Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < New beast idea - Jackalope

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• PortysPride
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-23 19:35:56 — Link

Hey guys, so Ive always loved making customs for different adoptable sites. I decided Id love to try out something for this site as well so here we go. Since we have no rodents I wanted to do a rodent creature (also I wanted a rodent cuz I have many rodent pets at home - Gerbils). I was browsing through mythical creatures and came across the Jackalope and I love these creatures so I decided to try it out :)

The Jackalope is a cross between a Hare and Deer and here is my design:

Here is a bunch of color combos I came up with (base color and belly color):

And here are 2 colored in and shaded (I suck at shading so its a very simple shade):

I do hope to change the lineart partly for some genes. Like the antlers for the "Deer" gene.

Anyway, the genes:

Sharp teeth, double incisors, normal jaws, weak jaws, overgrown teeth (same effect as blunt teeth except the damage is decreased by 50% instead of 30%), steel antlers (bite damage is increased by 30%), brittle antlers (bite damage is decreased by 30%), normal antlers (no effect), small antlers (blow damage is decreased by 20%), large antlers (blow damage is increased by 20%)

Animal instincts, poor hearing, normal senses, deaf, acute eyesight, Call of the wild (hears the enemy in advance. gets an extra turn in the arena)

Smart, slow minded, normal wits, silly, quickmind, ambush (if your pet attacks first in battle it has a 50% chance that it gets an extra turn after every successful attack. effect is cumulative), genealogist, scholar, rabbit hole (your pet has a 30% chance to avoid an attack - other creature misses)

agile paws, clumsy paws, normal paws, sharp claws, blunt claws, thump (dodge chance is decreased by 30%), zigzag (dodge chance is increased by 30%)

Solid bones, fragile bones, light bones, normal bones, thin bones, steel bones

strong muscle, week muscle, normal muscle, dystrophy, steel muscle, Fertility (its a hare and hares reproduce like crazy so this gene seems more than fit)

normal organs, faint hearted, regeneration (rodents injuries heal fast so it seems fitting)

thick skin, thin skin, normal skin, elemental vulnerability, elemental resistance, bristled fur (rush damage is increased by 30%)

black, chinchilla, white, red, brown, sable

albinistic, spotted, harlequin, normal, diluted

well thats the basic genes I got in mind..of course Im still thinking about some nice gene combos :)

and about how players would get this pet, I was hoping it would be obtainable through the exploration...you would have about a 15% chance to meet this creature on your island visit. you would have to fight it and you would have only about a 5% chance that this beast will join you in your stable. I want the creature to be rare and hard to obtain, thats why Im going with so low percentages of meet and capture...

Sylviianel's BRILLIANT idea of aquiring this beast:

"I think I have an idea on how they can be acquired that isn't from a temple.

It would be like a new building, a rabbit hole where the Jackalopes live. The hole would have a certain spawn rate in explore, and then when you do find them you'll only have a 50% or whatever % chance that the hole would be occupied, if it isn't you just gather 1-2 of a material that is inside the den. If the hole is occupied you fight the Jackalope within. If you win there will be a 50% chance the Jackalope you beat was a mother and you get to take one of the babies.

This has 3 different variables that will help keep the Jackalopes rare.

1. The spawning of the rabbit holes (Jackalope Dens).
  2. The occupation of the den.
  3. If the Jackalope was a mother"

This idea reminds me I need to get the baby lineart done..I do have a cute idea hope I can get it done soon :)

Anyway thats it for now and I will pop in a bit later once I have free time again to finish the other color designs and post them here :)

Please post suggestions and thoughts on this beast and its colors and genes as well, even lineart edits for certain genes! Thanx in advance for any help on making this little guy better and more attractive to you guys :)

Hey guys! So I decided to use the signature to help me complete my deviant collection!!!

So these are the deviants Im missing and looking for:

Unicorns - Rocs - Dragons - Pumas

Color Devs:

Black Kite, Black, Cold Gray, Black Bicolor, Brown Bicolor, Gray,  Piebald White, White, Spotted White, Sky-blue, Light-green, Spotted Green, Black, Spotted Black, Silver, Spotted Red, Piebald Silver, Cloudy Leopard, Gray, Silver, Gray Siamese, Pure Black, Blue, Cream, Siamese, Apricot, Pastel Siamese, Lilac, Snow Leopard, Dilute White, White Siamese

Pattern Devs:

Black Bicolor, Montagus Harrier, Gray, White Gryphalcon, White, Dilute White, Striped Blue, Blue, Sky-blue, Spotted Blue, Striped Green, Black, Silver, Spotted Black,  Red, Piebald Red, Striped Silver, Silver, Piebald Silver, Spotted SilverGray Tiger, Cloudy Leopard, Silver, Blue, Red Leopard, Siamese, Yellow Tiger, Leopard, Apricot, Brown Tiger, Brown Cloudy Leopard, Brown, White Tiger, White, Dilute White, White Siamese

• Imitatia

Posted at 2015-02-25 09:06:43 — Link

This is a very well developed idea! The only thing I have to say is that the neck looks a little long, and the body looks a little too arched. But other than that, I love this idea! Jackalopes are so cute!

Hey everyone!

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-25 16:15:15 — Link

I like this! The genes you've chosen look pretty good except for the jaws, focus on either teeth or antlers but not both.

Finding jackalopes should be restricted to appropriate habitats (grasslands and savannah) and instead of occuring as random monsters I think it would make more sense if they were Beast Temple guardians. If you defeat one it can decide you are worthy of caring for one of its children and the higher the guardian's GP level the better genetics the pet will have.

Breeder of trash deviants

• PortysPride
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-25 23:16:28 — Link

Lytala: I didnt know which to chose thats why I put both :) but I will decide later on..Ill probably go with the antlers...

I love the finding area! but it should still be a percentage chance that he will go with you if you defeat him, so they dont end up being too common too quick

Imitatia: thanx! I looked at so many different photos of hares to make this fella as they are so different from a rabbit but I see what you mean with the arched back..Ill fix that as soon as I get a little time! as for the neck, the length of the neck should be about half of the front leg from what I gathered which it is :)

Hey guys! So I decided to use the signature to help me complete my deviant collection!!!

Color Devs:

Black Kite, Black, Cold Gray, Black Bicolor, Brown Bicolor, Gray,  Piebald White, White, Spotted White, Sky-blue, Light-green, Spotted Green, Black, Spotted Black, Silver, Spotted Red, Piebald Silver, Cloudy Leopard, Gray, Silver, Gray Siamese, Pure Black, Blue, Cream, Siamese, Apricot, Pastel Siamese, Lilac, Snow Leopard, Dilute White, White Siamese

Pattern Devs:

Black Bicolor, Montagus Harrier, Gray, White Gryphalcon, White, Dilute White, Striped Blue, Blue, Sky-blue, Spotted Blue, Striped Green, Black, Silver, Spotted Black,  Red, Piebald Red, Striped Silver, Silver, Piebald Silver, Spotted SilverGray Tiger, Cloudy Leopard, Silver, Blue, Red Leopard, Siamese, Yellow Tiger, Leopard, Apricot, Brown Tiger, Brown Cloudy Leopard, Brown, White Tiger, White, Dilute White, White Siamese

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-25 23:32:33 — Link

If they're coming from random monsters that makes sense, but I think jackalope Beast Temples would be sufficiantly rare that you should get a pet each time you beat one. Also, the temple guardians are usually harder to defeat than regular monsters and you only get one chance to fight them instead of whatever energy your pet has.

Breeder of trash deviants

• PortysPride
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-27 08:07:47 — Link

well for me for example I win every time I fight the teple guardian..if you have many GP pets it will be sooo much easier to gain him and then it might become a little unfair to all players..

Color Devs:

Pattern Devs:

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-27 08:42:23 — Link

I think I have an idea on how they can be acquired that isn't from a temple.

It would be like a new building, a rabbit hole where the Jackalopes live. The holes would have a certain spawn rate in explore, and then when you do find them you'll only have a 50% or whatever % chance that the hole would be occupied; if it isn't you just gather 1-2 of a material that is inside the den. If the hole is occupied you fight the Jackalope within. If you win there will be a 50% chance the Jackalope you beat was a mother and you get to take one of the babies.

This has 3 different variables that will help keep the Jackalopes rare.

1. The spawning of the rabbit holes (Jackalope Dens).
  2. The occupation of the den.
  3. If the Jackalope was a mother.

• PortysPride
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-28 10:29:53 — Link

@Sylviianel oh I LOVE that idea!!!

Color Devs:

Pattern Devs:

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-04 05:44:04 — Link

I fully support this just so I can make a custom skin series of the characters of watership down.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-04 05:53:35 — Link

^Yes. Okay.. I love this... 

I would very much love this as a species. I love antlers on everything and anything! Nice work!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• cupcakegirl2003
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-06 23:21:40 — Link

wow nice idea we need more animals in this game. You should make a animal up to

the neck does look a little to big and maybe the back shouldn't be as bent

we should do a animal that is a cat mixt withsomething else

mixed

Warning given by Angel on 2015-03-06 23:55:00
Four posts merged into one
Please check Forum Rules. Edit your post instead of adding new ones right after it. This helps to keep the forums uncluttered and easily readable.

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-17 10:19:47 — Link

I love this idea!

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

• wolfspirit
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-18 23:56:35 — Link

These are really nice :) I love new beast ideas ^_^

As for introducing them into the game....could it be done like it was with the lykos? ....I don't know if that would maybe be too easy?

Idon't know much about those sort of things so forgive me if it sounds stupid...

I do think it's an awesome idea though :)

• thebeastkeeper
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-22 05:24:40 — Link

I love these so much! I want one!

I support this and I like the idea of introducing them on the islands too. 

• SuperHappy
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-30 07:44:04 — Link

I want one so bad! Skin is so cute!

Quotes:

I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

~ Sirius Black

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Important Threads of Mine(Scroll to see all)

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/9464 My BIGGEST most COMPLEX Forum Game yet!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/9182 Fun RP!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8679 KAMI SUGGESTION!!!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8748 REALLY fun game I made up!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8814 Another REALLY fun game I made up!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8568 My imaginary friends

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8759 ASK MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS!!!!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8751 Newest writing, called Diaries of a Cat!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8747 Warrior Cat Name Creator Game!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8420 My Warrior Cat Name Rater!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8102  Pets for newbies!

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla