Posted at 2014-02-03 01:04:43 — Link
Below is a list the features and updates that were suggested multiple times but won't be accepted because of the game specifics. Please check this list in order to save your time and not to suggest a thing that will be refused anyways.
- Pound changes. Pound serves the purpose to provide random free pets and give an ability to clear some place in stables. It’s not a place where a player can "shop" for good pets for free. There are auctions and breeding to get the pet that meets all of the player's demands.
- Pet overpopulation problem. We don't have such term here. Europa has enough resources and place for a lot more Beastlords and their pets. We are fine with as many pets as players want to breed.
- Free pet renaming. Pets get attached to their name. In real life, you can’t call a cat first day “Molly”, next day “GP2 Int100+ Berserker” and third day “Terrible Nightshade”. Your pet will just ignore all this words that doesn’t mean anything to it and won't obey you because of this. Although you're welcome to suggest a system to track your breeding projects without multiple renaming.
- More colors without any concept and logic behind them. BeastKeeper is not a pet collecting game. New pet color is not just an additional image; every pet has a set of genes, and four of them are responsible for color. It's impossible to add more colors without rebuilding the whole genetics system. If you think that there should be more different pet colors, instead of suggesting the colors themselves you need to suggest a balanced and consistent system that will allow to integrate new colors to the existing diversity.
- New species by simply naming it. "Let's have a pegasus" or "I like manticores, please add them!" won't work. Of course, visual part plays a big role but images alone don't make a new species. Please suggest a full concept of a new creature including genetics, abilities, rarity, species specific mechanics etc.
- Balance altering features for premium users. Like shortened time of pregnancy, taming and childhood, free monthly power-ups etc. Premium users get nice interface and time-saving improvements for their contribution, but they won't have any balance advantages comparing to the players who do not have the premium subscription. We're extremely grateful for your support that helps BeastKeeper to maintain the current needs and develop new features, but this game isn't a "pay-to-win".
- Reduced time for energy regeneration, pregnancy, taming etc. Current time cycles are adjusted to provide a fair balance for all types of players. Reducing the cycles will become a source of a drastic gap between players who spend a lot of time in the game and those who have only 20-30 minutes for game daily. Planning plays bigger role than grinding, and we want to leave it as it is.
Thank you for reading!