Boards < General < Help < Degeneration - Gene Creation Chance

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-05 02:19:59 — Link

So I know each grade of Degen increases bad gene powers by 10.

Has anyone tested the rate of getting bad genes that didn't exist in the parents? Is it a flat number or % chance? Also, are these bad genes are more likely to hit normal vs. special genes?

I just bred a degen puma, and she got two new genes - Silly and Thin bones - and both hit normal genes. Thought I'd learn some facts about degen before I try again :P

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-05 04:33:43 — Link

Of the three accidentally degen pets I've created so far, I've only had one pet change genes on me.

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/43223

If you notice, it hit both her genes in her muscle category, not necessarily in order of GP, either. Weak muscles is actually up from her mother's normal muscles and her dystrophy recessive is up from her father's spitting/normal muscles. From this, I guess this would serve as a way to disrupt genes that require dom-recessive andthat, since she's degen 1, only one category of genes was messed with.

*shrugs* Not really sure on that last guess, but 2/3 of the degen babies I've had haven't had any change in genes or stats, really.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-05 08:10:45 — Link

Thanks, good to know that changing genes isn't 100%. My puma was degen 1 too, but affected two categories - Bones and Sense. Also had two genes changed, but that might just be coincidence.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-05-06 20:43:30 — Link

There's a 10% probability per Degeneration grade of getting negative gene for each gene group.  So for the grade 1 it's 10%, for grade 2 - 20%, for grade 3 - 30%.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-07 02:32:55 — Link

Yay, thanks for specifics Angel. One more question - What's considered a gene group?

Is it Bones/Muscles/Senses/etc: So 10 gene groups per pet. If its this, how does getting two bad genes in one category work? (Like in Zenith's case)
Or do you mean seperate genes: 20 gene groups per pet.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-05-07 03:32:53 — Link

The first variant is right, there are 10 gene groups.

Zenith's Cockatrice got only Dystrophy from degeneration, Weak Muscles is normally inherited from the mother who has Weak Muscles too.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 01:07:17 — Link

Are the genes simply rerolled? or are the guaranteed to be negative?

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 01:08:05 — Link

ah, okay. did realize/remember that the mother had weak muscles.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-05-09 01:25:14 — Link

The new genes are guaranteed to be negative. It's degeneration, not simple mutation, and it can't have positive effects.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla