Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Generation

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-01 20:37:38 — Link

Okay... So I know this suggestion can be highly debatable and I would like to see which way it goes. I'm just throwing the idea out there to see what others think....

On this site there seems to be a growing importance on wild grown pets. A wild caught pet "has no parents" (lonely I know), so they are prized for the fact that they can't be inbred.

Higher "generation" pets are more likely to be inbred because they have a higher amount of ancestors. Looking through lineages can be tough when you are just trying to find a wild caught pet or low "generation" pet.

I propose (after we debate this/if it still sounds like a good/plausible idea) that we include "generation" in a pet's profile.

Wild caught pets would be generation 1 pets, because they have no parents. Their off-spring would be considered generation 2 pets.

If a generation 4 and a generation 1 pet bred then the generation would be 5.

I know generation has caused issues on wajas with people proffering lower generation or super high generations. But on wajas 1st gen pets were customs, and the lower gens (in most cases) were likely to have stronger marking etc...)

I feel that on BK the importance of having a lower generation isn't merely for collection purposes since technically any pet can have a custom skin- the purpose is for breeders to have more information when breeding their pets. It is merely an indicator of lines.

yes there will still be collectors, people will want to have short lines, and some people will take pride in breeding long clean lines... That's happening regardless

Now all that being said what are people's thoughts? Is this a good idea? Is it even worth it or necessary (or possible)?

Zenith's Thread proposed a search for wild caught parents in auctions. I feel like having a number for each of the generations will make searches easier to code and conduct.

So yeah... thoughts?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 02:21:13 — Link

I definitely support this. I usually have to look at the predigree to see how far generation. A function like this will make my search easier  and quicker to look and manage a lineage.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-03 03:57:35 — Link

I'm glad someone else thinks this! Maybe I wasn't so crazy after all! :) Thank you!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-04 13:50:39 — Link

Support~

• MishaBaby
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 15:55:01 — Link

Also support.

Looking for Foundation Unicorns with no red stats.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have a sale section. Take a look at my "Take Them Home" tab to see what I've currently got for sale. All pets, regardless of how many red stats, 1k minimum. All pets unresearched with no red stats 1.5K, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Fully researched 3.5k, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Prices above set minimums negotiable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have many, many suggestions, and I'd love your feedback on them! Click   HERE    to check them out, and please comment. Thanks! Current number of suggestions in the thread: 10.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla