Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #3

Boards

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 20:10:27 — Link

if you didnt notiice, golems take 0 coins and they return all resources spent  in a double amount, I dont see where the problem is with building them. 50/30 of wood/cotton/etc is not a such big amount and newbies do not need them instantly anyways, as for older players it shouldnt be a problem.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 22:50:54 — Link

I agree with needing announcements. It's easy to say 'Well you should be checking the news anyway!' but it's not a practical expectation.

I also agree with changing the explore requirement from 5 to 4. Not a big change, but it won't mean just losing once will condemn you pet to benchwarming for another hour or two.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 23:14:41 — Link

After a bit of playing I thing there's a problem with exploration gameplay not being consistent: basically the first one has a buffer, but if you manage to get a second exploration off, that's instant death.

Plus, if you have time to long onto the website only once a day, and you lose even one point, you can't explore twice, basically wasting half your potential points. Which paradoxically means it would be better if you just got thrown out!

Proposal: instead of using energy when fighting it could be a "three strikes you're out" thing, and nerf something else like xp gained.  

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 01:24:02 — Link

More complication vs less complication.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. 12 Energy removes the problem. So does one free loss. Neither of them takes away from the value of the golems. They just make the new system a lot less punishing.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-27 01:47:14 — Link

5 energy per island visit encourages to use some tactics in the explore.

There's another idea to give a pet this 1 safe battle loss without affecting the whole balance. We will add a healing craftable item (bandages for example) which will allow a pet to replenish 1 energy which was lost in battle, with possibility to use this healing item once on every island.

• Azkani
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 02:19:09 — Link

Just started a couple of days ago. I really liked that after 10 hours, I could explore 5 times, and I also liked that if I lost a battle, it kicked me off the island. Because when I explore, I pick up all the items I can get before battling. So if I lost it was no big deal, I'd go to the next island and pick up a couple of things.

This new 5 energy per island means I get to explore twice per pet in a 10 hour time frame. Not to be rude, but that seems a long time.

• Azkani
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 02:31:58 — Link

Oh nevermind, I see it does give you the opportunity to leave the island after losing a battle, although you lose energy. I like that, still not a fan of 5 per, but understandable.

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 04:28:53 — Link

Has anyone noticed... the new island generation technique has caused them to be faster! (The beast you control moves faster)

• fallenkitsune
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 05:11:34 — Link

@Angel What is considered a newbie? I've been playing on the site a total of 11 days and i liked the old system. The sudden shift to new system is jarring and frustrating.

Newbies get 5 additional untradeable energy potions from the tutorial to have some boost at the start with this update.

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 07:15:24 — Link

@fallenkitsune,

I am not Angel, but I m guessing that newbies are players who just created their account.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-27 17:57:12 — Link

fallenkitsune, newbies are players who didn't finish the tutorial before the update, Elviril is right. They have only 2 acive pets right after the tutorial and no means to get additional active pets, so they are getting a chance to do additional exploring or battles on their first day.

• krahe
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 19:41:36 — Link

I'm enjoying the new changes. I appreciate the bump in all the finds on the island and not to mention the XP. At first I was frustrated that I didn't get to explore as much but after exploring with a few pets I realized how much better the new system is. I'll find the paitence to let my pets rest so they can gather the energy to explore I find it worth the wait. :) 

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 20:48:15 — Link

@Angel - The bandage would be a great idea, thank you for considering it. That would help. It just can be a little frustrating to go after a monster at my level or lower and have it take away one energy and know I'll have to wait :P

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 21:44:36 — Link

@angel, too much micromanaging, like providing bandages, will once again make things overwhelming for people with too many pets. 

I'd love deeper complexity in explorations if we had some 10-20 pets, but with just one upgrade we can get 50 pets!

I still think that maybe giving an automatic free loss and then you're out, instead of using the rest of your energy, would be better.

What do you think about the consideration that people who only log in once pretty much get a single exploration per pet? You basically only get 1 exploration instead of 5, is this considered in the material output? Even if it is, I believe it is a bit unbalancing and frustrating that some people will get twice as many explorations off, just by an hour's difference.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-28 01:14:41 — Link

You basically only get 1 exploration instead of 5, is this considered in the material output?
It's 2 instead of 5. Not every pet should be able to kill all the monsters without losses, and not every pet is a successful explorer, this is normal. Try using some tactics please :) The resource amount is increased accordingly, you may have noticed this already while exploring or by reading the news post.

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla