Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Release Pets into the Wild and Reserve Structure

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 10:27:30 — Link

I had assumed that once you've bred the pet, the child/inherited data would be generated as well since the baby does take up stable count reardless of it being born. It does make sense as to why data isn't generated immediately as the numbers taken by these babies are generated as they are born, so their logs have just generated. 

With all the posts provided, I am assuming that the reason why there is such a downtime and lots of restrictions are because of the processing of data. I am not certain to what context "balance" means in the statements provided, so I am assuming it is technical more than a general "feel" of the site.

I guess what we mean by "Deleting the Pet" is removing their over-all functionality (feeding, space taken, breeding, trading, giving). Keep the gene data, remove everything else. That'll help alleviate some of the unneccessary data.

I am glad that the Reserve feature has been created. Thank you for this and I will definitely be using this feature in the future.

"We can return back the visibility of wild pet stats if you will agree that you can't do anything with the pet before taming is finished  even if you don't like this pet."

Was posting my opinion about this topic the reason why pet stats were hidden? Wow, this must have struck your bones and that was not my intention. It sure sounds like a penalty when worded that way and if it is one provided due to an opinion, then I have no problems with it. It's just a shame that I won't be able to plan ahead and sort the pets out conveniently. I'll eventually see it in three days and it bears little influence over-all.

I still stand by the idea of being able to release pets that are taming. If integrity is what is valuable to you, an animal that is still being tamed has done nothing but have data presented. The genes have not passed yet; it will not influence other pets and it will clear out data unnecessary when unwanted and deleted. If the pet numbers are your concern, having a gap in the count will not influence much since it did not bear more to the site than be generated and then deleted. You'll simply have an "invalid pet" page like for those pets that haven't been generated yet. There won't be a lot to lose (just data) unless how the site is coded will have a negative feedback to deleting data logs.  

I like RedRarebit's suggestion to have an examination of the pet before you decide to tame it. Perhaps if it really is a concern for you guys, we can have an examiner's fee or a building for that. It's a good compromise and would help processing of data if that is the concern.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 05:26:04 — Link

so it is apparent that when a pet is in the reserve you can no longer see the pet.

NOW i propose a modification to the costly building

i would like to have the choice to still see Top favorited creatures. the amount of creatures you can "favorite" is based on stable lvl.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 06:31:09 — Link

Why on earth would you no longer be able to see them?

I feel the point has been missed almost entirely. Or at least what I had in mind.

The reserve, as I suggested, was meant as a permanent retirement where we could go to "visit" old pets we had no use for that were still special to us in some way. We should still be able to view them exactly as we do now, image, stats, everything, only be unable to do anything with them.

Releasing was for pets we never wanted to see again, and pets with no offspring could be deleted entirely. And pets we want removed from the game for any reason, not unloaded on someone else though the pound.

I've noticed the number of unwanted pets has started to accumulate, many in auctions are getting cheaper and cheaper in the hope of unloading them. It's getting harder to find ones for sale with good genes due to the number with bad. It drags the whole economy down, I've seen this so many times before. It's why I suggested this in the first place.

Not everyone uses the release feature on other sites to delete pets, but if enough people do it helps.

Both things, the ability to "store" those we like to view at any time and the ability to remove those that are unwanted from the game... Was I that unclear on what a reserve should be?

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla