Boards < Community < Contests and Giveaways < Winning Name Decided!

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 05:54:02 — Link

So, I just bred this girl here:

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/51147

And I'm SUPER psyched about her, and can't wait to start training her!

But there's just one problem... I can't think of a good name for her! And keeping her as "Nameless" would be a bit lame, don't you agree?

So I'd like you all to offer name suggestions for me, and the one that I end up using will win an Energy Drink! I may or may not give out consolation prizes to those who come up with other good names, otherwise show effort, or just participate.

No limit to names per person, though try not to repeat yourself or others. I tend to like mythological names, pop culture references, words from other languages or obscure English words... a lot of things, really. All I really DON'T like would be improper capitalization/spelling and use of numbers/special characters. (Accent marks are cool though.) Making it meaningful would be nice, and if it does have a meaning, feel free to note that in your post, as it might make me like the name more. x3

#33507 on Aywas

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 07:11:47 — Link

So she's a cremello filly with quickmind and fragrance...I can probably think of a few names.

To me, horses can be elegant creatures - they way they can be trained to poise themselves and prance, for lack of a better word, is really rather spectacular to watch coming from an animal as large as a horse.

This name might be a bit typical, but perhaps a name like Lady? The term and idea of a lady - to be a lady - is something that I feel is rather lost in today's modern world and archaic by most standards. I can't help but think of the victorian standards of etiquette and grooming - it was a very different culture back then. But to me the name Lady implies a person of cultured grace and beauty, something I feel might be echoed in a sharpminded, beautiful individual whose very fragrance can also be attributed to the exotic scents and perfumes ladies of the time used to adorn themselves with.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• lhluvsAthena
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 01:16:47 — Link

Well, she'll either end up as  or .If she ends up as a Cremello, I think she should be named Venus, after the Roman goddess of beauty. If she is a Chestnut, I feel she should be named Draíochta, which means magic.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 06:33:38 — Link

Ohh, Venus! That's a good name. Venus, incidentally, is not only known as Aphrodite, but also the sumerian deities Inanna and Ishtar as well. Inanna and Ishtar both were goddesses of love, fertility and warfare, which could be fitting for a pet battling site about...well, breeding and battling. >.>

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• thestillpoint
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 23:01:12 — Link

I personally like the name Cygnus, after the swan constellation. I also like the name Gossamer, I think it's evocative of something very fine, flowy, and silken. 

• RowanWood
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 23:10:23 — Link

Rowan? Pretty boring, I know. Just thought I would contribute. :P

• clockworkMoose
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 17:06:37 — Link

Artemis. Greek goddess of the hunt, children, and pretty much benevolent.

• lhluvsAthena
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 20:47:53 — Link

If you like other Greek names, Hestia, Athena, Hera, or Demeter. All are among the most well-known Greek goddesses. The mythical Greek muses are Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-15 19:32:56 — Link

how about Ambrosia?

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-16 06:53:25 — Link

I've decided to go with IhluvsAthena's suggestion of Calliope, but I'm going to send a few things Zenith's way as well, as I quite liked some of her suggestions. Thanks for participating! <3

#33507 on Aywas

• clockworkMoose
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-27 17:49:08 — Link

The homestuck in me approves this name choice, the mythology nerd in me does to, and frowns at the homestuck.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla