Boards < Community < Roleplay < Battle Royal (1x1 SmallxTide)

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 7 8 | Next »

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 04:32:31 — Link

(I hope 1x1 are allowed...If not, mods please feel free to lock this thread. Also, just diving straight into this as too many characters to list)

Mags sighed as she pressed through the crowd. So many people and all this before the battles had even begun! Grumbling to herself, she made her way over to where the meal was going to be served. It was nice of them to serve the contestants, but Mags had to wonder if they had poisoned the food or not. Suddenly a hand brushed against hers and she jumped as spiders danced across her mind. Grumbling that so many people seem to have a fear of spiders, she entered the meal hall and started to look around. She was still pretty low in the rankings which was just fine by her. Let her opponents underestimate her; she would gladly mop the floor with their blood.

Zenthim stood in a corner as he let his brown eyes take in all the battlers. It was bound to be an interesting fight just judging by the looks of the people here. Hearing someone enter (although how he heard above the din of the crowd is a mystery), he frowned. The person was small...Had to be the smallest here. Poor gal, he thought as he went back to studying the other particpants. She isn't going to survive the first round.

Teal looked at the other high tier fighters wondering just how long he would last against any of them. He always did this; it wasn't a wise idea to temp fate. His teal colored eyes which he swears was how he got his name, shut as the noise assualted his ears. Couldn't people ever eat quietly? Really. No one should talk with their mouth full like that. 

Amethyst was quite enjoying the din of the noise. It didn't make her feel so alone. Her violet colored eyes stared down at her food as she poked at it. It wasn't bad, she just wasn't that hungry. Truth be told, she only came here to scout out both the higher tier which she was a part of and the lower tier which if they were good enough, she herself might be facing.

Terrie weaved through the tables, serving whatever the contestants would like to drink. Unless she hated your guts and then you were lucky not to get your drink poured on your head and your glassed rammed into your face or your butt. Depends on how bad you raise up her ire. The dirty blonde wanted to fight, but had failed most of the smaller qualifying rounds. Sighing, she slide drinks along the table before going back and fetching more. She would find some way into the tournament despite not being registered. You could almost count on it.

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 04:50:11 — Link

Zeke ran his hands through his short blonde hair as he picked up bone after bone, examining them closely before nipping a little meat from here or there. He wasn't being picky because he was picky...he was being picky because it simply occurred to him at that time. The eccentric, young wizard wrapped his patchwork green cloak around him a bit more tightly as he selected yet another bone for scrutiny. Odd, how odd. He looked up as another wizard joined him at his table, and scowled. Well then...his table was one of the ones in the far back, and it had been empty, just like many others, until now. The fact that he had been seeked out...well then. He mumbled a greeting and blatantly ignored the man who sat in front of him with a big plate of food.

Papa Mambo rolled his eyes, his massive stomach jiggling as he shifted from side to side. The witchdoctor had piled his plate high with vegetable and odd, strong tasting and smelling foods from the more foreign dishes that had been offered. He loved to try new things, which was why he was sitting here with this green wizard instead of with anyone else. Well, that, and the fact that he didn't know anyone else, but... Papa Mambo's warm brown eyes glowed slightly, and he rumbled laughter as he thought about it. Fine, circumstances had forced him into this, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to enjoy it. "Hello." he greeted warmly. 

Kilter gave a nervous twitter as his arm jerked, spilling his beer on the woman he was passing by. He hardly noticed her purple eyes, too busy was he avoiding the hot tea that spilled down her back. Stunning golden yellow eyes stared apologetically at her as he backed away, his leg twitching back and forth as he did so. He shook his head apologetically, and shrugged, although it ended up being four or five shrugs in short succession.

Joyce slammed her drink down, and howled with laughter at the passed out man on the other side of her. The Asian mage's kimono, which had been perfectly tied when she had entered, prepared to drink and eat her way into oblivion, was now mussed and half untied, revealing so much breast it would have been considered scandulous from where she came. Good thing she was here instead, she decided with a burp, rolling her eyes. "Hah! Anyone else?" she asked, looking around with eyes that weren't crossing even though she had drank so much.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:12:32 — Link

Terrie made her way over to where the fat man and blonde one were sitting. Her thought was how could anyone let themselves go like that? Wasn't a fighter suppose to be fit and strong. Not...Well, not whatever Mambo was. Plastering a fake smile on her face, she placed a hand on her hip and cocked it slightly. "Anything I can get your lovelies to drink? Ale? Gin? Whiskey? Tea? Water? Poison?" She felt the last word slip out of her mouth before just going with the flow. Surely they had a drink called poison. If not, well, she would just make one up wouldn't she?

Hearing the challenge, Mags couldn't resist. Making her way over to the sluttly dressed Asian, she pushed the unconscious man off the bench. "I'll take you up on that challange. I'll beat ya hands down." Grinning, she slammed her hands down on to the table as she sit on the bench. Shaking her grey hair out of the way, grey eyes measured the woman across from her. This should be easy, but even Mags wasn't going to call it just yet.

Amethyst let out a shrill shriek that momentarily deafened her table mates as the hot liquid spilled down her back. Laying a hand on one of her short swords, the brown and purpled haired dark mage twisted around and all but lunged for Kilter. The only thing that stopped her from completely killing him was his eye color. The golden color reminder her of the lover she had back home. "Just be more careful next time you hear," she growled out as she started to strip her shirt off right there to try and clean up the mess. Shame? What was shame at this point? It wasn't like it wasn't going to be ripped on the battle field anyway. Turning around, a tattoo of a dagger with folded wings stood out darkly against her pale skin. "Cause next time, those eyes of yours might not save ya."

Zenthim watched the scene with the tea and couldn't help but stare at the woman who had taken off her shirt. Take about people watching. Shaking his head, he looked away and got an eye full of Joyce. Well, if he wanted to look at breasts, apparently this was the place to do.

Great. More noise. Apparently these people didn't understand the value of quiet. Or peace. Or manners. Shaking his head, he concentrated on his food and tried to ignore everyone else. Key word there is tried. He failed epically as catcalls and whistles sounded throughout the room.

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:23:51 — Link

Papa Mambo laughed grandly at Terrie's comment, slapping his knee. True tears of mirth came to his eyes as he doubled over and pounded the table, earning a glare from Zeke. "Poison...oh...what a great joke!" He talked slowly, but the good humor was obvious in his voice as he looked at Terrie. He wore a broad smile as he waved her off. "No, but thank you very much. I am fine in terms of drink..." He shifted a little, reaching around to one of his massive hips and drawing out an ornately beaded flask. "My friend here, on the other hand..."

"I'm not your friend." he grumbled, picking out another piece of meat and gnawing at it halfheartedly. All the fun was gone now that he had company now...he felt their scrutiny, and he didn't like it. Rolling his eyes, he sighed and decided he might as well interact. "Mmm....let's try the poison, shall we?" he asked, his green eyes unnaturally bright. His smile didn't reach them as he waved a hand at the seat. "On the other hand, you could sit down and keep me and...this man company."

Joyce put on her "drunk" face, staring at Mags as if she couldn't quite see her. A saucy smile began to curl up the Asian's lips...oh, the women were the best. Harder to beat, admittedly, but much better of a show than any man could provide...in many ways. She burped again as she hit her still half full drink against the table. "Waiter! Waitress! Someone, bring me more drink! We drink to heaven tonight!" Her light, airy voice turned dirtier as she yipped laughter.

Kilter backed away, raising an eyebrow as she began to strip. He shook his head, although it was more  of a few twitches. His arm gave another inadvertant dance as he reached to help her with her shirt. The cat calls made him more frantic, and his eyes snapped from side to side as he grew more nervous. Oh...oh dear. His light grey hair seemed to stand on end as he tried to back away, only managing to trip over a chair and land on the floor.

Karst managed to keep his eyes off of Amethyst as he stepped forward to hold out a hand to Kilter. He jumped a little as the contact with the physical mage shocked him, but it was well rewarded by Kilter's thankful gaze. Karst, a rather handsome looking man with brown hair and blue eyes, merely looked nervous now as he glanced at Amethyst, then at the crowd. "Umm....excuse me ma'am...' He said in a small voice, Kilter's arms clinging to him as the rather jittery wizard attempted to straighten up.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:33:11 — Link

Terrie still had the smile plastered to her face. Oh joy, a joker, she thought as she looked sideways at Zeke. "Of course sir. Be right back," she chirped as she turned away to go fetch the make believe drink. She wouldn't sit down with those two for the world so the invitation had gone ignored. Besides that, she was working and would rather not lose her job; she liked it here despite her attitude about some of the battlers.

Mags just grinned as a waiter supplied both women with drinks. This was going to be so interesting. She wondered briefly who would win; she doubt that the Asian was fully drunk, but even half drunks could hold a lot of liquor. Mentally preparing herself, she gripped the mug and grinned. "Or to hell," Mags shouted out as she lifted her glass skyward.

Hearing someone crash to the floor and then a voice, Amethyst stopped trying to wipe up the spilt tea with her shirt and turned to look at the man who had spoken. A smile twitched at her face at the sight before moving over to help. "Yes? Something I can help you with?"

Teal gave up and went to the bar to try and escape the noise. Key word is try to escape. He didn't know he had a tag along in the form of Zenthim. The dark skinned male wanted a better vantage point and what better vantage point then the bar? Especially after that blonde green eyed waitress he had been watching bounced up and started to mix a drink.

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 05:46:59 — Link

Zeke rolled his eyes as he watched Terrie go, his eyes plastered to her behind and back as she walked away. He sighed and rolled his eyes, turning back to Papa Mambo, who was eating gingerly for a man of his size. "Can you believe that woman?" he wondered aloud, shaking his head while his fingers beat a tattoo on his knee. "Stuck up little..." he turned back to his food and began to eat.

Papa Mambo rolled his eyes and shook his head as he tastefully finished off a kebab. "Well, to her defense, we did not act the most polite." he pointed out with a shrug of his massive shoulders. "She is a human too, and living. She deserves respect." he noted with a sigh. "It is too rare these days." He noted Zeke staring at him as if he had grown a third arm, and fell into mirth for the umpteenth time that day.

Joyce grinned as she clashed her glass a bit too hard against Mag's, her eyes glittering brightly. "Sounds like a great idea!" she shouted back, before leaning back and chugging her drink, letting her breasts press forward hard. Men stared, and Joyce noticed. Well, she wouldn't be deprived of companionship tonight...

"Would you...I mean...modesty...." Karst shrugged humbly and backed away. He was but one of the little guns, with nothing more than a talent in illusion and dimension magic. This was obviously one of the greats, and if experience had taught him anything, it was to stay away from these...especially ones with that kind of look in their eyes. "Never mind." Letting Kilter lean heavily on him, Karst turned his back on Amethyst.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:03:37 — Link

Fixing up the drink, she grinned as she sat it on her scarred tray. A potent combination of things that would be better left in shot glasses than the mug she used, she made her way back through the tables. Poison was an apt name for the drink as she slide the bright pink liquid in front of Zeke. "Drink up hun!" Grinning, she turned as if to move away.

Mags winced at the vibration though the glass before drinking as well. Her chest wasn't nearly as ample as Joyce's so she had no stares her way in that department. If she got a companion it was likely going to be anyone Joyce rejected or someone desperate. Sitting down her empty glass with a thud, she smirked at Joyce. "Too easy."

Amethyst snorted as she finished cleaning up the tea that went down her back. Stuffing the stained shirt in her bag, she shrugged. "How modest would you be if you got hot tea spilt down your back? Besides, I'm bound and I don't have another shirt." Growling low in her throat as Karst turned his back to her, she shook her head. Figures. Apparently her reputation proceeded her. That or the aura she gave off warned people away. "If ya two need anything, come find me." It was a vauge statement, but a way of saying that she didn't mean any harm.

Zenthim winced at the drink left the bar area before turning to Teal. "Wouldn't want to drink that stuff. I feel a bit sorry for the poor chap that does. What about you?"

Oh god! One of them was talking to him! Grumbling, Teal just shrugged and prayed the conversation would be short. Very very short.

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:15:36 — Link

Zeke raised an eyebrow at the drink, and then stared at  Terrie. "Hey! Don't go!" he commanded halfheartedly. "Don't you have to tell me what is in this slop, or something?" He had already cast a spell checking for the most basic poisons, and none of them were present...it had to be safe to drink, right, right?

Mambo rolled his eyes at Zeke. "Well, you asked for poison, so she gave you poison. Now drink up." he said in mock seriousness, another grin mounting on his face. He shifted his massive bulk and picked up another bit of food.

Joyce plopped her glass down right afterwards, eyeing Mags with one eyebrow raised. "Hogwash. Another, another, someone get me another!" she said, waving her glass out randomly for some man to fill...hopefully with only drink, She wasn't quite ready for anything else yet.

Karst turned back, and raised an eyebrow. Kilter pulled away from him, giving him a wink (or it really could have been a twitch of the eye; who knew with him?) and hobbling off, presumably to get more food. Karst shrugged, wondering what that was all about as he looked at Amethyst. "Umm...well...if you want something to cover yourself...." He began to shrug off his coat.

Kilter staggered over to Zenthim and Teal, then right past them as he ran into the bar. He stared at the bar stupidly, then waved for a drink, paying no attention to the men he had just cut between.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:25:49 — Link

Terrie shook her head as she gave a real smile. "Nop. I don't have to tell you what is in it. You ordered it at your own risk. Don't feel sorry for ya if you drop down dead." She really wouldn't be sorry if he did drop down dead from the drink. A spot would be open then and she could muscle her way in.

Mags grinned as a waitress this time brought them new glasses. Not even waiting for Joyce to announce anything, she chugged down the liquid. Sitting the glass down, the grin stayed on her face as her eyes stayed sober. She waved her empty glass and waited for one of the servers to fill it up again.

Amethyst shook her head as she threw up her hands. "No! I couldn't possibly take your coat! It will be alright. Not like anyone here truly cares and I bet you anything that by the time they kick us out, most of the women here will be topless or nearly topless. The only difference is I will still be sober."

Teal gave a thank prayer heavenward as he used the distraction provided by Kilter to escape while Zenthim gave the other a curious look. "Hey! You know there are easier ways to get to the bar right?" He tapped his fist on the scarred and gouged out surface. "You didn't have to cut through a conversation."

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:49:07 — Link

Zeke raised an eyebrow. "At least sit here and watch me drink it." he offered, waving his hand at the empty seat. "Come on, now. No one's going to be sitting with me and this blob any time soon." The smile he threw Mambo's way wasn't exactly apologetic, but at least it wasn't cruel. He picked up the drink and sniffed it tentatively.

Mambo rolled his eyes and chuckled. "You are just jealous." he insisted, pounding his stomach. He picked up another kebab. "I eat so little and grow so hearty, and you people eat too much and end up bones." He shook his head. "It makes no sense why you are like that."

Joyce shook her head as she chugged down the next one, raising her head to expose her chest and neck as her throat bobbed, swallowing drink after drink. The next drink came faster than she expected, and it wasn't good for her to drink too fast, but Joyce rose to the challenge, unwilling to give up.

His jacket was already off, and Karst pushed it towards Amethyst. "Nonsense." he offered. "I mean...I know...but...it's just not...please, just take it, alright?" he insisted. "It's a gift now. Umm...okay?" he asked, backing away.

Kilter glanced at Teal, then took the drink the bartender brought and began to take paranoid little sips. He shrugged and shook his head, jittering on his chair.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 07:09:09 — Link

Terrie saw no way out of this and sat down next to Zeke. "Fine. But you touch anything ya ain't suppose to and I'm knocking you flat on your butt. Got that?" The narrowed her eyes at the wizard before looking at the pudgy one across from her. Really now? Being fat was a good thing now? Shaking her head, she turned to face Zeke more. "Now drink up." That was said almost too sweetly, but she didn't care.

Mags drunk her glass almost as soon as a full one was place in her hand. Wiping away the foam from her third drink, she waved the empty glass into the air. "Come on people! How are we suppose to have a drinking contest if you take so long to refill out glasses with beer!"

Amethyst took it, a weird look in her eyes. "Are you giving this casue you really are bothered or are you giving me it cause you are terrified of me? Truth or this jacket is ending up down your throat." She wasn't kidding either; the dark mage rarely made idle threats.

Zenthim shook his head. "Nervous about the big day tomorrow or just worried one of these guys will stab you in the back before the real fighting starts?" Waving at the bartender, he order a water. He wanted to stay nice and sober for the show later; drunk people always provided the best entertainment.

Teal almost made it out the door when he was stopped by a hand to his collar. "And just where do you think you are going little brother?" Groaning, he turned his head to look at the black hair, lilac eyed beauty that was currently holding him hostage. Cynthiam for her part just grinned and dragged her brother back into the crowd. "No running away now. The fun is just starting."

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 07:18:13 — Link

Zeke rolled his eyes. "Come on, now, I'm a gentleman." he inisted as he sipped the beverage. Oh...dear. Tears jumped to his eyes, and he wheezed and spat out to the side as he carefully set the burning drink back down on the table. "What're you trying to do. woman?  Kill me?" he asked frantically, dabbing at the sides of his mouth with his cloak.

Mambo sighed at Terrie's head shake, and shrugged his shoulders again. "It seems to me you all are just jealous." he said primly as he watched Zeke drink. Internal laughter bubbled up and shook his body as he watched on.

Joyce rolled her eyes and leaned heavily on the man to her left, rubbing her body all over him as she held out her cup for another round. It was too fast...she couldn't force it out of her system fast enough.....oh, she was having the best time of her life.

Karst tried not to squeak, and instead attempted to swallow his fear. "Ah....both?" he responded, half a question, half an answer. He shrugged. "Both." he said more firmly, which still wasn't very firmly at all.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 07:48:18 — Link

Terrie just gave an innocent smile before breaking down and letting out a tinkling laugh that was almost drowned by the din of the place. "It is call poison. What did you expect? A nice fruity flavor for your delicate tastes? Well, sorry. That wasn't what you ordered." Looking Mambo up and down, she had to briefly wonder what his stamina would be like. "Jealous of what sir?"

Mags sat up straight; she would lean on no man! Or woman for that matter. Taking another glass she swallowed in all down and was already reaching for a fifth one. Or was it her sixth? She wasn't keeping track so who really knew. Maybe one of the spectors did.

Growling low, Amethyst thrust the coat back at him. "Then no. I don't need it. If you are that concerned, I'll just go back to my room and get my own shirt." Turning, she started weaving through the crowd towards the exit. Those sober enough got out of her way and those that weren't...Well, they might come too eventually.

Cynthiam, and Teal with her, made her way over to the bar. "Your strongest drink! Now!" Looking at Kilter, she gave him a once over. "Nope. You won't do." Peeking around, she did the same thing to Zenthim and said the same thing as well. While she was distracted Teal escaped once more.

• Smallguy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 07:57:10 — Link

Zeke rolled his eyes and took another sip, prepared and steeled now. It didn't help. The drink hit his nose and mouth like a hammer, but at least this time he didn't wheeze as he swallowed his meager gulp. "If I didn't know better, I would have thought you were a competitor looking to get rid of us!"

Mambo's laugh was a lot more mellow, and he looked at Terrie with kind eyes. His massive shoulders went up and down in a shrug. "Nothing, of course. It was just a joke, and in bad taste, too." He seemed to have lost interest in his food, and merely leaned back in a creaking chair, looking off into the distance.

Joyce sat back up and drank again, letting the drink slop over her chest. She really was looking like a cheap whore, now, and smelling like one too. Not to her misfortune, exactly, but she had standards, damn it, and they wouldn't be reached if she was too drunk when it happened! But this was so fun, and besides, it was harmless...right?

"Hey!" Karst stared at Amethyst's bare back for half a minute before followed after her. "Wait! Hey, get back here, wait!" He rolled his eyes as he charged after her, some random primal feeling activating. "It's cold out there! Put this on, damn it!" He hated the way the other men stared at her body as it moved towards the door...it wasn't like she was his, though..

Kilter raised a twitchy eyebrow at Cynthiam, and chuckled breathily as he spped at his drink. He watched Teal with nervous eyes, and edged away from the woman.

• Tidesweep
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 08:19:09 — Link

Terrie wonder why the fat guy looked at her like that. It made her feel uncomfortable as most people had pity in their eyes or disgust. Maybe if she was lucky it was just anger. Shaking her head slightly to clear it, she stood up. Zeke had hit a little too close to the truth which wasn't helping any. "I should get back to work."

Mags took another drink, starting to feel some of the drink's effects. Granted the world was only slightly blurry and she had a built in defense for any unwanted (and sometimes wanted) advances so she wasn't too worried.

Amethyst ignored him the best she could as she clenched her hands into fists. So what? It wasn't like the walk was far and besides, the cool air would do a lot for her temper. What did he care anyway? "No." Such a simple word, yet had so much force behind it. The question is: Would Karst be brave enough or concerned enough to defy that force?

Looking around, she noticed her brother had made a quick escape. Shaking her head as she let out a breathy sigh, she turned back to the two males. "You two drunk yet?" Zenthim shook his head as he showed the strange woman his water. "Good. Go get drunk then."

« Prev | 1 2 ... 7 8 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla