Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #3

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

• Gwinni
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 01:26:37 — Link

Well to combat the loss of energy I just don't battle any monsters on the first island now, collect as many items as I can and leave then go after all the monsters on the 2nd island. I can still explore twice but miss out xp on the first =/

If I bump into a fountain I just miss the monsters on that island again. Not ideal but I'd rather take the hit on xp than items/food tbh. At least I can feed the pets I have that way, though not to happy about missing out on xp but hey =(

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-28 02:36:38 — Link

Being kicked out from the first loss won't give you the XP from the mobs on this island too. The current system allows you to get the treasure chests easier: with kicking out you have only battle try with guardian (2 for the 2 explores), with energy loss you have 5.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-28 04:44:08 — Link

I like the new system. I'll actually try the gaurdiens first as opposed to leaving them until the end!

Great changes :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Sunset
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 04:55:57 — Link

Maybe this is just me, but the bosses/guardians for the chests seem to be giving out a lot more damage than before. They're constantly getting criticals on my guys now, which causes even the ones lower in level than me to win. It wasn't that hard with the previous system. Being new to the site, I can say that pretty easily.

Not too many of the creatures, without the hero breeding bonus deal, can fight through an island without a single loss. In short, that's one exploration per day for anyone who can't get on too often. Not to mention the loss of items, I'm on the same amount of time as previously yet I'm getting less from explore now.

This new system is... Well, I don't like it. At all. Less time taken to explore or not, the new system is, to me, horrid in compare to the older one.

• Rien
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 16:59:11 — Link

I've actually had many of my pets, even the low level or not so great ones sweep an islands including the guardans or only get one loss, which is simple to recover from just by waiting an hour.  

I'm kind of both ways on this.  The new exploring isn't bad and takes less time, but you do get less than you did from the old explore when you could explore more frequently.  No one is going to be totally happy wth any system, but I'm alright with this. 

Twitter: WilsonQueli

Amazon Author: Wilson Queli

Facebook: Wilson Queli

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 19:04:03 — Link

It's 2 instead of 5.

Try using some tactics please :)

That's my point: I expected you increased rewards considering we'd be able to pull off 2 explorations, but it's not really like that.

It's much more likely you'll only get the benefit on 1 exploration, whichever strategy you choose:

Either you take a single risk that'll cost 1 energy, and  your ENTIRE 2nd exploration, or do only the easy half of the exploration,  don't engage any dubious monsters, and get 2 half explorations(the second one has no buffer, remember!)

(Plus there's a big skew towards people who can log in often: Those who can't log in often can't just wait 1 hr if they have 4 points left, they'll be wasted.)

• Rolling-Bones
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 17:42:06 — Link

I agree that this update is really unfriendly to anyone who can only sign on once a day. I would really like for there to be some kind of cheap 'bandage' item so on workdays I don't need to choose between 1 search per monster with fewer chances of acquiring needed food or 2 searches per monster with gimped exp and no miniboss chests.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-30 05:39:45 — Link

Thats why the banadage would be useful. Personally I had no time to explore. Yesterday I explored with al my pets, and today I did quite a few. I love the new system. I get more XP, where as before I could only explore a bit with each pet (I felt like I was wasting what I didn't use). Now I can actually use that energy. Yes I hate loosing that one battle and having to wait (which usually I can't) which is why I support a bandage item. :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ravient
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-31 13:51:23 — Link

Hmm... To be quite honest, after a few days of trying out the new explore system, I must say it's not too... Well... Helpful.

Spending five energy points to explore is really quite taxing, that's literally half of the amount a pet has-- and the enemies on the maps have become considerably stronger... I swear my pets are loosing twice as often as they used to, even up against the weaker foes-- and loosing one energy point at  a loss of a battle after just spending 5 energy points... And with the likely hood of my pets winning a battle reduced quite a bit, I'd say that each my pets have only one chance of exploring the island every ten hours, seeing they enter the island with 5 energy points and loose at least three times, leaving the poor things with 2 more energy points left, unable to enter the island again... It's so fleeting, exploring, and it takes so long to wait to be able to explore again...  I don't know about you bros, but the original explore-system was a lot more fun to me.

Well... I can't be the only one that thinks this. It certainly hasn't felt like my pets are levelling up faster... Or maybe my pets just really suck, I kinda do suck at training stuff (Unless it's Pokemon, heheh...)

Anyway, sorry if I sounded nit-picky or mean, or something... But just sayin'! Juuuust sayin'... Besides, gotta observe stuff with an honest mind, right? Especially a beta site!

-Regards, Ravient.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-31 15:35:33 — Link

Ravient, this update shouldn't make levelling up faster or easier, it should only reduce the time which player spends in the game. We don't want any form of grind to be present in BeastKeeper. Actually our statistics is saying that the speed of levelling has significantly increased with this update, and it's too fast even for beta, so most likely we will have to reduce the amount of XP from battles with the next update.

Strength of monsters wasn't altered from the moment of beta launch, it's still 100% for guardians and 70% for normal monsters.

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla