Boards < Community < Groups < The Eight By Eight Club : Fair Play Breeders Group

Boards

• ChrisWebb
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-13 03:26:16 — Link

SierraMcCloud83 (#100281) wrote:

Great concept, can 't super participate but will do as much as I have time for.

Welcome,

Let me know if you need any more assistance!

• TeddyCole77
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-16 02:13:25 — Link

I tnotcie every uses 8s, I think I'll use a sysmbol *** to designate my cleanperfect stock.

• JamieDouglas90
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-16 03:03:35 — Link

TeddyCole77 (#100277) wrote:

I tnotcie every uses 8s, I think I'll use a sysmbol *** to designate my cleanperfect stock.

Yeah I use various 8s thta I've seen the rest of the club use, but a personal symbbol is good to set your brrod apart, you can always put what it means in the pet's profile tab.

• SierraMcCloud83
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-18 11:53:07 — Link

TeddyCole77 (#100277) wrote:

I decided that was a good idea, chose this as my perfect designation./*\. sort of like a perfect crown.

• BellaMarsha
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-20 19:20:04 — Link

Everyone still doing the Poubd clean up project? adopt, fight till ready, then State Portal, get some of all that RED gone..lol

• RhiannonDaxx
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-20 19:56:57 — Link

BellaMarsha (#30635) wrote:

Everyone still doing the Poubd clean up project? adopt, fight till ready, then State Portal, get some of all that RED gone..lol

Yeah, I'm gonna start naming the ones I do send of mine to the pound though, since they have good genes and no red. At least I won't contribute to the "Nameless reds"..Maybe no red, or good genes or something in the name to indentfy them as descent for breeding. 

• Russaria
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-21 12:35:36 — Link

Good idea, I'll start putting some kind of designation on the ones I send to pound indicating no red/bad genes at least, maybe also the GP as well. Anyone who explores should be able to have some amnesia potions to rename if they wish. But this way they don't get some random bad red beast and at least know what they are getting sort of.

• ChrisWebb
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-23 00:27:06 — Link

To bad there isn't a way to find the oldest pets, like to get ahold of one (with no red genes of course lol) from when the game first began, like 2013ish or under.

• DeclanBraith
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-23 03:02:55 — Link

That would be cool, I guess you just have to get use to pay attention to birthdates , especially from the pound and just keep an eye out.

On another note, have you guys noticed the horrid deviants in the markets? I mean you look through them and they're just ghenetically horrible. Full of red genes and normal genes, and yet their prices are like 300K-500K who would buy that and why..lol 

I am the New Born Beastmaster

• Tiger_Claw
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-23 03:17:23 — Link

fr! no one is going to pay 500k for a double dev, i'd rather just breed my own, even if it takes a while

there needs to be more...diversity in pet trades. it's mostly those pretty-but-useless double deviants and basic pets with no GP. i would sell some of my pets but I don't have enough to spare :(

Chaos is the game and we must play to win.

• JamieDouglas90
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-23 16:00:01 — Link

Tiger_Claw (#85007) wrote:

fr! no one is going to pay 500k for a double dev, i'd rather just breed my own, even if it takes a while

there needs to be more...diversity in pet trades. it's mostly those pretty-but-useless double deviants and basic pets with no GP. i would sell some of my pets but I don't have enough to spare :(

Agree with that. They are very pretty but those prices are kind of laughable since they are useless for anything else in the game with those genes. IMO

• Russaria
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-23 16:08:50 — Link

DeclanBraith (#99880) wrote:

That would be cool, I guess you just have to get use to pay attention to birthdates , especially from the pound and just keep an eye out.

On another note, have you guys noticed the horrid deviants in the markets? I mean you look through them and they're just ghenetically horrible. Full of red genes and normal genes, and yet their prices are like 300K-500K who would buy that and why..lol 

Well I'm sure if anyone's been around "Breeding or genetics games" they've heard of "Adoptables" games. Persoanlly I can't stand those games and play none aside from perhaps Dragon Cave..lol. So there are people who come here and basically just use this as an adoptables game. Truth is, that is why you will not see any hoppers or Kami or any of that stuff in my stables, as I have zero interest in adotpables which is all they are. They are virtually useless. Can't breed them, can't improve them, cannot use magic foods on them, cannot even RENAME THEM,...lol Sure you can explore with them with mediocre results for your time (Since they are gp 0 they can't access most of the bonus buidlings on the islands), yes yoiu can arena and battlefield them (to your waste of time as far "Winning" very often. lol)

So I too have balked at those prices of the deviants in the market if not laughed out loud. Not because they aren't beautiful, but because they are reduced to just an adoptable due to the horrible genes they carry. So to answer the question simply, those people are just using the site for the most part as an adoptables game and not much else, at least with those pets.  

I agree there needs to be some pets bred for diversity in the market, but then they sit there taking space 'cause not many are here as of right now, although I think we have brought some new blood around lately.

Another irritating thing is mislabeling pets , i noticed when chosing breeding partners that a lot of them mislabled as "Perfect beings" and in groups like "Perfect supremes" and whatever until you LOOK at them, and boom you see normal bones or a couple normal genes carried and sometimes even a bad one. And I'm like "That's perfect?" LOL

• Tiger_Claw
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-23 17:30:55 — Link

Russaria (#5966) wrote:

Another irritating thing is mislabeling pets , i noticed when chosing breeding partners that a lot of them mislabled as "Perfect beings" and in groups like "Perfect supremes" and whatever until you LOOK at them, and boom you see normal bones or a couple normal genes carried and sometimes even a bad one. And I'm like "That's perfect?" LOL

ig not a lot of people have the patience to "perfect " their pets, they'll just breed one that's "close enough" for them and just label them.

ofc, i'm still glad they're on the breeding offers, they do give people a decent start to their projects. 

my project progress is kinda slow rn, theres not a lot of diversity in certain breeds, like pumas and symurghs, and it's a little frustrating

• DeclanBraith
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-24 20:11:08 — Link

Tiger_Claw (#85007) wrote:
Russaria (#5966) wrote:

ig not a lot of people have the patience or will to "perfect " their pets, they'll just breed one that's "close enough" for them and just label them.

ofc, i'm still glad they're on the breeding offers, they do give people a decent start to their projects. 

my project progress is kinda slow rn, theres not a lot of diversity in certain breeds, like pumas and symurghs, and it's a little frustrating

Breeding diversity is especially limited in certain combos and set ups. Almsot all on the market are tactic based setups lioke Agile/Quckmind. Where the other genes are concerned there's near zero diversity in gene-setups. Genels like Diamond Horn, Massive wings, Massive Hooves, Double Incisors and pretty much every other stat increasing "Fight" gene is pretty abscent in total. And when you do find onew it's paired with a whole bunch of normal or bad genes. It can be pretty frustrating IF you want a setup that isn't the "Tactic" setup for each species.

PS : Most ironic about that situation is that up until recently, no one but 2 people have actually been able to USE the battlefields for years. Yet all the pets are tactic based gene maps. You'd have thought those left would have breed some good arena fighting line setups as they certainly weren't able to use the battlefields LOL.

I am the New Born Beastmaster

• Tiger_Claw
  • User

Posted at 2024-06-24 23:27:33 — Link

that's the truest statement i've ever heard LMAO

almost everyone has a lykos with ice aura, but ice spikes are impossible to get, even the few people that do have one haven't logged in for years

arena might be even more challenging than the battlefield tho. you can scrape by with a lykos with only ice aura and blizzard on the battlefield, but in the arena if u have a single normal or bad gene it could tank ur pet..

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla