Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 36 37 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-11 01:08:24 — Link

The purpose of this thread is to clear up all the questions about the custom skin creation and to save your time and efforts before you finish the skin and submit it in case if you're not sure that everything is fine and the skin won't be refused.

Please post your skin and questions here if you want to:
1) Know if your skin be accepted. Feel free to ask if you're unsure about image tech / quality issues, matching the style of the game and species demands, referencing questions etc.
2) Resolve the problem with a skin design which is a tribute to a copyrighted character.

References and art stages may help here if the point is photomanipulation or copyright issues.

Thank you for being a creative part of the Beastlords community :)

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-21 01:59:55 — Link

I have a few questions:

a)Are we allowed to make our very own base?

b)Are we allowed to add edits to the official base? How much?

Just asking, cause I have a lineart in my folder and I'd like to use it if we're allowed to.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-21 02:28:24 — Link

a) Yes, of course!

b) Yes, you can modify official base as much as you want. It's just a base, not a hard rule.

• Mars
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 02:35:57 — Link

I believe I remember reading somewhere that the base did not have a .psd file available? I believe I also read something about a tutorial being made in the future about that? As an estimation, when do you think that would be out? Will there ever be a .psd file available for them [ the bases ], or will there only be the tutorial?

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-21 03:35:58 — Link

I believe I remember reading somewhere that the base did not have a .psd file available? I believe I also read something about a tutorial being made in the future about that? As an estimation, when do you think that would be out? Will there ever be a .psd file available for them [ the bases ], or will there only be the tutorial?

There's no psd, sadly. But there's a white png image that you can use.

I think it would be awesome if someone made a psd out of the pngs though.

And got another question. Would it be possible to make our very own specie by purchasing a very expansive thing ? It would be cool, and it's a suggestion but I'm affraid to post it into the suggestions forum.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-21 04:10:35 — Link

Tutorial will be made after we will deal with the issues and suggestions which we faced right after launch. I think it will in a about a week.

Like Fya already said, there's no PSD.

Regarding new species. The problem with creating your own specie is that a specie isn't a matter appearence only. Each specie has its own genetic traits and battle skills. We have a concept which should resolve this problem though it's a whole new game layer. Probably it will be realized in future but I can't promise that it will be very soon. If the game succeeds, we will have something more interesting than just custom specie skin. The conception of species will develop and you will be able to construct your own species with their own unique genome.

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 04:54:00 — Link

I can attempt to make a psd file out of the PNGs?

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-21 07:23:28 — Link

As in have layers for lineart, shading, highlights and then the user's skin design?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Kiara
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 08:14:48 — Link

I submitted a skin the best I could with PNGs but it would be awesome if a PSD could be created. I'd be a lot more comfortable if I could color the shading because it looks really bad over light colors when using the PNG.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-21 13:14:17 — Link

One more question for Angel! Does the custom base have to fit the site's style? I mean, can we draw some chibi dragons with big eyes and fluff?

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-21 15:10:21 — Link

We can use random colors as well? Now that I figured out how to use the grayscaled images.

OK, never mind, found out my answer.

Edit: finally found a question I couldn't answer by reading stuff, so I see that there are special lines for the babies... are those allowed to be made into skins as well?

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 01:19:00 — Link

Does the site gain rights to an image if we use it as a skin?

If I draw a dragon and upload it as a skin can I still use the base for personal (but not professional or commercial) use?

For example, could I sell adoptable made using my base, (not a modification of one of your pets but original art,) for other site currency on other sites? Nothing that would potentially get this site in trouble with copyrights, like selling the base to another site for official use, just little things.

Also, besides being a cash item, just how accessible is the item that allows pet images to be switched going to be? I'm very interested in this feature and possibly doing some skins but not if it will be too limited.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-22 01:29:46 — Link

@Ankokou, if you made it all by yourself, I think it stays yours. Though Angel may answer differently. But even if we gain rights, we're not going to steal people's skins or anything, so you can sleep tight without thinking about it.

I guess it wouldn't be fine to let you use it on other sites unless you state it's for a beast keeper use.

Although you might want Angel's thoughts about it to be sure.

The item is quite easily accessible (make one of your friend to join BK, and you already have enough money to buy it)

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• Blackstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 01:41:42 — Link

so I see that there are special lines for the babies... are those allowed to be made into skins as well?

• Lumiesque
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-22 02:21:39 — Link

Would we be allowed to post our skins on devinantart as long as we credit Angel and link back here?

« Prev | 1 2 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla