Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 27 28 29 ... 36 37 | Next »

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-23 17:23:09 — Link

I haven't used the official PSDs myself, will have a look in a minute and see if the same blurry layer issue happens for me, and how you could fix it.

The monarch dragon design is awesome, I love how you drew the pattern on the wings. Very creative! The body seems very dark though, almost black - the highlights and shape of the dragon's body can't be seen much under the colouring. Maybe you could lighten it, so it's very dark grey?

• Dragonbard
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-24 02:26:10 — Link

Marans (#53943) wrote:

I haven't used the official PSDs myself, will have a look in a minute and see if the same blurry layer issue happens for me, and how you could fix it.

The monarch dragon design is awesome, I love how you drew the pattern on the wings. Very creative! The body seems very dark though, almost black - the highlights and shape of the dragon's body can't be seen much under the colouring. Maybe you could lighten it, so it's very dark grey?

Yes, i can definitely lighten up the dark areas on that.  I had debated on it earlier, monarchs are black though so hard to keep the darkness of a monarch and get the other to show through, let me play with it a bit and see.  Thanks again.  The other one I was going for metallics on and keep having that edging issue using the layers.  I will play with both later and see what I can do.

• RunFromDan
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-08 09:51:54 — Link

Hi! Are we allowed to alter the site's base skin? Like, I want to turn the unicorn base into a more arabian horse looking shape. I'm not going to post it anywhere else or claim it as my own or anything, I just wanted to make an arabian horse for a friend and I can't do bodies for horses.

-Find my art on twitter @Lonewander_

• pleigh
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-06 03:43:23 — Link

i found the png file but dont know how to use it can you help me

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-05-09 16:04:07 — Link

RunFromDan, we not only allow but also encourage players to use custom bases! Initially we supposed that custom skins would be 100% custom. Official grayscale bases were added only after numerous inquires from players. You can ignore the official bases completely if you wish.

pleigh, check out our Skin Coloring Tutorial, it explains how to color a grayscale PNG.

• Moracalle
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-28 18:33:40 — Link

How long does a custom skin usually stay in pending for? I recently uploaded this one

CS in pending
and here's the uncolored base I created 
(Supposed to be a dwarf Lykos)
uncolored

• Moracalle
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-30 10:32:35 — Link

I recently made this
(werewolf) WereSymurgh

weresymurgh

--
and here is the original grayscale.
weresymurgh base

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-03 22:35:56 — Link

I'm back with another collection of custom skins.

Needed to know if they're fine.

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2017-06-05 16:18:55 — Link

Moracelle, themoderation usually takes up to 3 days.

The first base is fine! Unfortunately, we can't accept the second one because it actually depicts a dufferent species. We have no anthro pets.

Lorry14, my only concern is the cut edges. Besides that they are completely fine!

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-05 20:22:20 — Link

thanks,I'll work on that soon.

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-05 20:42:19 — Link

Don't do the little fangs on the lykos, other than that they're perfect.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• allid2412
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-22 04:56:26 — Link

Ok, so I made this skin, it's my first I've ever made. The first time I tried to submit itwithout posting it here, and it was rejected. I touched it up some and added some more detail this time. I'm hoping now it will be accepted?

Orange blue-wing dragon

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-22 08:00:02 — Link

As much as I like it Allid, I don't think it'll get accepted. First off, the wings aren't fully colored, secondly it's a recongizable character, which may be an issue for this site, third, the black outline may mess up what the skin should look like on a transparent background (aka it's too rigid, it would need to be smoother). I really like the idea though.... Angel can probably give you better feedback though.

• allid2412
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-23 00:04:03 — Link

fair enough and good points. scrapping that one. this is my secong try. i'm linking to with and without background. obviously i would submit the one without, but i still wanted to show what it would look like with something other than a white background.

mystic night wolf with background

mystic night wolf

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-23 03:52:33 — Link

Ooooo, that one looks like fun! You've gotten better between attempts c:

« Prev | 1 2 ... 27 28 29 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla