Boards < New Player Hall < Newbie Chat < How do you make money and what is good pets?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Pernilleclj
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-24 15:56:06 — Link

I know about the breedings and quests, but there isn't any questes for my pets and my pets ain't good, so i don't think selling breed is an option. So how do you make money, when you don't have good pets?

And how do you get good pets? Or actually what is good pets?
I've played a lot of these kind of games, but i think this site is more diffucult to get to know. 

Sorry for my bad english, i'm danish, so i hope it's understable. So i can get some good answers from you.

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-25 03:54:03 — Link

Hello!

The best way to start getting money and materials is just to Explore a lot. You can also get silver by voting for the site on web directories (under My Account tab). And there should almost always be at least one or two quests that any pet can fulfill, so those can help you out. 

Good pets are those with genes that boost their stats and battle abilities. Having GP in your pets is also very good, which you see represented by the green stars. The best way to get your first ones is to buy them from the Pet Trades once you've saved enough. 

You can also find many players giving away pets for free, and they may be able to give you a head start.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-27 20:37:17 — Link

Here's a simple long-term strategy I usually suggest:  make space in your stable for pets that can do quests. Quests are your easiest way to get money over time. Focus on the simpler quests, like searching the pound for a pure black puma or striped black dragon. A lot of people do put these in the pound, so it's a start.

Then when you find a quest that happens fairly often, try to buy a pet that fulfils that quest, like a tan forest throdama, or a fiery red symurgh. You can get them fairly reasonably priced, if you keep searching. You'll soon know how much is a good price (at least for you).

Remember that each pet that you have will cost money for food, if you don't explore that day. But any pet that can do a quest can pay its own way. That's why a large chunk of my stable is just questers. I've put a lot of the pets that I bred in the first year I played this game into my Reserve, but questers I try to keep or sell on, because they're so useful. They more than pay room and board. Even if you can get hold of a pure white symurgh or a blue symurgh from out the pound, you'll get a few thousand silver every time they fulfil a quest.

In general, the more you quest, the more money you have. Try to save up and buy good fighting pets as well as questers. I spent most of last summer (so northern hemisphere's winter) using one gp3 Lykos with ice breath which I slowly levelled up to 50 to explore and fight some really impossible beasts. I saved up for her mother and bred her from a really good father as well. Breeding really helps. You'll start by caring a lot about colour or one particular pet, but eventually you'll get a feel for what's really good to have (and while it isn't easy, it is possible to breed yourself some really nice pets).

If you need any help, just let us know :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Shan
  • User

Posted at 2016-05-06 22:34:06 — Link

Is there a way to get gold coind without spending cash. I need to get energy potions for my pets. Or do the animals gain energy each day? 

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2016-05-07 11:16:11 — Link

Pets gain one energy point every hour. :)

In regards to getting gold, you can invite others to play the game (10 gold), create custom skins (10 gold per 10 uses), charge gold for the use of your custom skin, and my favorite: placing in the Top 10 in the Weekly Charts (10 gold per placement).

And in regards to energy potions, you can also find them in explore. Building and using the Astrologist building can boost your chance.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla