Boards < General < Creative < Rekugono;s Art Corner [Needs assistance in Pricing]

Boards

Poll: Which word do you want to be the theme of the next Art Chop?

Wasp

0 votes / 0%
Symbolic

1 votes / 8%
Boutique

0 votes / 0%
Beast (effects species)

3 votes / 23%
Hidden

1 votes / 8%
Beach

2 votes / 15%
Village

0 votes / 0%
Antique

1 votes / 8%
Bell

3 votes / 23%
Justice

2 votes / 15%

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-06 21:39:15 — Link

Ah no Sylviianel it's fine xD you don't have to do that. You can help showing support by simply just feedback and general help :P I really like it when I get some commentary going on instead of just talking to myself xD 

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-06 22:00:25 — Link

You sure? It wouldn't be any trouble on my end.

If you've seen in the Contests and Giveaways subforum I've had a few custom skin giveaways and soon I'm going to start having some showing off skins from a particular artist in each one - so far I have skins by Amnaa and Nightingale planned. If you get enough accepted I could do one featuring you, which would get your skins uses and act as some free advertisement.

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-06 23:48:25 — Link

Oh wow that would be awesome :D I'd be glad to have some of my skins featured on your pets. 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-07 01:44:21 — Link

Here's a really quick accessory mockup for ya to see. Left to right A-C and the bottom one is D. I have the unicorn with a veil for the top 2 and a face veil for the bottom one.  Still working on lines, gonna take a while for that one xD Edit in: this is my current work in progress for the lines [didn't want to double post]

and if anyone is curious as to what I was doing during this time. This is what my browser looks like. All of the tabs minus youtube and beastkeeper are all various references I use to crosscheck if things look correct 

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-07 03:54:03 — Link

Wow I messed up on the date for Art Chop #2 x_X Oh well. Doing Art Chop #3 

The following words (Random number Gen on top 3 words you can choose for as a theme) using http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/random/ for the random numbers 

1.Rainfall

2.Surreal

3.Dancer

4.Iron 

5. Void 

6.Pinweel 

7.Witch 

8.Arcane 

9.Poetry 

10.Cathedral 

Winning words are: 10, 4, 3

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-07 06:27:11 — Link

And some anatomical corrections later this is the linework for the main body 

• Cute But Psycho
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-07 15:20:46 — Link

Username: (name of participant) Cute But Psycho

Default or Line: Custom Lineart

Theme: Iron, Dancer, Cathedral (can be a mix of any of these three or all three) Dancer

Species: (choose what you want here) Puma

Colors: (Choose here, max number 4/5) mindnight blue, silver, maybe a little bit of pink

Description: (anything info you might want to add to help customize the skin to your tastes. Note it must follow the theme of this week. You may also choose Artist's Choice) Maybe the puma in some sort of warrior dance. Like it's paw on a sword and it's spinning or something. I want it very dramatic, but I mostly want to see what you come up with.

Reference Images: (show or list any reference images you'd like used. Highly recommended) http://tfosuccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/The-Feeling-of-Success-Daily-Diary-Storm.jpg Colors like this.

Private or Public: Public

• kittensrule321
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-07 18:45:03 — Link

I like the flower neckalace in c, but I also like the wristbands in a. Can you make wristbands in c?

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-07 21:55:20 — Link

Sure I can do that kittensrule, those mockups are just some examples and you could mix whatever you wanted together. It's just a viable way to show different variations 

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-08 01:27:16 — Link

With this as a desert theme one of the things that comes to mind when I think desert would be the Middle East. I mention this as the face veil in D reminds me of the ones belly dancers or harem girls are often seen wearing, both of which I tend to associate with Saudi Arabia and other similar countries in desert regions. The skin is meant for a female Unicorn so this decorative feminine touch would be appropriate and add a bit of other cultures to the skin.

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-12 10:23:02 — Link

Sorry kittensrule321, been busy this week so I haven't had much time, but I'll probably be able to show you your skin soon

• kittensrule321
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-22 21:05:36 — Link

Any updates?

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-27 05:18:50 — Link

I started classes this week, so I'm going to be able to show you what I have on Friday since I don't have class that day. Sorry for the delay! 

Also Cute But Psycho has won last week's Art Chop. 

• kittensrule321
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-29 15:03:19 — Link

Congrats Cute But Psycho!

• Rekugono
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-29 23:22:21 — Link

Sorry about yesterday, though I should have enough time today. At the moment I'm giving it a basic color scheme that I should be able to show you today, as well as the accessories that I added on. 

Here is a WIP on the base body color. Still need adjustments with the shadows and highlights to make it look more dramatic as well as fixing the flower accessory (which will be done in a nother round of coloring) and colorin in the others. Hopefully you might like the current color scheme, and if you want the colors changed or altered a bit I can do that.

Edit:broken image link removed

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla