Boards < General < General Chat < How do you organize your stables?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 22:22:33 — Link

So, I'm having a huge headache right now, trying to find a way to organize all my birds in a way that not only can I quickly find them, but that I don't remain ignorant to potential matches among my own stock.

I only breed one species, so I'm inclined to sort by genetics and breeding plans rather than species. I thought it would be easy at first if I just separated my color breedings, my counterstrike breedings and my acid spit breedings and a fourth group for really nice recessive breeders that I can use to add new blood without losing genetic quality.

But now it's come to where I'm trying to breed to tie things together, and now everyone has a little bit of everything. I'm totally lost as to how to organize myself. I've gone through my stables a lot these past few days, trying to weed through and berid of pets that I just don't feel are comparable to my other birds. I've only ditched maybe 20 individuals ._.

So I figure it'd be a neat conversation point to come out and ask - How do you organize your stables?

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 23:03:44 — Link

The plan: Communal taming/baby area, the rest split by species, one tab of pets that get trained to 50. One tab for sales. New temperary tabs to collect individuals of similar genes.

Actually: 
Baby area for the pets I can't automatically catagorize
Birds species tab: Reject birds that I don't want to send off just yet
Sales: Grown babies that I still haven't catagorized

Temp tabs aren't temporary at all - The ones that get outclassed go to the birds tab and get prepared for their trip to the reserve the next time I need more space.

Training to 50 tab for all the best pets - The ones that get outclassed here go back to their temp tabs.

Pets that belong to multiple temp tabs are usually together in my training area anyways - But I stick notes on their profiles too.

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• L130053
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-24 12:31:37 — Link

Generally what/with what I am going to do with them. One's I'm keeping, or (very briefly) unsorted, are in No Group.

Isolation Wing is for taming captured pets. From there, if their stats are too red, they will go to the Service Branch group (to be sent immediately or in the coming days, 5-per-day-cap fml...).

Tamed pets with mixed genes go to the pound for newbies, so they don't have a group. Getting 1k for unwanteds is fun + Don't want to flood the pound with pets that will "never be adopted".

If I find/capture a pet with good (mainly green) stats, straight to the Laboratory and there it stays until fully researched > To No Group.

Baby pets will find themselves within the Hatchery group > Laboratory > No Group.

Market/sale is pretty self explanatory. I don't think I will be breeding too extensively, so I don't have any separate groups/tabs for now.

If sometime in the future=massive breeding projects=I'll probably name the groups A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3 etc etc...

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-24 19:36:15 — Link

Sounds like you have a complicated sorting problem. I'm not going that crazy with breedings yet, so I don't have any advice there.

What I do right now:

No Group > Being Tamed
Project: Green Stats > Breeding to have Hitpoints, Bite, Rush and Blow all boosted.
Breeding Grounds > Pets that have nice recessives or that I'm only keeping to breed, not necessarily level.
Explorer's Guild > Pets with Acute Eyesight that I used to explore islands.
Fight Club > Pets I am leveling with autobattle.
Quest & Craft, Inc. > Pets I use for quests and crafting.
Genealogist's Lab > To research
Portal Agents > To pound/state branch
BnL: Sales > Regular sales
BnL: Wild Sales > Wild pet sales

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-25 06:06:31 — Link

It would be so nice to be able to search within our stables.... It could solve lots of our headaches. Or be able to sort things in multiple groups.

If names weren't so permanant then it would be nice to be able to name them by their groups. I mean if you don't mind the name then you can do that to help sort...

I personally have a master spreadsheet with all of pets on them and what I want to use them for. :P

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Shaetani
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-28 06:53:55 — Link

No Group - mainly taming

Roc Males - roc males that are either all black stats or better (Included are mixes with both green and red) <- sort of my 'to level' group

Roc Females - same as above except females

Red Rocs - rocs that have no green stats and at least one red... some I want to research their hidden stats before deciding if I state portal them or not

GP + - any rocs with genetic power of 1 or higher

Also I've taken to coding in their names...

rocs with a W after the name are wild caught (as in I can breed them without worrying about inbreeding)

rocs with a #g#r where # = the amount of stats with that color, so 2g2r would be 2 green stats, 2 red stats.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 01:30:31 — Link

At this point I'm thinking about trying to figure out how to make a personal database that I can use to store individuals' information and use it to compare to other individuals using more than just two genetic parameters. 3+ would be nice.

Cross referencing multiple sets of two traits at a time to make sure you find the right breeding partner and then having to check individually for inbreeding issues is very time consuming - for my active projects it's not uncommon for me to spend at least an hour or two to chase down males for my handful of breeding females.

This point my stables are set up like the following:

No group: To be sorted/ non-breeding "pet" pets. Collected skins and etc.

Silver Sanctuary: Silver-dominant cockatrice

Counterstrike college: Counterstrike enabled individuals.

Paragon Project: Carriers who have genes from more than one gene combo.

Acid Academy: Acid Spit enabled individuals.

Recessive Breeders: 5-6+ desired recessives

Light bones: self explanatory. Lightbones individuals.

Holding Pen: Pets I'm setting aside for trades/payments.

Taming: Self-explanatory. Pets with 2+ red stats will be portalled.

Quarantine: My holding pattern for research.

Sale Barn: Cockatrice I don't want or wildlings that have less than two red stats.

Bargain bin: Portal que.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-29 06:48:21 — Link

I take back everything I said earlier...

I don't.... I give up... My stable is a mess. I have too many projects going on. It's sorted by species but now that I'm more specialized I need more groups.. but some I want to put in multiple groups. This is so hard. I'm sticking with my offline master list. o.0

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 21:03:58 — Link

It's running into a problem I think because there are so few players. ordinarily I could see keeping a few prize individuals to breed with and breeding out to other players for new blood. But with so few players, specialized breeders are having to rely heavily on the organization tools to manage their own stock to not only keep track of new blood/inbreeding, but good genetic pairings as well.

i don't think that with the existing tools it's really feasible unless you resort to some manner of third-party outside source to manage your breeding individuals. It's really turning into a crazy hassle, even for premium interfaces.

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-05 16:33:27 — Link

Currently my stable sorting looks like this, but I'll have to reorganize soon since my dragons are start to take up quite a lot of space.

No Group - All my dragons, 2 pages of dragon

Cockatrices - All cockatrices I plan on keeping go here

Griffins - Same as with the cocktrice tab just griffins

Pumas - Same as the two above just Pumas

Babies - Baby holding pen

Taming - Wild holding pen

Sales - All pets I wanna sell end up here

Pretty simple way to organize but is not enough any more, at least not when it comes to my huge collection of dragons.

• L130053
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-06 16:11:34 — Link

Reflecting Zenith's dilema, I have suddenly found myself with BABIES AND BREEDING AND LINEAGES EVERYWHERE and I have no idea how to organise them now. I'm trying very hard to keep certain "lines" separate, so that they may breed in later, with no chance of relatives sneaking up in there. I dislike having too many group tabs, so this is becoming a bit of an issue. I think I may be wading through water already.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla