Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Quests and Colors

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 17:20:54 — Link

Quite a few people seem to be breeding for, and collecting, colors.
I was thinking it would be nice if quests could request pets based on color too.

Now, I do not think they should be super specific, like a certain color, certain stats, and certain genes, this suggestion is meant to add opportunity rather than limit it by making quests just impossible to fulfill.

But simple and fairly broad things like "Whoever is looking for a white pet for a solemn ceremony" or "An Artist is looking for a bird with owl markings."

A good example of a mid-level color quest, in my mind, would be "Counter-espionage Service is looking for a Puma with a black coat" and it would take any puma with the black gene.

I don't want it to make people feel like they need to keep every species in every color, that's just nuts, so I want to keep it fairly open.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 17:23:26 — Link

I support. I think general color requests would be easily done by the majority of folks. :)

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 18:45:31 — Link

Support! I thought of this myself, I think it'd be a good idea. x3

#33507 on Aywas

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 18:52:56 — Link

Support. Sounds like fun and adds variety.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 18:55:54 — Link

I support this idea

• Rien
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 11:48:23 — Link

I'm torn.  I already miss out on half my quests pretty much every day either because I don't have a gryphon/dragon or because thye are asking for genetic power.  As I'm intending to keep a very small number of pets and am focusing and quality but not necessarily color, I feel like this would simply increase the probability of someone who doesn't keep a large stable of colors having issues completing quests.  At

At the same time, I think it is an interesting way to expand quest selection and is in line/makes sense with the general idea of quests so far.

Twitter: WilsonQueli

Amazon Author: Wilson Queli

Facebook: Wilson Queli

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 12:35:03 — Link

Personally I don't support this at all because I don't breed for colors, I breed for power/abilities. I'm starting to slowly finally get a handle on all of the abilities the quests ask for (but am still missing a large number) so adding color or marking combinations would just add to the list of pets I need to breed (not even mentioning the fact that I wouldn't be even using these pets to explore if they were just based on color).

• Westly

Posted at 2013-03-19 13:22:25 — Link

I breed for colors, not powers, so I also miss out on a lot of the quests and things like that, because of how I choose to breed.  I think it's just the nature of the beasts! 

Support!

My Webcomic!

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 14:42:46 — Link

I support. There's a thread on General Chat filled with nice people who loan out their pets for quests, so that would make it easier. The people who breed for color have a hard time filling in quests for pets with abilities, the color quests would give them a boost.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 20:32:57 — Link

I don't breed for color either, couldn't care less as long as the genes are good, but I do feel people who do should have something. If I did breed for color I would probably be discouraged by all the quests requiring genes, so I feel it's fair as long as the requirements aren't insanely specific.

The great thing about games like this is there really isn't a wrong way to play them (without breaking the rules anyway) if you are enjoying your time spent here.

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 21:40:36 — Link

I support, because some quests based on color would be incorporated into both people who colllect colors and people who breed for powers playing styles.

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 21:54:01 — Link

I support.  Although I don't breed for specific colors, I like to have pets with different colors.  I think it would be fun to have more variation in quest types.

• sunandshadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 07:47:33 — Link

Yeah these could be fun quests - "Beauty Salon wants a white pet for dye practice."  "Black pet needed for a Halloween party."  "Hunter wants a brown/bay/green pet for camouflage.  "Sports team wants a blue/red pet as a mascot."

• Nimarkiva
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 19:19:33 — Link

Support. I don't breed for color, but I've got a lot of different colors. It'd open potential for quests that I don't have when it wants certain genetics that as a new player I just don't have. I mean, I missed out on 4 of my 5 potential quests for the day because of genetic requirements. If you had an equal chance of getting color quests, a lot more new players like myself would be able to do more.

Looking to buy Cactus Melons. If you're selling or trading any, please message me, I'd love to work something out.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 19:45:05 — Link

*support* 

it would be nice to add more variety to the quests, and since some quests already look for certain genetics, i don't think it would be hard to code either

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla