Boards < General < Creative < Community Apparel/Skin Thread

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 | Next »

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 20:53:59 — Link

Hello, to all the artists and users of custom skins and apparel! I saw Marans say they wanted a thread for both artists and regular users to request skins or apparel, or just discuss them in general so here we are :)

To start it off: Anyone have thoughts on apparel other than armor? I was thinking like ribbons and bells, that sort of thing. Maybe some magic effects? Anyone got any ideas? 

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 21:38:51 — Link

Maybe like pixie dust, sparkles XD 

Oh and fire ribbons would look cool :D

Im FireAuraDragon, I changed my name for personal reasons :)

Slayer of the Auras and Queen of the Land of Phoenix

Alexas Writing Contest! (Giving Out Prizes)

Also a Deviant and GP3 Breeder!

The Fire Market- Custom Deviant Breeding!

On To The Pet Shows!

The Current Show Is A Deviant Gryphon Show!

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 21:49:55 — Link

Wizardy robes! Those are always amazing. Covered in stars or pretty metallic embroidery, almost like kimonos. :D

And... flowers? Antlers made of vines, or wings made of big leaves? Butterflies?

Markings/tattoos made of fire or stars or other glowy stuff. Like tiger stripes, rainbow leopard spots, butterfly wing patterns.

Also, Angel said it's OK to share bases for others to colour. So this seems like a good place to share them :)

Here are a couple of shaded PNGs if anyone wants to edit/add colour and submit. I don't care if you credit me in any way or not. Just colour them nicely so they'll look good on our beasts.

Arabian-style tack, that was suggested by Monues earlier.

Wings, left offset is about -129, top 17

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 02:02:55 — Link

I wonder if the wings are able to be mixed and matched wit other apparel? Hmm. Especially if it's armor or any other sort of decoration.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 05:06:00 — Link

You already have full arabian garb made and shaded overnight oh wow marans.
I will definitely make a magpie version of your wings though oh my I love them!
I had thought about making full wings but thought it would have similar strict rulings as custom skins, turns out it doesnt! Hippogrpyoh bums got accepted and they're just so amusing. 

So far I have plans for western tack (half done), piebald pattern overlays (just puma done), some colored covers for unicorn's horns..and maybe more visual genetics things. Maybe also different manes and tails or marwari ears, eye variations, small silly things. Have some okay folded dragon wings though not sure that would be to anyone's interest? 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 07:59:37 — Link

On the more gruesome side, I've starting sketching some cybernetic enhancements for lykos, so you can slowly strip away the organic flesh of your beloved beast until it's almost completely mechanical. 

I'm planning some more for lykos, the puppies need some wearables too, and the symurgh. I liked the festive outfits, I might do something inspired by them.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 17:30:13 — Link

Those cyborg doggies sound kinda scary D:

Ooh, piebald overlays. How about sabino? Or whatever it's called that Clydesdales have. White legs (with luxurious feathering) and it extends up to the belly. Oh, and splash... and appaloosa spots in various colours, rainbow... pangare (light underbelly)... dark points... roan... dapples! ... these could work for all species.

edit: for birds, chicken-style feather lacing, mottling and possibly barring. The latter is very fiddly though.

Qilin's branched horn, to replace the normal unicorn horn. Colourful Qilin scales for the neck and back.

... here's another greyscale, harness with dangly bits.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 18:50:56 — Link

Yeap looking at that fabric i'm glad to not have tried anything like it lol.

Here is, however, the finished western tack with the red saddle pad displayed on one of my custom skins made for apparel. Much better with leather!

Bridle, bag, two pad variations, and saddle will all be seperatable to mix and match with other people's tacks.  

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 20:06:31 — Link

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 20:07:26 — Link

Are you up for more tack rendering, guyz?

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 21:35:10 — Link

Niiice. Can just see a cowboy-mage riding that paint unicorn through the wild west.

Very stylish tack, arete, but someone else can try it xD

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 21:47:26 — Link

More tack ideas, if anyone's feeling adventurous. Barding, caparisons and driving stuff.

Love the last one, so fancy...

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-04 22:24:52 — Link

Ooooh (I wish I had a drawing tablet now)

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-05 07:49:44 — Link

(I've been using a mouse you dun need no stinky tablet!)

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-05 19:49:37 — Link

Mmmph.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla