Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #12: Desert biotope

Boards

• WitchWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 23:05:57 — Link

I might be wrong about the whole gene-donation thingie getting less popular as the time goes by. Just my first opinion on the whole thing, is all. I can well see how it's fun for many people so far. For my part, I'll keep most of my females away from it anyway, but will try to donate only my good males to the fertility programme.

Anyways, still waiting to hear what will become of the food golems now? More to the point, now that they can be srafted using the new food types, will their descriptions/artwork change?

It's  not really all that important - I'm merely curious.

• Drav
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 09:04:59 — Link

The number of avalable breedings on my females did not change after using the fertility shrine. Bug? 

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 20:11:52 — Link

Hm I'm wondering that too.. Now this female has a child but still 0/22 available breedings. If this is working as intended it would actually be a cool way to get additional breedings out of females you already used all the bredings for. And it would reduce the risk in actually using your females. If it doesn't work out as you wanted, no harm done, you still have all the breedings. But is this actually what the devs thought or is it a bug?

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 21:39:04 — Link

I hope is intended since that way no one have to fear the breeding will be "wasted" if their female gets pair with a male with poor genepool.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2014-04-18 21:40:41 — Link

Breedings through Fertility Shrine do not use exhaust breeding limit, and they exclude degeneration breeding and potentially negative mutations in future. The network of Shrines is one more piece left from the times of Europa colonization when people were concerned by ill and mutated offsprings that appeared because of the constant inbreedings and external mutation sources like aggressive DNA exchanging bacterias and failed biotech experiments. Fertility Shrines were created to maintain the purity of genetic code of all species and support both males and females who decided to give a birth to a healthy child conceived from someone that you don't know instead of producing poor ill children from the partners that they have chosen in real life. It was extremely important for the survival of species to support parents who participate in this program and  to give them possibility to produce as many offsprings as possible.

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 21:54:24 — Link

Nice to know is intended, that way no one have worry about using breedings.

By the way, I got this little girl from a shrine breeding http://beastkeeper.com/pet/249345, she's amazing.

But not so great babies can still come with a shrine breeding http://beastkeeper.com/pet/249348

• Drav
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-18 22:59:30 — Link

Since shrine breedings don't use up the breeding limit, I think I'll use them more often! It seems fun.

• Shizune0715
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-19 21:58:45 — Link

The golems use the new materials though the art and descriptions haven't changed yet.

Also, out of the I don't know... around 10 or so babies from the fertility shrine, I only got 1 with nice genes... anyone got any luck with it?

And do tell me if you get one of my pets as a dad xD

Unstable internet connection for Christmas. Please pardon my delayed responses.

• SAERider
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-19 22:05:38 — Link

Two of the three fertility shrine babies I've gotten are pretty good. Not sure about the third as its not born yet.

So far a lovely Uni from one of Nightingale's http://beastkeeper.com/pet/249641

And a Dragon http://beastkeeper.com/pet/249646 from Icicle.

I am rather curious about the food golem issue too, how will those change?

PMing me is (usually) the fastest way to get my attention.

• EpicOnyxNinja
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-19 22:35:20 — Link

I am donating genetic material in the Fertility Shrines from my males. Tell me if you get one of my pets as a father. :)

~EpicOnyxNinja

• S.the.Unicorn
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-20 02:42:51 — Link

I second the above. XXDD

Ive donated the genes of some of my best males with regeneration ane all that jazz. ;)

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-04-20 05:22:52 — Link

SAERider- That came out amazing! I'm glad you got something good from her. :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• SAERider
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-20 06:10:04 — Link

@Nightingale: :)

PMing me is (usually) the fastest way to get my attention.

• Merion
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-21 05:52:43 — Link

I have a question, please. I picked up 30 sand in the first day or two of the event, and traded it for a Throdama, and had one sand leftover, and haven't seen another sand pile since. This has been over two days, I think, and many islands with my best pets. I was wondering if anyone else has had a 'sandless streak' over multiple islands, or if something might be wrong? I've been on both Firefox and Chrome. Thanks. :)

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-21 09:30:40 — Link

Lucky you for being able to get 30 in the first two days, I haven't even gotten half of that.

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla