Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Make Energy regen quicker.

Boards

• Kolibri
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 00:54:43 — Link

I would venture to say maybe half an hour to regain a point would be good. As of right now, the pets don't have a lot energy anyways. If you're doing quests, some of your pets are tied up for four hours, leaving you with fewer to explore with. There was also a suggestion made about increased energy as a pet levels. I was going to agree with that, as well, but of course I ended up posting during maintenence and lost that post.

Either suggestion seems plausible. Increasing energy pets have as they level up, or decreasing the amount of time it takes to regain energy. However, implementing both suggestions together may produce undesired results. Having too much energy  at times will mean you have a chance to bring in a lot of income. Though, if not balanced correctly, it can cause a quick decline into inflation.

The thread in question is; http://beastkeeper.com/thread/442 in case anyone is curious about that.

"You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution for their problem, and everyone refuses to believe in magic."

- Jefferson/The Mad Hatter, Once Upon a Time

• Crosstrace
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 02:47:08 — Link

I completely support. As a new player it kind of sucks to have to sit around for 2 hours to do 1 exploration.... Kind of insane if you ask me. Because pets have such low energy a 10-15 min for 1 energy gain seems optimal to me, unless pets gain an extra energy slot per level then a 30 min wait time would be good in order to keep things under control. This site still needs to get off the ground and this would help a lot. It would make the site way more appealing to new users, because as it sits there isn't a lot to do when you only have 4 pets and 1 energy gain every hour. Thats all I have to say right now.

~Thanks for reading!

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 04:28:56 — Link

Agreed for faster energy regeneration time. I enjoy the mechanics of the site, but I'm quickly losing interest in it because I can't do much most of the time. 

Either some mechanic needs to be implemented for energy gain to be faster, or there need to be interactive options that don't require energy to maintain user interest. At least for now, since there are limited pets/players for interaction.

• 4everHallie
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 04:36:08 — Link

support

if it keeps up like this people will just have tons of pets just to explore with and got will numbers and not quality.

HI! Looking for: Gyrphons, STONE, WOOD, and cash XD Have: baby pumas, baby dragon, and baby roc.

• Neve
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 06:09:42 — Link

I think one energy every half hour would be a little too long. It would take a long time to get all 10 energy points back. Although I suppose 20 minutes isn't too bad.

It only takes a few minutes to get rid of all of your energy, but it takes a long time to get it back. ^^; Therefore, I support this idea!

Neve!

• Dr_Starchild
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 13:38:56 — Link

You're gonna hate but... no support. it's going to make me frantic having to try and keep up with everyone else, or stay poor, right now it's pretty much as fast as I can handle factoring in real life and other pet sites.

And it's not only me, you're thinking "people will get bored, and go away" while it's not how it works. Have you ever played a facebook game like Sims Social, with an energy bar? Imagine if you had three times as much energy. You'd play a lot more in a day, but get worn out faster by the repetitive tasks. Instead of leaving thinking "I want more"! it becomes a dreary task. "oh no, I have to use up all this energy or it'll go to waste..." Ever felt that?

Besides, have you considered that now you only have 2-3 pets to quest with, but when you have up to 50 fully functional pets, that'll be 50 energy, 25 explorations every hour?

• Kita
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 23:49:21 — Link

I support!

Either having the time for energy go down, or have a different intereactive thing you can do with pets or on the site other than the forums since everybody isn't a social butterfly.

Kita from #3988 on Aywas.

• ThatSmallWeirdo
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 03:42:03 — Link

I support this as well :3 Being as obsessed with this site as I am, I'm constantly checking my pets to see if their energy has regened. Then I remember that it takes 10 hours to get all the energy I spent back >.< Either that or make different features that can give your pet energy back, not just the premium shop Energy Drink.

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 05:49:11 — Link

Support for faster energy regen.

But maybe instead of making them regen faster, introduce an item that is craftable (when you have this or that building maybe) and enables your pet to regen energy twice as fast for... lets say 5 hours.

It shouldn't be too cheap to make, but not incredibly expensive either. And maybe only useable once a day a pet.

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• Verl
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 06:16:59 — Link

I really do support a bit faster energy regen, or changing how quests work. Quests and crafting tie your pet up for four hours and completely drain your energy bar at the same time no matter how chinsy the quest or craft is. 100 money to waste four hours seems insane. The fact I set some pets off on quests and wake up eight hours later to a half empty bar is kinda nuts. An hour is a long time and we do have a hard cap on how much energy you can store up at least to curb too much pouring in, I think. It's only five exploring outtings max after all per pet. (that and all new pets are useless for about three days too, the wait might hurt less with more pets but right now, ow.)

• NoVeck
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-26 09:47:59 — Link

Support

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 18:02:50 — Link

I highly support this.

I dislike facebook games due to the extreme wait times, tbh. It's why I play on WEBSITES and not Facebook.

We still get rare items from exploring. The site shouldn't have to penalize people that can play and dedicate more time to the site as it still gives a fair chance to people if they make it 20 minutes for 1 energy regen.

And the fact that energy consumption isn't simply for explorations, having this really long regen time is a pain. We need energy to battle on the arena, to breed and the quests take up ALL of the animal's energy when you enlist on them. There's just a lot of other things to do, but we're limited to just a little energy.

Sure, I might not have a lot of pets that I can play with now, but it only takes me what, 30 minutes to have 7 of my pets run dry? That's like 30 minutes on the site and the rest of the day off. Not to mention that the wait times to tame a pet is pretty extreme too (3 days? 1 game year to tame a pet? Reaaally?).  You don't immediately get functional pets and you don't simply get upgrades for pet slots on a whim either. This takes a LOT of time waiting for stuff to do and it's just a drag really. I do have a life outside of the site, but 30 minutes is too short of an activity on the game for me.

This wait time thing might fit on casual games like the ones on facebook and if that's what this game is meant to be, then why not have it on facebook? There are breeding games that function a lot similar on Facebook; do you guys know Horse Academy? It's a horse breeding game with lots of different skins, it also features horse racing so you need to train your pets. The game has tons of genetic features as it is a breeding game and it can actually be its own site if the publishers wanted it to be. They have a lot of members playing each day and it's quite a casual game too (since it's on FB).

This site can be casual, sure. But why pay excessive fees when you can pay a smaller amount on facebook, have a larger market and have free advertising? People can share this game easier on facebook too, so yeah.

This is a dedicated website and in my opinion, sites like these are catered to people that actually have time to play. While they shouldn't stop people who are simply bored and want to play social games with their peers, the game does not have to be limited to being casual. That'll take a way a lot from the people they're getting on the site and thus, drives these people away.

20 minutes for 1 energy is still a LONG wait. It's still at par with facebook games. I support this idea because waiting 1 hour is excruciatingly painful and though I do a lot of things outside the game, it would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to wait extremely long.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 18:27:20 — Link

I made another post about energy options but I will just put my support stamp on this since I agree whole-heartedly with this as well.

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 20:14:43 — Link

Support.

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 20:30:16 — Link

support, 1 hour is way too long for a single point

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla