Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < New search options?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-30 23:58:52 — Link

I was panning through the pet auctions today when I got struck with an idea. Wouldn't it be useful to be able to search the auctions for wild born pets as another search criteria? I know there are quite a few people out there who look exclusively for wild pets to breed from and it would be a nifty feature versus having to go through each listing to check the pedigree.

Also, just something I was wondering about the search option period - but is there a particular reason we're only limited to looking up two desired traits? For something like recessives breeding or something I find it somewhat time consuming to sort through dozens of prospective mates in the hopes that they have the three or four genes I'm looking for. Not something I see as really game breaking if it wasn't implemented, but it would be nice.

Something else I think might be useful, but kind of verges on redundancy is being able to mark (and search for) pets as "for sale" or sale by owner. I see a lot of people around with sale/trade tabs in their profiles containing pets, but they don't usually appear on the auction halls. I think it verges on redundancy because, hey, we have an auction hall - but with something like sales threads and similar where people are already PM'ing and talking face to face for commerce anyways I think it would be useful for people to be able to further advertise their privately sold creatures.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Any new potential search options come to mind (if any)?

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-01 00:33:28 — Link

"Wild parents" search, YES, this is so needed.

Additional search terms/genes, I think I read in a topic somewhere, that it would be too complicated to code (?)

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-01 03:41:14 — Link

That would be very nice! I am always looking for caught pets. That way I can be sure that I never accidently inbred my pets. Also, I would think it would be better  if there also a search function to separate from generation of pets, so that when I look for genetic power I can be sure that pet has shortest generation as possible. 

• thestillpoint
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-01 04:04:02 — Link

110% support. I always search only for wild pets -- and it can take quite awhile to open up all the tabs, just to close out of the pets who have non-wild parents.

But, as I'm sure has been suggested, I think some display on the main search page (wild/not wild, GP, gender) would also immensely help the search process.

I also support being able to search for more than just two genes at at time. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-01 20:29:29 — Link

I would LOVE to search for wild born pets, or search for pets of a certain generation. Click I made a suggestion for using generation for these kinds of searches. I think it may make it easier to code and for breeders to see this on the pets profile. I put your thread on there because I thought that they could use each other ^^

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-01-29 16:51:30 — Link

"Wild" filter is added.

The reason why genetics filter is limited to 2 genes is because this is very resource and server-time consuming query. Searching through all of the pets on server may take a very long time even with only 2 genes, and 3 may lead to an outtimed query.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla