Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #12: Desert biotope

Boards

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 03:42:47 — Link

So, while it initially seems like a really cool idea, I don't think it'll be really popular in the long run.

I disagree. Sure, it's a gamble and if it's a prized pet of yours you will probably not want to waste one of her precious breedings for a random chance. However, you get free 10 Vermillion for it and it's just as likely that you get the genes of a really great male. So it's a game. It's just like Mutagens - and lots of people love using those just for the chance at a new gene. I think especially newer players will jump at the possibility that they may breed their not-so-great females to some possibly great males! And personally I think it's fun. I will not use my most prized females but I have lots of others that I'd breed in there.

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 03:46:13 — Link

More island prowling, not sure how much I'll get done doing this event.

How do we even get the sand, just by walking around or dowe need to defeat monsters?

• Imitatia

Posted at 2014-04-17 05:04:18 — Link

The sand should appear on the desert islands, just like any other items do. But they show up as white specks and are pretty hard to see.

Got this cute baby from the genetics researching thingy. *squeals happily*

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/247756

Hey everyone!

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 06:52:26 — Link

@Witchwolf

yeah I see what you mean, but on bright side, more pets for portal, which means more energy flow cards for exploring, lmao XD

and...vermillion, I went from 10 to 500 vermillion XD

lol, I like how I am more focused on donating to the genetic thing that the glittering sand.....eh, probably cause my computer screen sucks and I can't find any, lmao XD

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Shizune0715
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 07:00:01 — Link

I have yet to get cursed by the pyramids thankfully.

And just donated some of my prized GP2 counterstrike male puma's genes without realizing xD

Oh well

And yea, this is a good opportunity for newer players or those with small gene pools to get some good genes. Its a gamble but oh well, it makes it more fun.

Unstable internet connection for Christmas. Please pardon my delayed responses.

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 10:45:57 — Link

Just as white spec, oh my poor eyesight.

• TigerSpirit
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 10:55:36 — Link

Thanks for the answer chinacup :).I'll keep an eye on those fertility shrines.

• TigerSpirit
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 11:57:33 — Link

By the way,I got 10 Glittering Sands,and I put many of my males to the fertility shrine.My GP1 Dragon,my GP1 and GP2 Unicorns,my GP1 Pumas....

Anyway,tell me if your beast got a baby with one of males.It would be interesting to see their evolution.

P.S: And congrats Imitatia,that baby unicorn is soo cute :)

I wish I could have that color too XD

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 13:38:30 — Link

I haven't found any sand yet, won't surprise me if I've actually missed it since if is just white spec on the map the chance is very high that I can't see it. :(

• S.the.Unicorn
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 16:24:36 — Link

Just stomp on every square on that island if you can't see the sand. :3 Works for me. XD

one of my females just got impregnanted by this awesome GP 2 male. :D Happy now. XD

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-04-17 17:30:56 — Link

I am going to explore so much in class. o.0. Someone stop me. I should be focusing! :P

I rather like the breeding program. I'm excited to see what I might get!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 17:31:46 — Link

meep meep, shout if you get my pets as a father...

and erm yay...i'm going to be a...father???

^^that sounded...weird,lol

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• CheesecakeMist
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 21:21:50 — Link

This is awesome. I collected Sea Lettuce. And reptile eggs! The DNA donation egg confuses me though. I gave it the DNA of one of my males, so he's going to breeding with a random female? 

I guess tell me if this guy: http://beastkeeper.com/pet/150214 is the father. :)

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 21:29:58 — Link

Omg, offsprings of my war unicorn parents are everywhere XD

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2014-04-17 22:04:09 — Link

I've only managed to have one of my female become pregnant with a male that acctually fit her genes to my liking. All the other are just meh and one just makes me scream on the inside.

But is still intersting to see which males the game picks each time I hit yes.

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla