Boards < Community < Contests and Giveaways < Dysautonomia Awareness: POTS Lykos Raffle [Winners Drawn!]

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-07 08:32:05 — Link

http://oi62.tinypic.com/ih5yio.jpg

Hello and Welcome to yet another of my custom skin raffles! This giveaway is a bit more personal as the conditon, Postural Orthostatic Tachydardia Syndrome, or POTS for short, is one I have lived with for the past 3 ½ years. That is why I commissioned this skin special from Nightingale -many thanks are extended to her for doing such an amazing job- and I'd like to use this as an oppurtunity to teach others about the condition.

POTS is an autonomic nervous system disorder, meaning it affects pretty much every part of your body that you don't have to consciously monitor yourself. That includes your heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, and more. Symptoms of this include an increase in your heart rate upon standing and a drop of blood pressure during this as well, resulting in dizziness and in more severe cases passing out. Other symptoms are blurred vision/seeing spots, nausea, headaches/migraines, poor circulation, breathing issues, low blood volume, fatigue, lightheadedness, an intolerence for exercise, and the list goes on...

Funny how that works; with this condition exercise is one of the things that makes you feel the worst, but in the long run it will be the thing that helps you feel better. Along with getting exercise when able to tolerate it POTS patients are meant to drink at least 2-3 liters of water/gatorade (or G2 since it has less sugar) a day due to the low blood volume and have high salt diets. To avoid falling when standing from the dizziness it is recommended to change positions slowly, laying to sitting/sitting to standing, to give your body time to adjust.

The custom skin includes a couple of POTS-related elements. The little derp as I call him is upside down, which for POTS can be a pretty big no-no considering it can leave you feeling dizzy and lightheaded. The ribbon he is tangled in, along with the armband with the traditional awareness ribbon, is blue for dysautonomia. The two Lykos I will be giving away have the skin applied to them. Both are GP2 with 0 Negative genes and all of their breedings.

First Place - female Lykos with Dysautonomia Awareness, skin by Nightingale
Won by: emmie1977
Nameless

Second Place - male Lykos with Dysautonomia Awareness, skin by Nightingale
Won by: daisy2944

Nameless

To Enter the Raffle::

Anyone can join this raffle, so feel free to enter!

1. I'm changing this from now on for this and my future giveaways - you don't need to post a pet's page to join. It's too much to keep track of everyone's numbers when I go to submit them in the random generator. To enter simply post here saying you want to join.

2. Step one is the only real step to join, this here is more of a condition. If you're entering make sure you have the stable space required to accept the pet in case you win. If you do win I would like for you to keep the pet for at least a week before trading/getting rid of it. Fair enough? I'll be using the links in the pictures above to check in on the pets to make sure they're where they belong for a week, but after that you can do with them as you wish. Fair enough?

** If you win and do not have the stable space I will send you a PM asking you to make room. If a spot has not been cleared within 24 hours I will redraw and a new winner will be named.  **

Bonus::
Nightingale made another skin for the members Khaliefox and Capture-the-Night who had a recent loss in their family; I send my condolences to them. The bonus in this giveaway goes as a shout out to them and their lost loved one. The ribbon around the unicorn's horn is for Lung Cancer Awareness.

Bonus Prize - Nightingale's Remembrance, skin by Nightingale
Won by: Karakurt

• Cute But Psycho
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-07 16:14:54 — Link

I'd like to enter!

• NyanGirl1313
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-07 16:25:51 — Link

I would like to join!

-NyanGirl1313

"She was like the moon, part of her was always hidden" 

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-07 20:12:21 — Link

I'd like to join

(hugs) to all those suffering from this and any other long term illness

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-07 20:59:32 — Link

I wish to join in this raffle.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Dobby
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-08 17:48:27 — Link

I'll join as well. :)

• puddlesdog7116
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-08 18:54:36 — Link

I'd like to join.

• Braveheart1616
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-08 23:22:29 — Link

I'd love to join

i think its awesome that you doing this raffle to bring awareness of pots and lung cancer, etc.

ohauna means family, and no family gets left behind- lilo and stich

• The_Unforgiven_II
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-09 02:19:26 — Link

Lovely! I will join

• Oddora
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-09 06:38:43 — Link

I would like to join.

Thank you for sharing and informing us of POTS.I never heard of it before.

So sorry for the family that lost a loved one.

Another Awesome Pet Site![url=https://www.xanje.com/register?refer=oddora][img]https://media.xanje.com/referral/referral-mwolo1.png[/img][/url]

• Oracion
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-10 03:46:00 — Link

Interesting.

I'd like to join! 

Après moi, le déluge.

• Poisonswork
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-12 05:23:47 — Link

won't lie. those skins look amazing. enter me into this!!!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-12 15:46:06 — Link

*Blush* I'm glad people like you are doing such nice things :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Koden
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-12 20:33:46 — Link

I'd like to join :)

Personally Bred By Koden

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-13 03:29:48 — Link

I'll join!

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »