Boards < Advertising < Wanted Ads < { Art Wanted } Golden Dragon

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Erislyn
  • Golden Dragon Historian

Posted at 2013-03-28 17:03:57 — Link

Well guys, I'm finally working on a profile for my page, and I am looking for a very specific piece of artwork and after seeing so many great entries for the Golems, I figured I would post for interest.

Since I just became the staff writer I am hoping to go along the theme of Golden Dragon Historian/Writer which means the image should have a gold dragon in some sort of writing/reading/storytelling/knowledgable/ancient/all-knowing depiction. My dragon also has light blue eyes, four legs, fangs, wings etc. I also have a particular fondness for dragons hoards of gold... if you wanted to include her on top of a pile of treasure :P

You can use pretty much any pose, leaving this up to creative artistic liberty, and you are more than welcome to ask me as you are going if anything needs changed.

I am willing to pay a reasonable amount of Silver for this, and might be able to request that some gold be sent you way when I have some again however - for the gold, the dragon must be incredible. I can also offer breedings to any of my pets if you are interested in them as well. Varis is particularly nice, as I have mutagen'd him to some awesome stats.

If you are interested, please say so! We can work out details as well - I would love to see examples!

{ Art Wanted } || { Contact Me } || { Guide Requests }

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 23:02:32 — Link

PM'd you, Erislyn.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Erislyn

Posted at 2013-03-29 06:44:36 — Link

Apologies for not getting back to you soon Beastlord Zenith. I woud like to clear some things up based on your message, and will start in the order they were presented to me: 

1.) While my dragon sounds like it's 'western' it is actually based on the Dragon Riders of Pern series, with a few adjustments. I will provide you with a few links, most importantly the size chart, that will help clear up what she looks like. The first link is the size chart for Gold dragons, and the second will be a basic anatomy of Pernese Dragons based on facts from the series. (If you are familiar with the series, she's based on the Golds, obviously.)
** http://kaiserflames.deviantart.com/art/Pern-Dragon-Size-Chart-133868492
** http://kaiserflames.deviantart.com/art/The-Pernese-Dragon-67181497

2.) Regarding her 'lines' I would like to keep the anatomy as close to the Pernese Dragons as possible, since that is what she is based on, while incorporating my own flairs that I added on to her... 

3.) ... extending on this, her fangs are saber-like, and only the top to are larger. I will provide a reference to the tooth shape.
** http://tomahachi12.deviantart.com/art/9-oc-Snake-Beast-149027822 (Please note, this is for tooth shape only.) 

4.) Pernese Dragons have a skin-like body, and are smooth. My female is a bit stand-offish, and kind, but it wouldn;t hurt to have a look of fierceness to her as well. That being said, however an artist would like to make her look her job is fine - within the confines of the dragons anatomy. I will note that Im particularly fond of feather pens and scrolls - if that helps. 

5.) Larger size is better, as I can resize to fit my needs, and a high res is also lovely as it makes work look very nice. Landscape would also be preferred - unless the pose chosen looked better in portrait - so it really depends on how the individual artist chose to depict her. 

6.) About detailing... I prefer the realism style over that of cartoony and certainly don't expect anything near my signature - as that was a USD commission, and her design has since changed. 

Please note that, save the references in the first two links, any artwork that is referenced is copywrite to their original owners and should not be traced. The provided size/anatomy reference is based on facts from the book - and while the work is not free-use - the information provided, and general shape of the dragons IS. 

• Erislyn

Posted at 2013-04-03 22:12:05 — Link

Any interest?

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 03:15:48 — Link

No disrespect intended, but I thought bumping was against the rules.. ?

• Erislyn

Posted at 2013-04-05 06:52:42 — Link

Excessive bumping when it's already on the first page and has had activity is - however, the last post was March 29, and my bump was on April 3rd when it was on the third page.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 08:24:08 — Link

Ah, that should probably be clarified in the Forum Rules thread, as it literally just says 'bumping is spam'.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-04-13 17:43:54 — Link

I'll clarify this if you didn't clarify yet Ery.

I'm interested in what you're asking for, but how much would you pay for it? I would draw that dragon for you, and if you don't like it, you just don't pay it ;)

So you're guaranteed to be 100% satisfied with it.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-05-13 14:39:38 — Link

Hmm? Are you still seeking someone to do it?

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Erislyn

Posted at 2013-05-13 16:38:27 — Link

Oh I'm sorry I didn't notice there were replies - I'm still looking, and currently have 10 gold to my name which I could request be transferred to you

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla