Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Multiple pages in the pound.

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 05:02:57 — Link

a 2-3 page limit to pick from isn't a bad idea. Brand new players who's accounts are less than 72 hours old can get full access and view all pets and older accounts have limited access can only view a total of 35-40 pets. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-05 05:10:35 — Link

"It's obvious the only reason anyone would want multiple pages is so they can use them to pick and choose your pets that they recieve from the pound."

-eh new or old user I'd be trying to find the most visually appealing pet. Many sites have a refresh for pet/pound selection and not pages...

I feel like having it on just refresh (and not telling users to refresh the page to see more [yes we can see there are more pets in the pound than we visibly see.. but yah no sometimes we don't think]) may be douping new members by making them feel like they don't have a choice...

You can see the stats of a pet anyway... so it really doesn't matter which pet you select.Your selection is basically based off of the pets name, species, and color probably... At least give people more variety (well, let them know they have more variety by showing the page numbers, or putting a statement telling them to refresh by seeing more).

I support, but I can go either way on this one really.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 08:47:58 — Link

I feel like this is a moot point now that the pound is going to be emptying out in favor of island portal voucher thingies anyways. Oh well.

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 09:23:29 — Link

That wasn't necessary irrimn, and it was kinda rude sounding.

• Viriagan
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 16:51:28 — Link

^Hm, I don't see any rudeness there? o: And it's perfectly okay to discuss things as long as everything is kept civil.

No support from me. I believe a pound isn't something you're supposed to easily flip through & choose from (we got pet sales for that) and have never seen a pet site use such a system with efficiency.

From the small crumbs of earth
from the fleece of summer eve
from the memory of a single seed

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-05 16:53:51 — Link

I agree. I think opinions like that are best the news post, a private pm, or yourself, not in a suggestion forum that isn't entirely related. If you're miffed, as I'm sure most of us are, post about it in the news post where it belongs. 

I still think this is a valid topic even with the new system (whatever your opinions may be on it). Perhaps even moreso. 

Now you are less likely to be able to adopt back that pet you accidentally abandoned quicker. (there may be fewer pets there. But more are being captured every day, there's probably going to be more than one page of pets. 

And people are still going to send things to the pound. I don like the new  voucher system so I'm not using it. I'll use the pound if I really want so that newbies can have a go at a pet. Not be rid of it forever. Especially if it is a decent pet that would be good for a newbie. 

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 17:00:59 — Link

I wasn't trying to sound rude it's just that because of these latest changes I feel like the pound is going to be emptying out, and therefore wont NEED multiple pages because there wont ever be that many pets in there...

I don't see how that's rude and it's perfectly relevant to the discussion since it WILL have a direct impact on the number of pets in the pound.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-05 17:51:55 — Link

The Pound pet selection refreshes when user refreshes the page, it's not locked for a day or other time period. Pagination isn't compatible with this, every page will have random selection of pets. If it won't be random, it will mean that we're locking the chance for all of the pets which are not on the offered 2-3 pages and it's actually doesn't correspond with Pound purposes - find the home for all homeless pets.

Pound is lottery, it shouldn't provide the possibility to sort out the pets and carefully choose them.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-05 20:22:16 — Link

I don't know if I was thinking something completly different or what.. I wasn't suggesting sorting the pets in the pound. It's a pound, you don't sort pets like you would in a store or trades... I was simply suggesting that we add Page 1, 2, 3, 4 etc... so that it becomes more obvious to people that there are other pets in the pound. If there are only white unicorns on the first page (and there often are) and I want to focus on gryphons or I have too many white unicorns... then turning the page would be nice... yes you can refresh. But having a button there that shows that there are more pages would be nice. Not sorting.... Just page numbers.

• Kiku
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-15 03:15:33 — Link

reviviing this thread. there's nearly 200 pets in the pound and it's a bit silly that the only way we can see them all is to constantly refresh the page

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-16 06:29:54 — Link

I think the new point of having pages is not reviewing them all over again. I have a very bad connection sometimes (dial up if any of you remember that (sucks for explore) so re-loading unnecessary things I've already seen isn't really worth me waiting a minute to see pound pets. I do agree that the pound isn't a place to shop. But it is a place for pets to get adopted..

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-19 02:24:16 — Link

yes good idea i hate the choices in pound!!!

Myrtlecedar305 <3

If a kid was beating a dog with a bat, 49% would stop and stare, and 50% would walk away. I am the 1% who would grab the bat and beat the kid.

92% of the girls would cry if Justin Bieber fell off a cliff and died. 7% of the girls would scream and jump off the cliff after him. 1% of the girls would have been the ones who pushed him off the cliff. Put this on your signature if you were the 1% that pushed him off.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla