Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #10

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-02-02 00:35:21 — Link

Thanks! I'm going to bookmark these for future use!

Ahh, I don't feel like mine is optimal either. I tend to tackle things in a way similar to yours, so I enjoyed the video. We each have our own style which is what makes art unique. There is no "right" way (just some like mine that make it much more complicated than necessary). I love it when artists stream- That is when I learn the most! I use Photoshop CS2 (because the Legacy version was free) and my Bamboo Pen and Touch tablet- though not the optimal tools they get my by just fine for what I need. I just need to work on my skills!

No matter how you approached drawing the Kami- I loved the way they came out!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-02 03:37:35 — Link

@Angel

can we bring back the old gladiators? They were used for some of the players who would really like to train their pets....as well as they were used by players who would rather have these gladiator pets fought instead of their better pets.

if there is some concern about gladiator pets dominating the charts, if that is what you mean by the game balance, then take that away, make it so gladiator gened pets cannot enter the weekly charts then, or least not as easily, there are a lot of other genes for gryphons instead of just gladiator, I would just like the newer players to have an easier time training their pets, that's all.

i just don't want the players to keep targeting the pets I actually legit wanna train otherwise to get the pets I need to max level would be not quite as easy, cause if you are looking for some pet to train on, you'd grab any pet you can find in the arena, but with a gladiator pet, it's  easier for the player to get some experience for their pet. (As well as I noticed some players aren't apparently too comfortable with the losses on their pet's stats???)

and I am as well, after I finish with some pets, moving on to my GP so it will be much much harder for any new players to fight my pets then...as well as I'm moving back to my all-green stats GP pet project again, much harder for newer players.

as well as there are other users who put up GPpets...

i just want the other players to be able to train and be happy,that's all,as well the gladiator gene was not a hassle for any of us cause it's not a constant throwing the gladiators back in the arena over and over and over again...well, unless if someone is wasn't checking and all my gladiators keep winning till they go off the arena, ROFL! XD

...but okay, just my little suggestion and input.... 

But ok, at least now they regen health better, but then I'm probably going to ask people to try their best NOT to lost against my gladiators then, lmao XD 

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-02-02 04:02:40 — Link

NightbaneWolf, you described the exploit that was fixed: too easy training and devalued arena wins. It wasn't only for newbies like you say. This thing was exploited tremendously. Whole server including top players was levelling pets on the degenerated gladiator gryphons. No, we're not going to reverse the things back to return it. Gladiator ability was supposed to boost Gryphons on Arena because they don't have special combo abilities like other pets; it wasn't supposed to make an unbalanced and unlimited easy training for all pets in the game. We had to add a limit to Gladiator ability to avoid further exploiting. They still can be beaten as easily as they were, but now there's a limit for such losses.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-02 04:28:15 — Link

@Angel

While it's really not fun to see old players spam battle and stay up the weekly charts to their advantage....I just really had enjoyed some of the newer players get their experience, cause they can't handle some of the older user's pets...I think some of us intended the gladiators for the newer users...it's just not really fun for any of us to see newer users struggling to get their first maxed level pet, and most newer users do not have the stuff needed for the Inn to invite trainers, or the money for the ridinghalls, it's rather expensive to train pets with the ridinghalls so we just wanted to help them, that's all.

Although I'm honestly willing to trade in any materials or schemes to help new players...hence why I'm putting my blueprints in the 'Item Exchange' for some vermillion or so for each level blueprints, rofl XD

but okay, note to EVERYONE ELSE ...from what I understand, it's technically 20 energy for gladiator and they have faster regen for energy...as long as you guys don't  lose against the gladiators, they should stick around a bit longer...m'kay guys? Luckily I'm on quite lot so I can keep putting them up. BUT...I'm only putting the gladiators up when they are completely at full bars, that's going to be the small catch to this then....I think we can stuck to this plan, eh?

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• WitchWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-02 21:29:41 — Link

So basically, Bad Glads can still work as intended (ie, easier level up in the arena) but, as NightbaneWolf said, they won't stick around for quite as long. I am not overly happy with the rebalance - leveling up the starting pets is a long bummer as is - but I can undersand the logic behind the nerf.

At the very least, the possibility of easier level up isn't taken away completely; it will take longer, since Bad Glads won't stick around as long, but it will still be faster than without having them around at all. I, for one, will keep breeding those "training pets" and sticking them in the arena whenever I can.

Next up - Item Exchange! I've been hoping for a feature like this ever since I joined up. Extremely useful.

Also, now that white spotted pumas look way better, I am tempted to breed for white spotted now.

Lastly, I understand why the "Pound cash" got halved. However, from what I understand, people opt to put their pets in the Pound mostly because the alternative - The Reserve - does pretty much nothing at all. Plus it takes quite a while for new players to even get enough silver and materials to build it. So in order to reduce the number of Pounded pets, the next step should likely be to make the Reserve much more meaningful in some way.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-03 06:49:33 — Link

@witchwolf

i have so many vermillion from item exchange xD

anyways,I can't even breed a spotted puma, rofl...if you get one, lemme know, my pumas are pretty much pure white ones XD 

• heartcrusher1
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-13 04:06:46 — Link

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla