It could be useful

1 votes / 11%
Not needed

1 votes / 11%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-08 00:45:47 — Link

As of right now you can organize custom skins by gold/silver fee, date added, and the skin and author's name in alphabetical order. You can limit the skins to ones with certain colors, look at just a particular species, and use the search to look for skins with a specific tag or search a user's name to see their skins. You can also organize the skins by how many uses they have. When put in descending order, you see the skins with the most uses first and it gradually goes down until you get to the ones with 0 uses, which there are a lot of. My suggestion is another way of organizing skins.

Sometimes users can have difficulty acquiring a rainbow jar to use a skin they like, or they don't have a pet they deem worthy of giving a custom skin to. In that case, the skin goes unused. I've recently gotten into submitting skins and seeing them with no uses can be a bit of a downer as it can make you question if your skin was any good or not. I think implementing a system for "liking" skins would be a good way to fix that. Users can click to show they like the skins, and the number of likes each skin has can be shown like the uses. Skins can then be searched for by the number of likes they have. This will also be able to show what kind of skins are popular amongst the BK community and give new artists an idea of what would be appropriate for their own skins while artists who have accepted skins can see that their work is being appreciated even if it hasn't been used.

Thoughts on this? Comments? Post and Vote!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-04-08 00:54:29 — Link

Oh, I agree! This would be wonderful :) I love seeing my art be appreciated. It would be nice if there were a spot for feedback. Perhaps filtered by the artist (before it is public) so as to avoid super negative ones.

I would also like to suggest a link on a players profile 'View Custom Skins by this User'. :) Clicking them could bring the person to the skins list and they could apply it to a pet from there.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-09 09:32:36 — Link

From your idea I thought of a star rating system, like the typical five star. Players can click however many stars they give it...though now typing it out I realize some jerk could come along and hit 0 stars just because they feel like making someone feel bad. A like type system would be better, and useful so players who submit skins know what is popular and what is not.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-17 10:18:38 — Link

I like Monues idea! It would be wonderful!

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-17 10:31:27 — Link

Monues's idea is my idea, Rising_Phoenix.... a like system. I had already taken into consideration the possibility of a rating system but, as Monues said, people can troll that. Which is why my suggestion was to implement a system where skins could be liked. There isn't any negativite choice with that as there wouldn't be a dislike option or low rating. It would just be a way for users to show their appreciation to the artists in the BK community.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla