Boards < Community < Contests and Giveaways < Snallygaster Custom Skin Contest

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-27 04:07:37 — Link

For this contest you will be creating a cockatrice custom skin. The custom skin is to look like a snallygaster. Don't know what that is?  Here's some pictures to give you a few ideas. You can click on them to go to a larger version. There are many art pieces of them online, these are just my favorite. Why a snallygaster? Because I have many "naked" cockatrice who need to be prettied up.

Image result for snallygaster  

A snallygaster's features are always varied depending on who you talk to. For this snallygaster it should be more cockatrice in appearance than a dragon, and not super bulky or heavy looking. The main feature of the snallygaster however is the tentacles, and so those are a must. The placement and amount of the tentacles varies as well and so you can easily get creative with those. It could have a mane of tentacles or a rooster tail of them, most its body could be covered with them or it could just be a few here and there. There are a lot of ways tentacles can be added in, so go crazy with it.

So what are the prizes? Everyone who submits (and gets accepted) a snallygaster skin will be able to choose pets from The Flea Market. Two pets per skin and you can create multiple skins. The three skins I like the most can win a little more.

Currently in the flea market are many Genetic Power lightning rocs, powerful genetic power level 50 pets for tundra exploration, custom skins, deviants, and fun things like that.

Deadline Information
The deadline is Febuary 29th (two full months) or sooner if enough skins are accepted that my Flea Market is emptied.

At the end of the deadline, or when I no longer have pets in that tab, I will pick out my favorite three.

Your skin must be accepted to be able to be eligible, so prepare accordingly.

If you are wanting to enter your snallygaster skin in the contest post your skin's image here. It can be copied and pasted once submitted to your skins list.

If your skin is rejected then it can not be eligible. This is a contest for custom skins, not just art. It must be able to be applied to a pet.

You can always submit snallygaster skins after the deadline but they will not be eligible for any prize from this contest.

Skin Information

Your skin can be public or private shared to me, whichever you want. If you usually apply fees to your skins you can to this one as well (as long as it is reasonable).

You can create however many skins you like, but to keep it fair only one can be picked for a bonus prize from a single player.

The amount of eyes a custom skin has is not set, it can have zero to hundreds.

The wings can be of any type (feathered, leather, silk) as long as they look like wings. They can also be primitive wings that look like arms with just a few feathers.

Extra Rules (if you wish to go for the extra prize)
It should be a Cockatrice skin.
It should not be goofey/cartoony.
It should have tentacle/s.
Should be atleast somewhat realistic.
Should not use BK base, must be your custom lineart.
Should not be abnoxiously bright, ceizure inducing, or neon colored.
You must be kind and respectful of everyone in the contest.

When you have lineart sketched up you can post it here if you want to call 'dibs' on pets. If you want it to be a surprize/random/don't care either way then you don't need to post lineart. I will have someone who has never played beastkeeper before walk over, point, and say "that one".

Prizes will be given when they can be. It may not be the very second youre ready so please be patient. Everyone has life stuffs to tend to. You will get your new pet/items, I just take some time when sending things over to other players because I do not want to make a mistake.

You can of course make a snallygaster for another species but it will not be able to win a bonus prize.

Updates

(See Below)

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-03 04:08:45 — Link

Updates

I added more pets to the Flea Market and now you can get two pets for each skin.

Many lightning rocs for stick creation have been added along with powerful pets for tackling higher level tundra islands.

Since there is little activity here, you can call 'dibs' on a pet you like at any time. Just make sure there isnt anyone else's name in their profile, that means it is already reserved.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-06 10:19:11 — Link

Is this okay? I've never done site lineart before, so here's an initial sketch ^^: I noted the three eyes and tentacles in its beak, but-?

And I do need some level 50 pets, so might I reserve this guy?

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/628132

Thanks!

Flying is just throwing yourself at the ground and missing

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-06 10:25:01 — Link

It looks great! (How'd you know I like curled tails?) And the roc now has your name on it.

Also you don't have to make it look exactly like the example pictures. Feel free to play around with the design! Afterall a snallygaster's appearence isnt set in stone.

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-06 22:40:11 — Link

Awesome! I'll keep on working on it as soon as I get home :)

I'm a little unsure with exactly how much we're allowed to change the original cockatrice appearance, so I've been trying to be careful. I'll see how I can experiment with tentacles though!

Fair warning I have no idea if it'll be the quality to get accepted or no, but I'll certainly try! ^^ Expect version 2 tonightish

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-06 23:13:26 — Link

As long as it looks like a cockatrice then it should be accepted. Pretty much an over-sized rooster that you don't want to mess with.

• SilverDragon568
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-07 04:52:11 — Link

I play on my tablet, but I don't know any apps that would work for submitting a custom skin. Any chance you know of any So I can enter?

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-07 04:54:51 — Link

I dont own a tablet myself but I know nightingale draws on hers. You can send her a message to find out what she uses.

• Imitatia

Posted at 2016-01-08 02:47:06 — Link

I think that by tablet, they mean the drawing kind. You know, the ones without a screen.

If you're looking for a good quality one that's (fairly) reasonably priced, you should check out the wacom website!

This one is similar to the one I use, it's lasted me almost 2 years and its nice and easy to use.

If you're looking for apps to draw on with a regular tablet, though, I would suggest adobe ideas. It's nice and pretty easy to use, also free. But if you're looking for something a little higher quality, procreate is a great app to use though I do believe it costs around 6 dollars.

Hey everyone!

• Meesh
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-12 23:08:57 — Link

I havne't forgotten this! Just taking a little longer than expected ^^; Digital art is hard! But I promise I'll have something up soon~

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla