kanine

2 votes / 33%
bird

0 votes / 0%
reptile/amphibian

1 votes / 17%
rodent

0 votes / 0%
other (uncomon pets like monkeys or somthing)

0 votes / 0%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• jennahuman
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-01 21:10:11 — Link

im all about cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-01 23:26:11 — Link

I have been waiting for a topic post like this!

I have...

Xaurum, a red tail boa cross. His name means gold (aurum) but I like the sound of Z and the look of X so I put an X at the front. My favorite companion. Nicer than a dog and much cleaner than any pet I have ever had before. He is "house trained", once a week I put him in the shower with the water going and he poops in there if he needs to. I have never had to clean his cage, which is decorated with lots of fabric hammocks, ropes, logs, boxes, shelves, all kinds of neat things for him. It is a rat cage that has been customized for a snake to hold in heat, block out drafts, ect. He has been trained like a chicken to go to his warm hide at night. Everynight when it gets dark and colder, if he is not there already, he will crawl into his box with a heating pad and spend the night. At morning he is usually out when I wake up.

When the days are warm enough I take him out and about with me and he wraps around my neck and holds onto my neckchain with his tail. I do bring a fabric snake bag for him to hide in if he gets stressed. He starts climbing down my arm when he is done being out and wont cam down until I place him in the bag. I take him to public events like street fairs. He is still young so now is the time to socilize him so he gets used to being out in all kinds of places because that is what I want to do with him as he gets older, bigger, and stronger. Even while he is a few feet long people notice him and there are one of two reactions. They gasp, scream, wail, swear, and cross to the other side of the street, or they come up and want to pet him. "It's so smooth!" people are surprized that he isnt slimey. After being out when we get home he gets a quick bath to wash off any germs.

He is the friendlist, calmest pet I have ever had. He sits there and lets me do whatever to him, open his mouth, play with his tail, pluck off stuck shed on his claws and cloaca, wipe dust off his eye caps, he doesnt care. Most snakes draw away when their head is touched, but I can touch his head and he doesnt care at all. I just don't let non-snake knowlagable people touch his head, because it's still one of the only things he can use hurt people with. And who knows, he might be having an off day and decide to bite someone.

A whole mischief of mice. I breed them for coat and color. I currently have an interesting project/experiment going with some of them. You can find that in the offtopic forum section.

A entire plague of rats. I breed them for coat, color, and temperment. Personality wise they are like a cat and a dog together. The ones in my line are like ragdoll cats, as soon as you pick them up they flop over and demand love and petting.

I have a Lounge of geckos. Simple leopard geckos, but wow do they have the best personality and so many colors. So far most of them are named after land before time characters, like petrie (my mack snow) and spike (a high yellow halloween mask). I am breeding for darker colors right now.

A female snake with possible  Charcot's Disease. Her spine is SO bumpy and lumped all the way to her tail. That is how I found her and she was barely able to move. Her diease will be confirmed, or atleast more assured, that she has this disease when I can manage to get her an X-ray. I named her Kink and she currently resides with the younger leo geckos peacefully. She slithers over them, they walk over her, no problems at all. It was so funny, a few days ago Petrie did his greeting type thing to her that he does to the other geckos. He ran full speed at her, stopped dead right infront of her, slowly reached over, licked her, then ran away. I laughed as I saw it happen.

Lastly I have wild decendant guppies. I kind of breed them, they are allowed to just do whatever in their tank. Breed with whoever they want. I have so many now. I occasionally put in some new stock to help prevent inbreeding. They are in my paludarium which houses tree frog on the top, wild guppies at the bottom. Tropical forest type.

I do not like dogs or cats, there are very few exceptions that I do like. I will pet them, but that is about it. They have much too many behavioral problems that I do not want to deal with.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• jennahuman
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-02 00:13:58 — Link

so u would be reptile/amphibian and rodent,rite?

i like to catch lizards and toads and even snakes,and accationally ones with broken bones or sumthing,wich i help

•  

• jennahuman
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-02 00:14:54 — Link

i mite be getting a rosy boa snake soon,to.

•  

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla