Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Personal pet search

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 09:18:19 — Link

So I was just thinking, the pet search feature is really nice and it works great -- but I think there should be a way for a user to search through just thier own pets. This would really help me out since I have a lot of nameless pets that look identical but have very different genes... so I name the ones I can, but I simply can't come up with names for all of them. Add in the factor that naming them lowers their sale value -- so I try not to name pets I don't intend to keep long-term.

So, anyways yeah. That's it, I want to be able to do gene/breed/gender searched through my own pets.

I thought of a way that this could be accomplished VERY easily by integrating it into the current search. Simply allow us to input a name in an "owner" field. So this way you could even search through specific other people's pets as well. In the case where yoy want to search through your own pets, simply type in your username in the owner field, and search as usual.

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 16:21:31 — Link

Much needed.

Support.

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 18:34:22 — Link

Support. Although searching through pets is a premium feature. So this wouldn't benefit basics :P Just pointing that out.

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 21:58:35 — Link

Yes please.

As of now, searching through your own females for ones with specific genes is a pain. At least you can get around it for the males by going through the breeding search, but it'd be nice not to have such a roundabout way of searching for genes in a giant pool of pets. 

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• Kalid
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 02:01:51 — Link

One of the ways to do this, I think would be to add an 'owned by user number: ****' option to the current search function.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 06:58:37 — Link

Support. I've resorted to keeping a spreadsheet with pet ID numbers on them just to keep track of mine....and I don't even have nearly as many pets as some people do on this site. It's ludicrous.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 04:55:58 — Link

Support

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 05:08:18 — Link

Support.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 15:07:48 — Link

I'm a little bit surprised from the lack of an official word on this idea. It seems like it'd be easy enough to code since it'd really just be ONE more parameter in a search that can already hold 10+ parameters. Adding 1 more isn't going to take the query take any longer with the server but it'd make breeding and maintaining lines so much easier.

On top of this suggestion there was actually another search feature idea that I thought would be VERY useful but it would be a bit more advanced and maybe harder to code -- but could probably be a "premium" feature. The feature would be, a search parameter for "not related to". Of course you could also add the gene modifiers to search for potential mates for certain genes. So it'd basically be like an ADVANCE breed search option that just filtered out mates that would result in inbreeding. This feature, would of course, most likely be most beneficial as a checkbox tacked on to the breed search option already available. Although I'm not really sure how important this option would be since the devs already said that the inbreeding warning option would likely be a premium feature in the future. But having this would mean you wouldn't need a warning, you could just filter out bad matches in your search.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-12 19:53:04 — Link

*adds support* 

i've often felt it would be useful to search through my own pets

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla