Boards < Offtopic < Other Games < Minecraft

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-01 20:29:00 — Link

Anyone else play minecraft?

Seriously, I bought this game in alpha a few years ago for $10 and probably have played it more hours than any other game in my entire life. (I've even played it more than my favorite game of all time, Morrowind, which has been out nearly a decade longer.)

Right now the server my friends and I set up uses a launcher, Feed the Beast, that automatically sets up mods. Can't tell you how glad I was when it was enabled, I've always used mods in single player but many of my friends were too intimidated by installing mods we pretty much couldn't add any to the server.

My dedication and time-wasting has progressed to the next level though, I've actually started working on a 32x32 texture pack. Based on, what else, Morrowind.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-02 02:20:03 — Link

I play Minecraft too, I never thought it would be as occupying as it is. I mostly got it so I could build in creative mode, something I find incredibly therapeutic when I get in a mood to think or create stuff like a scale model of Manhattan or something. I've only finished maybe six city blocks and I know I'll never get around to finishing it, but it's nice to be grandiose, one building block at a time.

I loved playing my Kahjiit in morrowind - kinda sad that successive games got rid of the medium armor class, as it was definitely one of the coolest looking out there in morrowind's day.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-07 22:57:22 — Link

I was just about to come in here and start a topic about Minecraft! 

I've only just managed to set a server up for some friends - we run on Hamachi and Bukkit, which can get awkward, but I'm liking the little edits so far. I'm looking into getting a few more interactive plugins, but the last one we used was a bit. Yeeeeah.

Does anyone have any favourite texture packs? I'm loving two at the moment.
One that I use for singleplayer, because it's a bit intensive, is Summerfields and its absolutely gorgeous. It's HD (I think) so it needs to be MCPatched, but its so gorgeous its really worth it.
Another one I use - the one I use for the server game, and put into the server as the reccomended pack, is a much lighter pack called PixelPerfection, which is just so smooth and lovely that I couldn't resist. It runs fairly smoothly too, no patching needed! 

Here's a bit of a dim picture, but this is the view from my front balcony;

Derp, didn't realise the cursor was on there still. Ah well! 

* Winter is coming *

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 20:19:38 — Link

Summerfields is one of my favorites too, it's extremely well done.
Steelfeather's Enchanted is another one of my favorites.

Our server encourages Sphax, but that's because of the mod support. I personally use JohnSmith Legacy instead, I don't like the cartoony Sphax very much but it is very well done. XD

And my own, of course. Ha ha, I may be biased. It's still very much a WIP and I won't release it publicly until I have the terrain completely done, and probably the items too.I have no screenshots right now and I'm not going to try and get any on my laptop.

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 23:40:24 — Link

I play, but I'm pretty new, and can't stand Survival- I was looking for a cave to start mining in, went into one, saw a zombie, squeaked- really, I did- and that was the end of me playing survival, at least by myself.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• AetheriumAeon
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 13:19:05 — Link

I *love* Minecraft! (or Minceraft as some like to call it lol)

I actually have a paid server. It's small, but I've got server commands working and plan to add some more mods to it in the upcoming months.

#624 on Flight Rising

#15498 on Felisfire

• Storm
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 08:49:28 — Link

I have had Minecraft for a while, since it came out in Alpha but I didnt really play it then until the beta was over. Last year was when I really got into it, learning how to download mods and building better things in creative. Most of the mods I use serve no real purpose like the Dragon Mounts mod.

Something I made a few months ago, I love building stuff...I just have trouble sometimes finding a design i wish to work from.

• Karia
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 07:57:16 — Link

I play Minecraft too.

• Anecdote
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-15 05:58:00 — Link

Meep! Minecraft! I became obsessed with it about a year ago, and although mining in dark tunnels has become a phobia of mind o.O'... I still love to play it. I do a lot of multiplayer on servers like bytecraft.

I have a few friends who have servers, which I need to get on soon, but usually I just mess around in creative.

• Bren
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 11:40:51 — Link

Wow! Nice job on your castle, Storm :)

But anywho I'm a huge Minecraft addict :D I usually play in Survival and Creative on single player and I also play on a multiplayer server that's nice (They'll actually be updating it soon)

I've tried to find a really small multiplayer server with nice respectful players, but haven't found one yet...here's to hoping :)

It's great to know that there are other Minecraft addicts here :) 

"Music is What Feelings Sound Like" 

"Life is like Photography...We Develop from the Negatives"

"Where Words Fail, Music Speaks"

• GypsyV
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-24 02:42:19 — Link

I really want to get it. Tried the free one on my phone but had no clue what to do so I deleted it.

• AetheriumAeon
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-24 02:50:18 — Link

What you do is punch trees, get wood, go to the wiki and see what you can craft from it.

Or watch any of the multitude of youtube videos that show how to survive the first night in Minecraft.

#624 on Flight Rising

#15498 on Felisfire

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-16 08:09:20 — Link

i play minecraft

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-08-18 16:56:18 — Link

I play it. But I play it in my iPod, so I don't have the FULL version. :(

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Seelenblut
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-04 19:59:58 — Link

I played Minecraft since alpha. Most of the time with some friends on a 'private' server - using hamachi. But not as often as I played in the earlier stage of minecraft. I really like the updates, but in single mode it is getting boring with time. (Hope this sentence make any sense...)

Minecraft is still one of my favourite games

- Valar morghulis -

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla