Boards < Advertising < Wanted Ads < Custom Skin/Art Commission

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-08 02:34:20 — Link

I'm not entirely sure how to go about this, honestly. I've never tried to commission any art and from what I've seen in the art section, most people are hesitant to touch the basic skin for cockatrice. Makes me a very sad panda, really. But regardless, here I am, asking for cockatrice art.

I'm looking for a few pieces, maybe 3-4 custom skins and maybe 2-3 pieces of individual, stand alone art (possibly more in the future). The Stand alone art pieces I'm looking to do include: a sig banner, a standard (flag) and a larger piece that I can use for my profile and/or avatar. The Custom Skins I'm looking to commission will be themed and ideally have close attention to detail.

My preference for both of these categories is that they are polished, with attention to detail. I will be more than happy to provide references and answer any questions interested artists may have.  For instance, for the custom skins, I would preferably like to have new lineart done to not have them look monster-like, but instead take ques from more natural and realistic avenues like protobirds, and reptile/avian patterns. Or using posing to look more natural and vibrant, making them seem more "neutral", like the real animals today?

Specific details, including final price, will be discussed on a case by case basis with any artists who choose to take up my cup. I'm not asking any *one* artist to take on this many pieces at once, and so I offer to pay for them individually. The only thing that I would like to ask upfront is that my custom commissions remain custom, exclusive, and private.

Incidentally, I've also found myself in a mysterious need of rainbow jars *cough* and will be looking for some to purchase. If the artists are willing to sell them along with their commissioned pieces, I'd more than happy to figure this into the final prices.

Thank you for your interest.

EDIT: Adding progress/slots available for potential art commissions!

Custom 1: Breedabie - 1 cockatrice, one amnesia pot
Custom 2: Breedabie - 1 cockatrice, one amnesia pot
Custom 3: OPEN
Custom 4: OPEN
Colored lineart - Golden Standard: OPEN
Colored lineart - Avatar: OPEN
Colored themed standalone: OPEN

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-08 21:00:12 — Link

Hey Zenith.

I might be willing to try my hand at doing some cockatrice skins for you. I would need some picture references for ideas of what you're looking for.

Feel free to check out my dA gallery to see if you're interested: BAMillustration

If you are, shoot me a PM to discuss. :)

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-12 16:50:58 — Link

Still looking for aditional artists for 1-2 custom skins and the 2-3 pieces of standalone art!

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Shaetani
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-17 17:02:06 — Link

If you can find someone to do the lineart changes in a GIMP friendly format I'd be willing to try and color them for you... and if you don't like the work then no worries. ^_^

• Zoetrooper
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 08:39:24 — Link

I also am a big fan of the cockatrices. I'm working on designing my own at the moment but mayhaps you might find my version of a cockatrice a tad unusual.

Looking forward to seeing what you get. ^_^

Trading Thread
Art Trades

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla