Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #41

Boards

• Abrota
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 01:55:44 — Link

So if I want to buy a pet from the sales, how do I know if it's been neutered?

• chloegirl17
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 03:51:46 — Link

i didn't really mean hoarding but.....i can't really explain it

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-31 03:56:26 — Link

@Chloegirl- I'm confused then? Custom skinned pets are fairly easy to aquire. Is there something we can do to help?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 06:00:12 — Link

I would now like to say that what I was saying could happen, has happened. The user Indiana is in second now and has used the same exact skins as Duh, the first place holder.

Edit:: Lorry14 is in 3rd place and is using 3 of the same skins as Duh. VitteBitte, 7th, is using 2 of them. I don't think it will be long until those skins start dominating the entire exhibition.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-03-31 12:06:32 — Link

Sylviianel, I see what you mean now. Sorry, first time I thought that you were talking about using the same skin within one roster. For the current situation we can add a modifier that alters the value of skin depending on how many times this skin was applied to exhibition. This should deal with this situation.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-31 16:47:01 — Link

Thank you! I had also noticed many people were starting to use the same skins to rank higher. 

This has been great for my skin buisness (That sounds so weird). Keep on using 'em people! Making more every day! 

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 17:30:56 — Link

Angel, I do not want to come off as being rude by saying this, but honestly I do not think that is a good fix. It doesn't seem fair to me. And sadly I regret to say that I have yet to come up with a suitable fix myself. I've been thinking about it, but as I mentioned to Nightingale this doesn't seem like something that would be as simple as removing Kamis like with Blue Blood due to the nature of skins. Duh is now in 6th place. Why should they be punished with the drop in score when it was others who were copying them?

I was excited to see a custom skin exhibition, but it's sad to see now that the integrity of it has been compromised by people copying the skins of higher entries. While something should have been done to stop it, and in my personal opinion I believe someting else should be done still, making changes also has a bit of a downside. Yes Indiana and the others shouldn't have used the same skins Duh used, but they did need to use the Rainbow Jars needed to apply the skins; now the use of those jars for skins to be used specifically for this exhibition was essentially a waste. Does that make any sense?

Another problem I see with skins losing value the more they are submitted is that some people can be entering the same skins simply by coincidence because those are the only skins they have and they had them before the exhibition started.

• Braveheart1616
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 17:49:18 — Link

Good point sylvii. 

Angel, will there be symbol to show in the place where you see the pets name and gender in the pound weather or not its infertile or not. I think there should be, cause alot of begginer keepers Go to the  pound to find pets and if they end up picking one that's infertile it would have been a bit wastefull for them. Not that the infertility serum was a bad idea but there should be a symbol so people know.  Like i know when i first started i found alot of pets in the pound and i used them for breeding. and know one really wants to name ther pet infertile. Just like nobody really wants to name there pets DEG_1. I just think the symbol in the pound would help

ohauna means family, and no family gets left behind- lilo and stich

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 18:08:05 — Link

I can think of a possible solution but it would require running the custom skin exhibitions a bit differently than the others.

Players would be notified the week before the custom exhibition starts so there's plenty of time to apply skins but any pets that are given a custom skin after the exhibition starts would be inelegible. This way people can't just copy high value skins.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-03-31 23:22:21 — Link

Sylviianel, unfortunately there's no other way to control roster copying which is a major exploit. It's not unfair but it's different from what we had initially.  Duh is on the 6th place not because their roster was copied almost exactly two times but because some of the skins there are popular on the exhibition overall having 6-7 copies.Currently players need to take into account not only the color and species but also the number of such skins on exhibition, so the approach for choosing skins should be different than it was on the first day. Probably we should extend this exhibition by one day to compensate this.

Braveheart1616, there's already a filter for neutered pets in search, and they are marked in all tiled pet lists like the one in pound. Neuter is basically a third sex along with male and female, and it works the same way with two initial sexes when it comes to interface.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-31 23:50:57 — Link

I want to see someone use my all my Nordic Lykos and see what rank they have. :P I am so curious. I may do it myself, if I can round up some nice ones! Liandralithe is pretty close! 

• Braveheart1616
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-01 16:24:33 — Link

@Angel, thanks i didnt know that there was already a filter. Good to know now. 

@Nightingale you should definitly try to do it. It would be almost like a squad of coustum skins. I was thinking of doing one a while ago (just in general, no exibition) but i figure its going to take some time.

ohauna means family, and no family gets left behind- lilo and stich

• Duh
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-06 14:22:26 — Link

Last few days I didn't play the game, because I feel really dejected.

I take part in one competition,  climb up to the top (for a first time) and then suddenly I wake up in the middle of a DIFFERENT competition with DIFFERENT rules.

According to new rules I get punished for something that is not my fault (or any participant fault)! But even without that I was a winner in an Exhibition, that just vanish! One more day to take part of the NEW exhibition don't fill like a fair compensation!

I withdraw from current Exhibition, and will wait for fair decision about the Exhibition in which i was in first place!

Р. S. Many thanks to Sylviianel and other people in this forum for support!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-06 17:27:52 — Link

Duh, I'm sorry that you feel that way. This is very unpleasant situation for our small team. Although this the only way to make the exhibition fair. Please understand that literally any player was able to take pets that are just a bit better than yours (1 stat point is enough) and overcome you. One player has already did this while we were recoding the logic, and they withdrawn their roster at once after this. Without this update it was a matter of a couple of hours for the new "leaders" to take top 5. The exploit was found in the early morning for the majority of the playerbase, and they didn't have any chance to use it before it was fixed. It was a different exhibition from the very begininnig, and the main point gainers were pet characteristics and GP3 for all pets due to the exploit. The skins didn't play any role at all after the exploit was found. You won't be a winner by the end of the exhibition without running a constant competition for better pets with any variant of rules, and you weren't able to do this because you were offline for this whole period. Winning day 1 doesn't mean winning the exhibition.

I'm sorry for our failure at day 1 once more. Is there anything that we can do to make you feel better about this?

• Murkka
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-06 22:53:59 — Link

"Please understand that literally any player was able to take pets that are just a bit better than yours (1 stat point is enough) and overcome you."

Maybe, but I was not defeated, in fact i was disqualified. Or at least i feel like that.

"Is there anything that we can do to make you feel better about this?"

I'm not the one to decide that...

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla