple times). Also you must know a lot about BeastKeeper gameplay and interface to give advice and answer player questions properly.

Application

1. Why do you want to be a moderator?
  2. How many days a week do you usually visit BeastKeeper?
  3. How many hours per day do you usually spend on BeastKeeper?
  4. Have you been a moderator on any other forums? Please provide the forum link if you had.
  5. Can you think of any qualities and skills you possess that would be helpful for you as a moderator?
  6. Will you be able to deal calmly with conflict situations without getting upset and being biased?
  7. Do you feel mature enough to deal with adult content?

Please do not post here unless you're applying or asking a question about this position. All applications go here, please do not PM me your applications.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-01 03:27:53 — Link

I have enjoyed watching the site grow and have been here since the beginning. I love helping others and introducing myself to new players and making them feel welcome. On the introduction threads I enjoy posting replies and letting people know they can PM me if they have questions (and sometimes they do!). I have enjoyed helping to "squash bugs" and suggest new game features. I am familiar with many aspects of gameplay on this site having been here for a long time. I would very much like to help moderate the site and continue to aid in its growth. Being a moderator would help me do what I already do (answer questions, help newbies, etc) better. I would like to contribute more to the site. :)

Every day! I usually log on each day to at minimum check messages and do quests. I am on several times a day (EST). I am most active on weekdays. I am able to respond to any issue/message within 24 hours.

Tough question... depends on the day. Recently I have been online for about 3-7 hours a day (sporadically off and on). Usually it is about 2-3 hours a day, off and on as needed. I am in front of my computer or my phone often so I am usually able to log on to check up on my account. Right now I have a pretty flexible schedule! I am very active on the forums in particular and already enjoy browsing through threads. 

4. Have you been a moderator on any other forums? Please provide the forum link if you had.

Yes! I have had some experience in the past but the forums and sites are no longer in existence (this was some time back!). I was chosen to be a Chat Administor on an unofficial Wajas chatroom (http://xat.com/wajas). The chat was abandoned after the downtime when many of the base members left Wajas. My duties involved monitoring conversation, repreimanding users, making sure all site and chat rules were being followed, banning those (after trying peaceful methods) who did not follow the rules and essentially making sure everything was operating smoothly! I used to run two RP sites on proboards back when I was big into role-playing.

Currently I am a Global Moderator on Aerithea (http://aerithea.proboards.com/) which is a site that is still in its very young forum stages. I have plenty of time to give for both- as this site is still in its -very- young phases.

5. Can you think of any qualities and skills you possess that would be helpful for you as a moderator?

I am friendly and approachable and I genuinely like to help others. I have experience moderating forums and have been actively playing petsites since about 2006 or so. I have LOTS of experince on forums. I am 21 years of age. I am a native English speaker (though I am slowly -trying- to learn Russian). I do love to help people and have a calm and collected demeanor. I have also been studying Anthropology- outwardly this may not seem useful but it has helped me greatly in becoming more understanding of people, especially ones from other cultures or backgrounds. That being said if someone is breaking the rules I have no problem putting my foot down and making a decision! My goal would be to help others in whatever way I can. I have two younger sisters, and also teach Taekwondo, so I understand that I may have to repeat things, and sometimes approach things in a different way while still remaing both calm and collected.

6. Will you be able to deal calmly with conflict situations without getting upset and being biased?

I feel like I would be able to. Part of my job in both customer service and as a President of a club at my University is conflict resolution and management. It is very hard to upset or offend me- that being said I do not take people offending or upsetting others lightly! I do not feel like I am cruel and I don't play the "favorites" game. I rather resolve most conflicts peacefully and in a timely manner if possible!

Of course, as I mentioned it is very hard to offend me. I do not tolerate offensive content that is demeaning towards others though. I do not want anyone to feel unsafe or offended by anyone else here on the site. I dealt with a lot of Adult Content when I managed my own RP site- and offensive things were not tolerated.

Thank you for your time!

-Nightingale

---------------------

I may add more later (is it okay if I edit? I will annotate the changes).

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-02-01 06:10:18 — Link

Although I didn't start when the game was first released in beta, I've been here a while and been able to see the game change and improve in a lot of ways. I like to help people, little things like giving tips and sending smalls gifts to people who need them, whether its because they can't afford it, they're new, or they need a little something to cheer them up :) I spend a lot of time in the forums trying to be friendly and make friends and do the best I can to help others do so as well. I think I could help the game a lot in that way <3

Every day! I spend a lot of time on BeastKeeper since I enjoy it so much.

It varies every day. Sometimes I'm only online for 2-3 hours, but sometimes I can be on for 5-10 or even more.

I have never been a moderator in any forums, but there's a first time for everything, right? :)

I can, actually! I'm friendly and approachable. I like to help people in any way possible! I think things through before I act, to make sure my decisions aren't rash. I almost never get mad, but I do know how to pick out things that are wrong when I see them. I can deal with things calmly and I'll almost NEVER say anything offending to anyone.

I will! I know how to keep calm, and like I said above, I never intentionally say offensive things to others, and I always apologize if I have but didn't realize.

Yes. I do so often on other sites, and I don't mind it at all.

Thank you so much for your time!

Hey everyone!

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-01 18:07:00 — Link

1. Why do you want to be a moderator? Well, the usual, I like to help people.
  2. How many days a week do you usually visit BeastKeeper? Everyday.
    On weekends I am on 13 hours at least, on weekdays, 8 hours, but normally I tend to be on 14/7, so don't worry about me missing on anything too important.No, i don't, in one breath stick on many hours, but i do visit rather often.
  4. Have you been a moderator on any other forums? Please provide the forum link if you had. I can't link it, you have to be a member to see content, sorry I work on somewhat personal sites that don't really allow 'guest viewers' so...yeah. Although I am a moderator on non-forums, if thats alright. I'm am moderator on a Minecraft game server,lol. I am also a Founder of an anti-theft group on DeviantArt that was rather popular for quite alot of months, but its not around anymore, cause it got closed down by some people who apparently didn't like it that my group was very fast and efficient on picking anything that isn't supposed to be around quickly (I have a thing for dealing with copyright infrigements)....as far as forums in iteself goes, well, honestly, i think i can navigate rather well around.
    I'm quirky, funny, fast at typing, and helpful around people...and I'd like to be a Moderator considering the bits where I seem to get people running to me, sending notes, asking for help, so it be nice if I could possibly take on a bit of a more official job. But okay, I'm fine with helping people if i a not a mod either, but it just means I don't have quite as much things to do for some of their situations which would end up requiring an actual moderator.
  6. Will you be able to deal calmly with conflict situations without getting upset and being biased? Did and done so rather often, i think I'll be alright with this bit.
  7. Do you feel mature enough to deal with adult content?Yes, i do this rather often on other sites when i'm aksing some rather personal questions form people who need a hand.

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-08 01:45:27 — Link

Applications are closed. We have 2 new moderators :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla