Boards < General < Help < Stat and Trait Mechanic Questions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 07:17:23 — Link

I have a few questions, here and I hope I didn't just miss something.

I'm new to beast keepers and so, per my OCD, am trying to come up with an "ideal" genetic goal to breed towards. A good deal of the traits seem to be a tossup in terms of min-maxing for combat effectiveness, at least from where I'm sitting, which makes it incredibly tantalizing and exciting as to which traits to choose. Bravo on that!

But anyways, I had a question come up when itemizing for a counterattack build as to whether or not the agility statistic affected dodge or not. I try mousing over the stats on the character sheet, checking if there's any explanation in the diet tooltips, checked the FAQ, so on and so forth. And I can't seem to find any information on it unless I just pulled a derp and missed it.

Something I'm also curious about is how the proc from traits like poisonous teeth/claws/hide work. It lasts 1d4 turns and hits for 50% hp, but I have two questions concerning this - one being if the poisonous effect stacks, making multiple poison proc traits viable and the second being if by 50% hp that means 50% of MAX hp....which...truth be told, would seem downright hellish >.>

Thirdly, is there a way we can review the information presented in the tutorial? Because it seems like aside from that first run through where you had a ton of information to absorb all at once there's no way I've found to brush up on it unless, again, I just derped and missed it.

Thanks in advance ~ Zenith

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Erislyn
  • Golden Dragon Historian

Posted at 2013-03-15 23:01:21 — Link

Maybe the FAQ can help you with your tutorial questions. In the mean time, I will bring it up with the rest of the staff about creating a forum version of the tutorial for review.

http://beastkeeper.com/faq

{ Art Wanted } || { Contact Me } || { Guide Requests }

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-16 04:20:57 — Link

Zenith, Agility do affect Dodge. This question is added to FAQ already (question 5 of the first section), Erislyn is right here :)

The poison doesn't stack. 50% HP means the 50% of the actual HP, not the 50% of max HP. The posion itself can't kill an opponent even if he has only 2 HP left. It would be an overpower if it worked the other way :)

All of the tutorial information is supposed to be in FAQ and tooltips. However if you will have any questions, feel free to ask - maybe we missed some part of info and it wasn't placed anywhere.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla