Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Sticky: Typos and text issues

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 13 14 | Next »

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-20 04:57:33 — Link

Actual typo: B4 (Zebra)

Should be: B4 (Striped)

Located on: On list of skins, for the unicorns.

Shares IP address with flatmates who might join!

• Zaltys
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-20 11:41:04 — Link

Not exactly a typo. Just... for a moment, I thought that I had accidentally put one of my pets for sale. But no, he was only listed for breeding. 

Actual typo:
Cancel sale

Should be: Cancel breeding (or just Cancel, like in pet profiles)

Located on: Trading -> Breeding Offers -> any of your listed pets. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-09-20 17:25:48 — Link

Actual Typo: "You have sent the message."

Should Be: "You have sent your message"

Located on: Messages

You have sent "the" message just seems a bit odd because I feel like I'm a secret agent delivering something very important.

Not really a typo, or grammar, just odd wording.

Thanks

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-21 09:57:31 — Link

Actual typo:Your pet gets some silver coins for victory on Arena.

Should be: Your pet gets some silver coins for every victory in the Arena.

Located on: Bet Expert description, when you mouse-over it on a pet's gene page and also on the List of Genes page.

• Galerane
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-22 03:43:07 — Link

Sorry, the beginning section didn't show up...here is what I typed before.

1b you will lost them when the bug will be fixed
1d for buggy and unbalanced game
e do not plan to make a wipe after the end of Beta test.

Should be:

1. What does "Beta" word on your logotype mean?
This game isn't a finished product and its core features are still in the process of development.  If you decided to join the Beta test, please note the following points:
a.  You may encounter bugs and issues.  As a Beta tester, you accept to report the encountered bugs here.
b.  If you got some in-game values due to a bug, you will lose them when the bug will be fixed.
c.  Any game aspect may change at any time. This includes prices, rates, mechanics etc.
d.  You won't be able to purchase Gold Coins before the release. We don't think that it's fair to get money for a buggy and unbalanced game.
e.  We do not plan to wipe after the end of Beta testing.

Located on:

FAQ General Game questions

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-22 22:20:07 — Link

Thanks, almost all is fixed :)

Nightingale, I've seen the use of "you have sent a / the message" in web many times, and "you - your" word combination sounds to me like tautology. I'm not sure about this one, sorry.

Galerane, sorry, I do not see any changes in the text, it's just a copy without any changes except lettering instead of the bullets.

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-22 22:37:06 — Link

@Angel

(Lol, excuse me, on a roll here so a nice big block of text will be coming up right after this small notice)

Actually, both you and Nightingale are correct about the so-called 'typo'. But yet it's not a typo at all, both sentence will work and can be used, it's just more or less one sentence, Nightingale's, has a more direct tone to it while yours I would say has a more less directed tone to it...I recommend saying both sentences out loud for this one. However, I do think this 'typo' seems to be more of a 'I think this sentence sounds better than the one one' sort, depends if you are ok with a sentence that is directly talking about someone's something next to a sentence that lightly 'skids' around taking any direction.

if my explanation isn't clear, lets just for example say I needed you to do something for me, if I was going the way Nightingale said, it may sound like 'I want you to bring that bowl of fruit over"

as opposed to yours, which would sounds like 'Can someone bring the bowl of fruit over?" (Please take note I hadn't directly stressed/selected out any specific word as the other example sentence, indicating this one is much 'lighter toned' that the other somewhat more 'directed/Strong, perhaps even more 'demanding' one').

...bascially that's what Nightingale had more or less wrote/perhaps meant, but honestly, both works, it's just dependent on how direct/strong you want to 'sound'.

...and seriously you could even say 'You have sent a message' if you really wanted to 'go there' with this 'typo', lol.

*cough cough* But okay, hope this helps and that I did alright in trying to explain this, and yes erm, it still is quite the tautology, lol XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Galerane
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-23 03:10:27 — Link

fixed it above, sorry it didn't show all my typing on the top.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-23 04:00:51 — Link

Galerane, thanks you, I see now. Fixed :)

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-25 00:39:20 — Link

'Mechanicians Guild is looking for an agile (45) Puma to find a natural tunnel to the deposits in the Selenium mine.'

But I thought it's the Miners who use the Pumas? ;)

I killed the thread.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-09-25 01:37:37 — Link

drak, thanks a lot! Sorry for this fail, it's fixed.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-09-29 10:09:08 — Link

The text for the portal on the Tactics map needs to be updated. It still advertises 10 rating points + 4k silver instead of the new system. 

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-03 03:03:35 — Link

Actual typo:Your pet is awaiting a twins.

Should be: Your pet is awaiting twins.

Located on: Page when female Symurgh gets pregnant with twins.

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-03 10:13:49 — Link

I'm not sure if Fire Strike and Fire Breath are different things or if they are two terms for the same thing. If the latter...

Actual typo: Fire Breath

Should be: Fire Strike

Located on: The genetics tab of any dragon with dominant Fire Gland and Spitting Muscle's page... under Gene combo abilities

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-10-05 22:07:14 — Link

Actual typo: Contruction is in progress. Time left until finish:

Should be: Construction is in progress

Located on: When building something (Craft and Construction)

Hey everyone!

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 13 14 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla