Boards < General < Player Guides < Apparel 101

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-01-07 21:24:01 — Link

Want to craft those sweet custom apparel, or the ones already available, but you have no clue where to get the stuff needed?

Well, look no further than this guide! I shall tell you all what materials drop where, or how to make them.

Buildings:

You'll need the following to craft apparel:

-Laboratory (Level 3)

-Tack Workshop (Level 1 or 2)

Tack Workshop:

Once you've built a Tack Workshop, it will give you a list of the official apparel. You can switch the filters to Basic, or the official apparel, Custom, or the player submitted apparel, Own, your own submitted apparel, or All, which is... well, all of the above.

Level 2 of the Workshop will simply give you access to more of the official apparel. You do not need the Workshop to access the custom apparel!

To reach the Tack Workshop, hover over the Manor tab. Click the Tack Workshop dropdown to go there.

Lab (lvl 3):

Laboratory Level 3 is where you craft the alloys. If you go to Custom apparel, you'll notice I've submitted a lot of Symurgh armor, but you have no way of crafting any of them besides Cobalt armor because they require pigments and other alloys such as brass. To get these, you'll need the current highest level Lab.

To reach Laboratory, hover over the Manor tab. Click the Laboratory dropdown to go there.

Craftable Dyes and Alloys:

-Red Dye (150 Vermillion)

-White Dye (50 Quartz)

-Metallic Dye (100 Shell)

-Green Dye (50 Hops)

-Blue Dye (50 Lazulite)

-Black Dye (100 Cuttlefish Ink)

-Bleach (50 Soapshroom)

-Brass (50 Ore, 10 Zinc)

Crafting alloys/dyes and apparel do return a bonus for Worker Throdoma or Artisan-dominant dragons! Zinc especially is very expensive, and some materials are extremely rare (or you do not have as much as you'd like). Be sure to take advantage of the Artisan bonus (up to 20% of materials back)

Monster Drops:

In Explore, you'll need to fight wild monsters to get a chance at the materials for crafting apparel.

>Living Wood and Black Oil* drops from Umdhlebi (Volcano, Savannah)

(*Black Oil only drops from Volcano Umdhlebi.)

>Fire-forged Scale drops from Salamanders (Volcano, Grassland, Savannah)

>Plain Feather drops from Cinammon Birds (Volcano)

>Wing Membrane drops from Ahools http://beastkeeper.com/resources/island/ahool_monster.png(Jungle)

>Leather drops from Hoppers (Grasslands)

>Crocotta Fur drops from Crocottas (Savannah)

>Elegant Feather drops from tropical Quezal (Jungle)

>Chitin drops from Cryptomorph (Desert)

>Bones drop from any monster with a skeleton EXCEPT Forest Beast (Grassland)

>White Feather drops from Cygnon (Grassland)

Things to note:

-Bones in my experience are most frequently dropped by Akhlut (Tundra) however Angel has stated their drop rates are equal for all monsters. 

-Both Guardians and regular monsters drop items! 

-Drop rates for these monsters are quite low, about 1 in every 5-10 monsters. 1 item per monster, even for Harvester throdoma. 

-Using a Song of Peace on a monster will not drop any items. 

Item Drops: 

>Sapphires found on Desert, Volcano, Guardian Chests

>Emeralds founds on Jungle, Volcano, Guardian Chests

>Topaz found on Desert, Volcano, Guardian Chests

Biogas Bubble found on Volcano, Guardian Chests

>Zinc found on Volcano (Lava Crystal drop)

State Store:

The prices of items here wildly fluctuates as time passes. Sometimes they'll be in stock, and sometimes they won't. 

>Zinc (60,000 - 25,000 silver)

>Alchemy Folio (90,000 - 30,000 silver)

>Ominous Horn (90,000 - 40,000 silver)

>Green Salt (80,000 - 20,000 silver)

Creating Custom Apparel Tips

For aspiring artists wishing to submit apparel, you may have already noticed that there are directions on the 'Submit a Custom Apparel' page. However I'll provide a few quick tips.

-Custom apparel can be more than the standard 350x350 px. However you will need to enter a pixel offset. 

-For apparel that don't need offsets, I advise downloading one of the standard bases in PNG form, and simply drawing the apparel over it. Then, you can delete/hide the base layer.

-Make sure to save apparel in transparent png form! This way it will show the pet underneath.

-Masks are simply black and transparent or black and white png's. Make sure the mask is the same size as the apparel. The black areas will show up, and the white and transparent will not.

Creating Custom Background Tips:

-Make sure that the background will fit all pets! Try it on every single official base to see if the pets are centered correctly. I realized that one of my backgrounds looks awkward on Cockatrice but looks fine on everyting else, so that's my oopsie.

-You do NOT need to use the px size given in the Submit Apparel page, but you DO need to use one of the same ratio (e.g. multiplying length and width by 1.5)

-I would advise drawing a shadow where the pet will stand, especially since the standard bases' shadows are often not enough. Certain backgrounds with extremely harsh or strange lighting should have shadows that adjust accordingly. You cannot put a filter over the pet itself but try to make do.

While your apparel is pending, the admins choose materials for it to be crafted. You do not choose the materials, but you can change the price.

Equipping Apparel

Hooray! You've bought your first apparel, and after what seems like a decade, it's finally finished crafting. But now you don't know how to put it on your favorite Unicorn, or perhaps a beautiful Roc. 

Thankfully, it's simple. Take a look at my lovely Point-Blank here:

First, click the profile of the pet you want to equip (in my case, my lovely Lykos). Then, look for a tab called "Wardrobe". 

This is Point-Blank's Wardrobe. The apparels available are here under "Apparels", and the backgrounds under "BGs". Note that once you equip an apparel on to a pet, you can't re-equip it to another pet. That apparel is now bound to that specific pet. You can find the apparels bound to a pet under "Own."

To equip an apparel, simply click it and it will move over to the right side.

You may notice Point-Blank's apparels have some strange symbols on them. What do they mean? 

-The up and down arrows allow you to put apparel over or under each other visually.

-The two overlapping squares allow you to put the apparel in front or behind your pet's image.

There's also another button, seen in my beautiful Fragile Greed's wardrobe:

This circle-in-square symbol is used to hide a mask, which simply hides parts of your pet that may interfere with the apparel's aesthetic. You can turn it on and off by clicking the symbol.

Don't forget to press "Update Equipment" when you're all done so it saves!

Easy, right?

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

• Roheryn
  • User

Posted at 2020-01-18 01:29:38 — Link

This is helpful, thank you :)

I just picked up a Sapphire from the Volcano Island, just have to find an Emerald now!

• Roheryn
  • User

Posted at 2020-01-18 10:46:47 — Link

Found a Sapphire in the Desert and an Emerald in the Jungle.

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-01-20 22:12:52 — Link

Thank you, the guide has been updated. I'll still need the sprite though, just have to find one myself I guess.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-30 17:21:42 — Link

Is it possible to get zinc anyywhere on Explore? Someone told me from Lava Crystals but I'm not having any luck.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-31 05:13:13 — Link

Haven't checked yet, if anybody finds it please let me know so I can update this guide.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-31 05:54:09 — Link

It does actually drop from the Lava Crystal building of the Volcano biome. Though it's an uncommon-rare chance it can give a good chunk of zinc.  

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-31 10:03:35 — Link

Updated with zinc drops and a couple "new" materials

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-31 14:17:42 — Link

*thumbs up*

If Only I could get more than three living wood XD

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-06-16 22:05:44 — Link

Where do you get biogas?? And there's a lot of new materials so I should update this guide soon. 

I already have 

-black oil

-green salt

**EDIT: found myself some biogas. Will update guide right now.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-06-17 14:09:15 — Link

Black oil drops when you kill a plant monster on Volcano, I think.

• Tiger_Claw
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-03 02:10:47 — Link

You can find the salamanders in grassland too. 

Come check out my profile!

• OneWingedEmo
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-27 06:48:08 — Link

Oof I had to destroy so many black oils, scales, feathers, leather and biogas bubbles because I only have 30 slots in my inventory. Are they worth more than common items? I am a new player so I don't have the tacks workshop and can't really use them anyways. Also, what are emeralds, amethysts, etc used for (the jewels)? Thanks!

Graduated from being an apprentice flying animal breeder! I have perfect breeding lines for all except pumas (looking for the female). My main passion is the white diluted roc (I have pages of them). Join my Roc Breeding Group! Special trades here: Roc Requests

Looking for:

EXPAND STABLE SCROLLS!

- Mercenary License

- Rainbow Jars

- Crystalline Ice

- Deviants

- Vermillion

I trade with perfect double homozygous pets, deviants, apparel, backgrounds, potions, magic food, and silver!

Special thank you to those who have helped the newbie me: Sicy, Starblazer, Lorry14NightswanSerialkillerXO, Firehawk, RushingRiver, Canamdragon, MissAkito, Cute but Psycho, Foxxclaw, Sakreeno, LadyNesryn, Monues, Crazeybonez, arete, NightbaneWolf! 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-27 14:57:58 — Link

Nooo don't destroy them!! I'll buy them or exchange for building materials if you'd like.

Amethysts are for building/ emeralds are for apparel.

• OneWingedEmo
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-29 09:32:24 — Link

Hey arete! I wish I had seen this sooner! What materials do you need? I have destroyed tens of them already, but still have some saved up. I can trade for silver, materials (preferably wood) and vermillion. Thanks!

Graduated from being an apprentice flying animal breeder! I have perfect breeding lines for all except pumas (looking for the female). My main passion is the white diluted roc (I have pages of them). Join my Roc Breeding Group! Special trades here: Roc Requests

Looking for:

EXPAND STABLE SCROLLS!

- Mercenary License

- Rainbow Jars

- Crystalline Ice

- Deviants

- Vermillion

I trade with perfect double homozygous pets, deviants, apparel, backgrounds, potions, magic food, and silver!

Special thank you to those who have helped the newbie me: Sicy, Starblazer, Lorry14NightswanSerialkillerXO, Firehawk, RushingRiver, Canamdragon, MissAkito, Cute but Psycho, Foxxclaw, Sakreeno, LadyNesryn, Monues, Crazeybonez, arete, NightbaneWolf! 

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla