Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Release Pets into the Wild and Reserve Structure

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 20:37:13 — Link

Right now there is no way to remove a pet perminantly from the game, later overpopulation of unwanted pets will be a real issue; trust me.

I think we should have the ability to release a pet into the wild, "deleting" it from the game. If it has no offspring it can be completely erased, no data need be stored on the server. If it has offspring some data will need tobe saved obviously to track inbreeding.

Edit: Removed content about releasing wild pets. This has been shot down repeatedly and likely will not be happening. Please focus on the other suggestions in this post.

Finally I also think it would be nice to have another "structure" called a Reserve. Think like a wildlife reserve. It would essentially be for retirement, pets sent to the reserve would sort of "revert back to the wild" and couldn't be used for breeding, battle, exploring, or anything but their data and images would be saved.

This is for pets you no longer need for breeding or anything but they have some other value to you, like emotionally or something. For some reason you want to keep them but they are just taking up space in your stable that could be holding something that had more than sentimental value.

Perhaps, as a real-monies rare item, reserve pets could be re-tamed later.

Edited a bit.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 21:05:49 — Link

support for pet deletion /release a wild caught befor you had to wait 3 days to even sell/pound it. -

edit: supports retirement structure which is an unlimited gallery - the pet just becomes image data.

edits in a champion guild  this is a trade in you take a pet here it must have some levels and you get certain rewards for milestones that the pet has.

the rewards:

~a certain amout for every level / a full capped(lvl50) pet will get a bonus

~left over breedings (unused offers)

~a certain amount for green genes(good) , nothng extra for bad genes or normal genes

~extra for a fully researched pet (all genes discovered)

The pet is then GONE, you have your space back at that point but you had to put some money or time into the pet to get a reward.

edits i also realise it may be selfish but what about the pets that reach level 50 run outa breeding slots, is the only thing its good for is exploreing and taking up space.
 and i would rather not send a lvl 50 even if it has no breedings left for someone else to get my hard work at leveling it.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 21:48:47 — Link

I don't think the reserve should have endless capacity, maybe a max of 100-150. Pets could still be released into the wild from there.

I'm not sure how I feel about rewards either but not opposed to it. If space is unlimited, yes, I'm opposed. I've seen this system cause major inflation on other games, people mass breed pets just for the purpose of releasing them for money; not a good system at all. Defeats the purpose of releasing or retireing them in the first place.

Maybe it could be done well but it would have to be done intellegently. Perhaps the released/retired pet would bring you a gift in rememberance for the time spent with you that can be found exploring or in a chest. Maybe the value of the gift could be influenced by the number of days the pet spent with you too. Most pets would bring rocks, cotton, or something back. (Provided it had been tamed, like I added, wild pets would just warn other wild pets away and want nothing more to do with you.)

Pets you've owned for a long time that are fairly powerful are more likely to bring back magical/chest items, weak pets and pets you havn't owned long either can't defeat the guardians or don't care enough to try to get the magical items if they can.

But hey, if you're a giant bird bringing back logs is a pretty meaningful gift on their end. Birds bring nesting material to their mates. XD

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 23:11:47 — Link

I completely support the idea of being able to 'intsa-release' a pet the explorers come back with. The three days they're sitting there, they're also a drain on your food resources! 

* Winter is coming *

• Elviril
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-28 23:20:15 — Link

support

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 02:02:06 — Link

The releasing captured pets has already been denied.

Quoting someone else quoting Angel:

"this is a question of balance between breeding and taming. Ability to throw out wild pets after they have been just caught will make breeding senseless, users will just roll wild pets until they get the one they want. We would have to change our tagline to "pet taming game" in this case :)

Deleting unwanted pets after they're tamed/grown should be an option, though only if it does get necessary.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 04:54:55 — Link

I think Angel should hear to reason on it, as long as there is a penalty.

Decreasing the liklyhood of catching pets if you release any I think is a fair ballance, since you won't be able to replace the one you released easily. It just frees up space in your stables for breeding and buying other players pets. As it stands I'm lucky if I catch one a day.

• sunandshadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-01 06:30:28 — Link

Can I suggest that it lower the rate of only that type of pet?

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-02 14:19:37 — Link

Maybe having it so you can only insta-release a very limited amount of pets per month. Something low like 3-5 pets. Anything you catch after you've released your last pet that month, you have to go through the motions of taming then selling/releasing.

* Winter is coming *

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-02 19:52:42 — Link

I support the ability to release pets, and the idea of a reserve structure. But don't give rewards for this retirement.. if there were any such rewards I could see it working if it were like on FF... but never like the OWF on wajas (if anyone still remembers that thing)....  Just being able to still keep your old pet (I'm a sentimental sucker for pixels) but not be able to do anything with them.space.

Even a Hall of Fame... a place that just lists those pets for you and others to see.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:29:53 — Link

@sunandshadow

No. Because what if the person doesn't want to be able to catch that species at all? Not much of a penalty then, is it?

It needs to be across all species if it's done that way, for that reason.

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 17:38:23 — Link

I support the retirement notion.

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 10:41:08 — Link

Releasing pets is a total support for me.

I don't understand how it'll be a "pet taming" site. It's a breeding site. If you don't get a pet that's of your breeding standard, then what use is it for you? You can pound it or sell it away, but the wait time to tame it is a waste of resources over-all. You're simply housing it for nothing.

The wait time is long enough (1 year to tame? I understand they're wild and magical creatures, but I'd think 6 months is enough for that), lodging a pet you won't need and have a high chance no one else would (I've had almost ALL red stat pets), it's just really a waste over-all.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-11 18:25:06 — Link

I don't see a way how overpopulation problem can appear. We have Pound, any unwanted pet can be sent there. By the way, it's still empty though we have more than 1.5K users registered, and there's no way that a user doesn't know about Pound because it is included in tutorial.

Pound won't give any rewards for taking a pet.

If you don't like that wild pets take place in the stables while they are being tamed, and want to breed your pets and trade them with other users instead, just don't catch wild pets. It's not necessary to get "fresh blood" as there are other sources of not-related pets and new genes for breeding.

Pet growth and taming time should be equal for the sake of balance.

If you would like to see an additional logic behind the pet taming time except the balance concerns, we will add it. From this moment the stats of the wild pets won't be visible. It's very hard to ask a wild pet to run through an agility or cross country course in order to see what agility and constitution it has. First the pet needs to be tamed and properly trained.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 21:26:14 — Link

We have Pound, any unwanted pet can be sent there.

That doesn't remove them from the game, just your stable. I'm talking site-wide, an overabundance of poor-gened pets no one wants eventually.I can point to any pet sim without death that is over a year old if you need an example of hundreds of pets that no one wants.

Especially as soon as genetic power starts to come into play as people get stronger pets. Literally no reason to waist resources and time on a pet with genes you don't like. I want to be able to delete them, not make them someone else's problem. Same goes for any personal breeding projects that go bad. I want them gone from the game.

That said, after upgrading my stable I understand better your stance on wild pets. If we don't have space, we can just build a larger stable. I see why you've done the wild pets the way you have and the newest change makes sense too.

However I do stand by the ability to release/delete tamed pets, and a reserve where we can store pets we no longer have any use for but want to keep just to look at. I hope you consider it.

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla