Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #47

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-05-25 00:00:39 — Link

Species Competition Event Result

The Young Lord comes out to a public to announce the result. A chubby black puma kitten follows him, trying to catch the tassels on the girdle of its new master. An unusual body build of the kitten reveals that it's not just an ordinary puma - the noble man was ambitious and rich enough to start his pet collection with a baby deviant.

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen! I've been pleasantly surprised by your readiness to help with my humble request. The Warlocks were too kind and provided me with a magic device that allowed me to watch the whole competition with my own eyes. I was deeply impressed by the capabilities of all of the participants. Now I can say for sure that Gryphons and Pumas both make smart, brave and skillful pets. As a noble man, I honor my promises. The Pumas have brought more tokens. I was especially inspired by the performance of Anui - I never expected such courage and intelligence from a pet that looks like a beautiful but useless decoration. I purchased a kitten of the same type to become my first pet - please meet Black Muffin!"

460 Pumas and 392 Gryphons were sent to compete in the Deserted City.

Pumas have won the competiton and will regenerate energy twice as fast for the next 7 days.

Registration for the next exhibition is open!

The Town Council invites Beastlords and their pets talented in literature arts and storytelling to participate in the Fair of Storytellers! The most succesful teams will get valuable prizes.

The theme of this week's exhibition is "The Night of Stories". All pets with enough adventure experience to share (10 or more explores) and a bit of natural talent (one or more of the following dominant genes may take part: Musical beak, Musical larynx, Song of Peace, Second breath, Scholar, Magic mirror, Watchman, Smart, Quickmind) may take part. Please read the full exhibition rules on the exhibition page.

Each participating pet passes a preliminary test upon registration to figure out the skill and the discipline of this pet. Skill value varies from 5 to 10 points. The performance of a pet is calculated as (number of thematic genes x skill).

Your pet will randomly choose one become of of the 5 types of performers: Storyteller, Raconteur, Bard, Poet, Chronicler.

All applied pets will get tags with test results that will be visible in their profiles until the end of exhibition.

Participate in Exhibition

Did you ever think of writing the history of the world yourself instead of being a passive spectator? Now you have a chance to do this! We invite all our players to take part in the writing contest and create a quest event. The winners will see their events become live in the game! Also the authors of the winning event concept will get 50 and unique "Historian" achievement

Learn more and take part

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 01:12:15 — Link

Such an exciting update! I squealed when I read explores and song of peace in the same sentence. I got excited again with the writing contest, and thought of making a vermillion story right away as people seem to struggle to get it and could use a nice boost.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 01:20:47 — Link

I'm more excited about the writing contest than this week's exhibition. I love to write! I've already submitted two possibly quest events. I know it says there can be multiple winners, but does that mean someone can have multiple winning entries?

And I hope it's okay that I posted my entries in two seperate posts. I know there's a double posting rule in the forums but they seemed like something that should be submitted seperately. If it's not okay though I'll edit my last post to include any future submissions.

Edit: 5 entries now XD

Edit #2::

Quote from Angel from the last Writing Contest:: The list of current factions and structures that are mentioned in quests:

• Druids Circle
  • Council of Mages
  • Conclave of Warlocks
  • Selection Academy
  • Trade Federation
  • Association of Gamblers
  • Mechanicians Guild
  • University
  • Town Council
  • Messenger Service
  • Geological Exploration Service
  • Counter-espionage Service
  • Municipal Pound
  • Guard College
  • Sports Association
  • Hunters Guild
  • Order of Knights

• Karakurt
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 01:44:24 — Link

My Anui! :D

I'd love to enter the writting contest, but it may take me a while to be able to focus on it. It's a good thing the deadline is until June

• Skylinne
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 02:04:32 — Link

*looks at all my several recessive Musical Larynx Lykoses and cries*

I'll surely have a go in this writin contest once a good idea comes to mind! Lookin forward to the entries!

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 05:07:59 — Link

Geez Sylviianel, youll win just by sheer numbers! let the rest of us catch up xD

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 05:13:40 — Link

Ahah, well, I doubt the number of entries a user has counts; the quality is what matters. Not sure how many of my ideas fit into what the administration is looking for so I might as well submit them all.

• PortysPride
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 07:38:36 — Link

why isnt the premium feature for this weeks exhibition working?

Hey guys! So I decided to use the signature to help me complete my deviant collection!!!

So these are the deviants Im missing and looking for:

Unicorns - Rocs - Dragons - Pumas

Color Devs:

Black Kite, Black, Cold Gray, Black Bicolor, Brown Bicolor, Gray,  Piebald White, White, Spotted White, Sky-blue, Light-green, Spotted Green, Black, Spotted Black, Silver, Spotted Red, Piebald Silver, Cloudy Leopard, Gray, Silver, Gray Siamese, Pure Black, Blue, Cream, Siamese, Apricot, Pastel Siamese, Lilac, Snow Leopard, Dilute White, White Siamese

Pattern Devs:

Black Bicolor, Montagus Harrier, Gray, White Gryphalcon, White, Dilute White, Striped Blue, Blue, Sky-blue, Spotted Blue, Striped Green, Black, Silver, Spotted Black,  Red, Piebald Red, Striped Silver, Silver, Piebald Silver, Spotted SilverGray Tiger, Cloudy Leopard, Silver, Blue, Red Leopard, Siamese, Yellow Tiger, Leopard, Apricot, Brown Tiger, Brown Cloudy Leopard, Brown, White Tiger, White, Dilute White, White Siamese

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 08:32:27 — Link

PortysPride, I wondered the same thing and so far I have come with the thought of because there are different types. Like storyteller and bard, it wouldnt really work to rank it with each one of the best types or to just rank it by points.

Maybe Angel has an answer for you.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 14:10:35 — Link

The news post introducing the feature said that it wouldn't be usable for exhibitions with random factors. It's very annoying especially if the random values don't show until a pet is entered.

Breeder of trash deviants

• hollahollaget_$
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 19:53:57 — Link

I'm having trouble with entering pets. None of my pets with musical beak, song of peace, or magic mirror are able to join. 

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 20:48:22 — Link

@hollahollaget_$ :: Only pets with one or more dominant thematic genes and 10 or more explored islands are allowed to participate in this exhibition. Thematic genes include following: Musical beak, Musical larynx, Song of Peace, Second breath, Scholar, Magic mirror, Watchman, Smart, Quickmind.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-05-26 22:51:17 — Link

Woo! I like this! I'm so glad we are doing another "user submission" one. I think more of these would be great. 

Whatever happened to the Beastkeeper writers? Can we revive this position? I know we recently had a request here: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/6968

It would be neat to tie in all of these quests to the "world". 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• emeraldwolfgirl
  • User

Posted at 2015-06-20 00:49:05 — Link

Glad he found a pet

Don't worry about failures, worry about what you miss when you don't try.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla