Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < new animal!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-17 03:09:12 — Link

why dont we have a flying snake? i came up with it and i call it a spirios

Myrtlecedar305 <3

If a kid was beating a dog with a bat, 49% would stop and stare, and 50% would walk away. I am the 1% who would grab the bat and beat the kid.

92% of the girls would cry if Justin Bieber fell off a cliff and died. 7% of the girls would scream and jump off the cliff after him. 1% of the girls would have been the ones who pushed him off the cliff. Put this on your signature if you were the 1% that pushed him off.

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-17 05:02:31 — Link

Ehhh... Like the idea of more species, but I'm not too big on the winged serpents. Maybe something like a kirin, caricorn, hydra, or kraken? I mean, considering the floodedness of the world, you'd think there'd be an aquatic or at least amphibeous pet somewhere in the mix... 

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-17 20:11:21 — Link

Yeah, it seems so obvious there should be an aquatic pet! :D But then.. how would it explore islands? ;)

I killed the thread.

• Peace123
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-17 23:57:58 — Link

They could explore the waters. :)

"Most friends come and go. Some friends leave when your life gets too tough. And others come when your life is at it's best. But it's those friends who come in the middle of your life, and stay at both your highs and lows, that are the truest of friends."

Tori River

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-10-18 04:20:26 — Link

Thanks for suggestions. Just to keep the heads up: we were considering adding an aquatic pet but the total new explore for it made this task a lot more complex and time-consuming than just adding a new on-land species, so it was setted aside for the current time.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-18 04:29:33 — Link

Perhaps... just keep the same explore system for water pets, except direct land images = water, and water images = rock. Say that these aquatic pets are exploring recently discovered underwater caves or cave systems that have become flooded for some reason.

Maybe certain items can only be discovered underwater.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-18 05:47:19 — Link

thanks! i honestly came up with this with snocone2! she breeds symurghs

Myrtlecedar305 <3

If a kid was beating a dog with a bat, 49% would stop and stare, and 50% would walk away. I am the 1% who would grab the bat and beat the kid.

92% of the girls would cry if Justin Bieber fell off a cliff and died. 7% of the girls would scream and jump off the cliff after him. 1% of the girls would have been the ones who pushed him off the cliff. Put this on your signature if you were the 1% that pushed him off.

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-18 05:49:56 — Link

a spirios is a lot like a chinese dragon and we should have a thunderbird that is all gray and causes thunderstorms!

Myrtlecedar305 <3

• drak
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-18 07:16:28 — Link

Rocs are thunderbirds ;)

I killed the thread.

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-19 01:16:49 — Link

Winged and feathered serpents (they have no official general name that I can find, but they have already been thought up) are nothing like Chinese dragons. While Chinese dragons can be considered "serpentine" because of the elongated body, they are not snake-like by any measure aside from the length and flexibility of their bodies. They tend to have four or more legs, often lack wings, and have a head that is a sort of cross between a lion and a crocodile with antlers. Winged serpents, on the other hand, are snakes with extra features added on, such as up to three pairs of wings (and some cultures have feathered serpents without wings). King Tut had images and statues of winged serpents guarding his tomb, the native american tribes had a number of spirits and dieties in the form of flying feathered serpents (with or without wings), Neopets calls them Hissis, and RPG systems like D&D have winged serpents within their monster manuals. 

If you want to call winged serpents spirios, fine, but that's a name suggestion. If you want to invent a creature of your own and call it a spirios, fine, but you should probably have a more in-depth description than "flying snake" or "like a chinese dragon" as both of those have already been invented. You might have been unaware of winged serpent mythology before this, and it is an interesting creature to suggest for this game (not my personal favorite, but still a good idea overall), but it's still not an original concept.

I am curious though, what did you think rocs were, if not thunderbirds? A giant bird with control over lightning by any other name...

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-19 02:21:12 — Link

hey i like the depth you take this to but i didnt really think of that

Myrtlecedar305 <3

• ObiKemnebi
  • User

Posted at 2013-10-19 07:39:33 — Link

I'm a perfectionist, heh. Also, I really enjoy digging into the mythology and evolutionary reasoning behind various creatures :)

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-06 04:43:13 — Link

I do to, but I am very young and impulsive and miss many intrecate things.

Myrtlecedar305 <3

• Snocone2
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-06 05:34:33 — Link

i like the idea of having an aquatic animal it could be like islands but with land surrounding a body of water

• myrtlecedar305
  • User

Posted at 2013-11-08 02:34:38 — Link

Cool ideas, but isn't this a little hasty?

Myrtlecedar305 <3

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla