Boards < General < Player Guides < Breeding for the Inexperienced

Boards

Poll: Was this helpful (mostly asking newbies)

Yes (newbie option)

21 votes / 54%
??? So confusing! (newbie option)

6 votes / 15%
I already knew all this (newbie option)

3 votes / 8%
Everyone knows this, even newbies!

2 votes / 5%
This would've been helpful when I was a newbie

0 votes / 0%
Wow! This answers questions I used to have!

2 votes / 5%
Ehhh.... so confusing, even for non-newbies

5 votes / 13%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• qerrat
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-13 09:05:04 — Link

Hi! I'm getting into breeding, and I wanted to share a bit of easy peasy knowedge. You experienced players out there! Don't pick newbie options in poll! Those are for newbies only! Anyways, I'll go from REALLY REALLY BASIC to a little more information.

HOW TO BREED PETS: (told you I would start out easy)

If you have both a female and male the right age, go to the FEMALE'S profile page. There will pe options you can do on the right of the screen. Click the breed button. It will pring you to a page. On the top, will be males you can breed with. Scroll down and there will be breeding offers, but I will get into that in a bit. Click the male's name that you want to breed with. It will show you that pet's stats and profile and everything. Scroll all the way down to confirm. In 24 hours your bab(ies???!!! you (probably not) might have twins!)y will be born.

If you have only one female and want to breed it, hover your mouse over the trading tab, and select the breeding offers. You may only do this with females. You will see lots of males. You will see a small search bar near the top of the page. to the right of it will be a green square with a plus sign. Click it to do a full search. You can search gender, species, ressesive or dominant genes, even Characteristics! Puch the search button when you're done, and it will look for it. If you make it too specific then it might not find results. If you don't take some things off your search. If you do, check the price and make sure you can afford it, then click the name of the pet.  It will show you that pet's stats and profile and everything. Scroll all the way down to confirm. In 24 hours your bab(ies???!!! you (probably not) might have twins!)y will be born.

If you have one male and want to breed it but don't have a female, you can PLACE it in breeding offers. Know that YOU won't keep the baby. Your bab(ies???!!! you (probably not) might have twins!)y will automaticly be born with the female. This is just a way to gain money. Anyways, this is HOW. Hover your mouse over the trading tab, and select the breeding offers. You may only do this with males. Select the 'make breeding offer' button and select the male you want to make an offer with, and select a price. The better your pet is (deviant, lots of green, heritage, etc), the more it should cost.

BREEDING PETS WITH LOTS OF GREEN:

Well, these techniques only IMPROVE your chances, it's not actually guarenteed.

Take this example: I have a female and male Unicorn. The male has 60 intelligence (green), with 20 strength (red). The female has 70 intelligence (green) and 30 strength (red). If I breed them, it is HIGHLY likely that their pet will have GREEN intelligence, but RED Strength. Yeah, it's probably pretty obvious, but imagine this: what if the female had 52 strength (green) and the MALE had 20 (red)? You figure out which goes up/down more. If it's not red or green, you can't do this. Hover over the number and it will tell you how much it goes up/down. If let's say, one goes down 11 and one goes up 9, the MOST likely outcome will be Red, -3.

I will add more, but I'm a little busy, so I need to go. See you!

Giving away lots of pets (check out my thread! https://beastkeeper.com/thread/11596).

Deviants, pets with lots of green, and pets with stars (heritage) are always welcome in my stables.

If there is a pet in one of my unwanted tabs you want, feel free to ask for one! (https://beastkeeper.com/pets/94633/1 https://beastkeeper.com/pets/94676/1) Might have different prices, but asking is the way to start!

Always looking for Rainbow jars and Vermillion (and at the moment, Ore and Quartz if you wanna offer me some)!

Psssst. Hey you! Do you like to draw? Here is a thread where you can draw and possibly win a devaint with star heritage. What do you say? https://beastkeeper.com/thread/11626

I know if you found this you must be very bright. Not all who see can discover. There is no clue on if this is there, yet you noticed it. The first riddle:

Two girls ate dinner together                                

They both ordered Ice tea                                    

One girl drank it down very fast                             

and had finished five in the time                            

it took the other girl to drink one                          

They girl who drank one died, while the other lived.         

All ice teas were poisoned.                                  

How did the girl who drank five survive?                                        

If you dare answer and dive deeper, into mysteries, message me. I will be waiting.       

w     Qerrat       w      

Scroll down for cute cats!

Image result for cats

Image result for cats

Image result for cats

Image result for cats

Image result for cats

Image result for cats

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-13 14:31:40 — Link

Your red or green stat is based on the dominant gene for that stat.

Let's take Constitution. Say that the mother has a red stat and a low figure. You research the gene and find she has light bones.

The father on the other hand has Lionheart. This gives a green stat and boosts Constitution by 50%.

So when they breed you are very fortunate in that the baby inherits the Lionheart gene and you get a strong stat.

Needless to say breeding for good genes first is VERY important. Unless you're just after appearance or deviancy.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• DC1525
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-15 20:56:20 — Link

I understand the red vs green on the gene stats, but in the genetics tab some of the genes are green while others are pale gray. What is the difference there? 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-15 21:28:33 — Link

Each gene has a power, for example Animal Instinct has 90.

Now, of the two genes, the green is dominant and the grey is recessive. Which one is dominant depends on its genetic power.

If the beast has Animal Instinct (90) and Acute Eyesight (40), then the higher numbered one will be dominant, i.e. Animal Instinct.

Hope this helps.

• DC1525
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-15 22:14:43 — Link

Yes, that helped a ton. And explained why my pet with Deaf could not do the quest that required it (in gray). Thank you!

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-15 23:40:32 — Link

Yeah, for quests it has to be dominant.

And when coat colours are specified they can't be deviant.

Or, if the pet has the right coat colour but is wearing a custom skin, it won't show up.

• DC1525
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-26 06:45:27 — Link

Another breeding question from me...

Is it better to wait to breed after the pet is at a higher level or is that just for how well it fights/performs?

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-26 07:41:49 — Link

It depends on the parents genetic power. If both are them are GP3 then theres no need to level them before breeding. If it's any other combination however leveling them to 50 will produce higher gp offspring than if they wernt leveled.

Genetic power does boost all of the stats so it's something for you to consider if the effort is worth the results.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• BeeQueen
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-26 09:50:43 — Link

Hello,

does anyone know how to get "Ability to call lightning"?

I've got a Roc with electric gland so shouldn't it have that ability?

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-26 10:00:05 — Link

Ability to call lightning is electric gland + steel beak (both have to be dominant). 

• BeeQueen
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-26 10:26:05 — Link

Thank you.

• DC1525
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-27 06:00:19 — Link

Great, thank you Monues :)

• Nobody456
  • User

Posted at 2021-06-01 04:54:42 — Link

So what I'm getting is the dominant gene affect wether the stat will be red, pale gray, or green. Also the color and amount of pionts on the stat also determine what the stat will be like.

So in conclusion, both genes and the pionts on the stat determine how the offspring's stats will look.

Is that correct or not?

• spiderunicorn567
  • User

Posted at 2022-06-10 20:18:20 — Link

How do you neuter gender

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla