Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Multiple pages in the pound.

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 07:02:07 — Link

I'm suggesting that we have multiple pages for the pound when there's alot of pets to look thru. It's a bit tedious to refresh the page to look at all the pets and even then it's uncertain that each refresh shows new pets. 

who's with me?

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-03-30 07:41:09 — Link

Support! This would be very useful. The pound is sort of annoying at times.

Hey everyone!

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 09:47:55 — Link

Don't support. The pound is not your shopping ground. The pound is mostly for new people so they can start up a pet collection even if they might not have the best stats of amazing genes. Everyone has to start somewhere.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 19:05:34 — Link

Support! There was one day when the same pet showed up on three refreshes -.- And there were 59 pets in there to look at.

@ irrimn: How does having multiple pages in the Pound affect new players, exactly? You still can't see the stats and what not, your just guarenteed not to see the same pet five times in a row. 

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Bluestar62
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 01:08:07 — Link

Support!

There isn't much of a choice, so I have to agree! :D

Rawr. >:3

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 02:49:12 — Link

@NiteThorn - I don't think you got the point. The pound is not a shopping ground. Multiple pages would mean older players who know what to look for could easily take the best pets out of the pound, whether it was just levels, color, or whatever.

Again, the pound should be a place mostly for newbies to start their pet collection. Being able to see multiple pets only really benefits older players looking for specific things.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 06:27:39 — Link

So how does it change when players, new and old, can simply refresh the page over and over to see new pets and "shop around"? I really don't think it makes a difference either way.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 09:49:37 — Link

Because new players aren't really likely to refresh over and over to find a certain pet since they're just happy to be getting free pets.

Besides the fact that you ignored my whole argument about how if there were pages then older players would go through all the pages just to find the best pets to take out of the pound.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 10:38:20 — Link

I wasn't ignoring your argument, I'm saying is there really a difference between refreshing a page and flipping through pages? You might see the same pets show up, but do it enough and you'll get a good idea of what's in there.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 14:57:49 — Link

There is a difference when you're using the pound as a shopping list. If you can flip through the pages, take stock on the best ones, determine the one you want, and flip back to the page with that pet on it then you're using it as a shopping list.

On the other hand, if you have to refresh a bunch of times to get a good idea of what is in there, it is still difficult to determine the best pet or the pet you want without knowing 100% all the pets that are in the pound. And then even if you determine what pet you want, getting it to show up again requires more work.

So obviously making the pound have multiple pages would cater to people looking for specific pets in the pound rather than new players and players who aren't as descriminant about what pets they get.

It's obvious the only reason anyone would want multiple pages is so they can use them to pick and choose your pets that they recieve from the pound.

It's for exactly this reason it wont get added to the game and it is fine as it is.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 18:33:26 — Link

I don't disagree with you, but please don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say I supported the motion, I said I didn't see a difference. The same inherent mechanic of being able to review multiple generated lots of pets is still there, both in the system as it is now and if it were to change to a page system. People can still abuse the system if they so choose and shop around. The only difference is that it demands more patience when the site reaches the userbase to the point where there are hundreds of pets in the pound.

Unless there's a decision to lock users to only review 15 pets per day to choose from to adopt, there will always be room for that kind of...what? Abuse? Exploitation?

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-03 21:52:03 — Link

Irrimn, Zenith, Please don't turn this into a debate. 

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 05:09:58 — Link

Sorry Zenith, I didn't mean you as in YOU specifically. I changed my post to better reflect what I meant by you as in someone, or anyone. I wasn't trying to start anything; I was just trying to make a point.

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 03:48:53 — Link

is there anyone else that supports it? 

• OrcaTheMuffin
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 04:14:43 — Link

Well, I support it. There are over 50 pets in the pound (or even higher on some days.), and I'm sure there is enough pets in there that have pretty okay stats - considering that some people try to eliminate bad genetic stats in their stables - that newer players will be able to find something they enjoy.

Though, a page number limit could be set in order? I like the idea that Zenith mentioned that players can only veiw so much. I'm thinking maybe 2-3 pages, just to be sure that users cannot go through each page on a rampage the second this may be put into action and take the best one they see and leave the more undesirable ones to those who couldn't get there fast enough.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla