Boards < General < General Chat < leveling

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 21:33:33 — Link

hello everyone i was wondering on how some of you level your pets up to level 50.

In the end i'm only human for that i regret nothing.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-20 21:57:56 — Link

This is probably best in the help forums.

Levelling can be done in several ways

Quests: Under the "Quests" tab- these update daily and give a bit of XP out.

Battles: You can battle other players in the "Battles" tab, or battle monsters/guardians on islands (found by exploring).

Training: You can construct a Ridinghall from the blueprints (in craft and construction under the "Manor" tab). Each level of the ridinghall lets you train up to a certain level. This costs silver.

Building: Pets can gain XP by building/constructing

(If I missed anything lemme know!)

Getting to level 50 can be a long process that you can do slowly overtime, or through dedication in battles/explore.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 22:19:56 — Link

sorry for the wrong placing of this topic :/

In the end i'm only human for that i regret nothing.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-21 21:31:01 — Link

My personal way of leveling pets is probably not terribly useful to a newer player.

How I used to do it though, was simply explore as much as possible and the rest of the energy battle. Nowadays I do it a bit differently:

Lower level pets I stick in the riding hall if I have the money (and usually only when I have a Trainer in my Inn, who halves the training fee), pets after lvl 30 go to explore once. If I don't lose any energy on the island, the pet goes to a second island. If I lose more than one fight and I end up with less than 5 energy, I battle the pet to other users' pets. Also if after all this the pet's exp is relatively far up and the training fee is less than 1000s, I train the pet. Mind you, I have level 5 Riding Hall, so I can train all the way to 50 if I'm so inclined.

Also, I interchange Druids, Trainers and Geneticists at my Inn, so I can capture better pets, research genes I want to know and train the pets cheaper.

I would be interested in what other players' strategies are? How do you prefer to level your pets and who do you invite to the Inn?

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-21 21:50:37 — Link

I feel like the odd man out because I abhore using the training hall. It's so expensive without that invite. I much prefer using my geneticist or my cockatrice magi invites. Since druid and dryad invites don't do anything as to what species I catch. What's the point of being a cockatrice breeder, popping a druid invite, and having four pumas show up? I've had it happen -.-

But my personal method is pretty explore centric - if only because I breed heavily and I need the vermillion and invites something awful. You don't get squat but exp from battling. I'm cheap, so I don't use energy potions - too rare and far too expensive these days. I'd rather sell them to someone who's in that much more of a hurry than I am. I usually only focus on one pet at a time with the sanctuary.

explore til depleted -> train -> use sanctuary -> explore again -> train

It's slow, but I break even with the silver I gain while exploring to train them with, usually. I just can't do without vermillion.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Daweia
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 05:20:27 — Link

At the moment I pretty much just put all my pets up for autobattle. It's unideal, but I have so little time right now (and so many pets to level) I can't do anything else. As long as your pets have some halfway decent genes, they win often enough to slowly level.

• Thal
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 08:43:18 — Link

I've not been around long, so I'm most definitely not really talented with levelling, and haven't got any to level 50 yet. But I use a variety of methods since my building frames and silver funds are really restricted.

I often mostly only actively work with pets with level 10 or higher, until they reach that I send them to quests if they can qualify them, craft, battle (both auto and manual) and use training when the fee is not too high.

From the level ten up I also explore with them, but since the progress is so slow, and my schedules are crazy because semester is ending at the moment, I do like Daweia and just dump some to autobattle.

Sunless is the path we roam, bitter is the air we breathe
Fell is the icy blast, coming from the hills
Blowing through my ailing heart, wailing in the emptiness inside
- Insomnium

Sales and Studs for breeding : Here
Looking for studs and to buy new boold : Here

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla