Boards < General < General Chat < Curious

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Jaygrey9516
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 13:08:58 — Link

Is it possible for new genes to be introduced to the gene pool?

What I mean by that is this; 

I just noticed that a foal of my unicorn has geneologist - but his mother nor his father carried the gene, dominate or recessive. 

Another example - my inbred foal has thin skin but neither of his parents had the gene as dominate or recessive, neither did their parents. 

So are new genes just added or? 

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 16:08:13 — Link

Someone asked about inbreeding and degen not too long ago. Their question and the dev response can be found in this thread:

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/2548

long story short, degeneration has a chance to change a gene per genecategory (jaw,mind,skin,etc) in an inbred offspring. 10% for degen one, 20% for degen 2, and 30% for degen three.

The genes, provided they fail the roll to remain normal, will always become a negative gene.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla