Boards < General < Pet Showcase < Would you keep this guy? [Breeding Advice]

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 21:47:59 — Link

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/27317

This poor guy here. I'm torn if I should keep him and attempt to breed with him or not.

His teeth are absolutely terrible, and because they're doubled up I don't know how I'm going to breed out of them without having to wait two generations. His hearing I can deal with, at least that has a normal recessive. Agile paws is great, even if the recessive is a bit of a doozy. Light bones is actually something I'm trying to breed for in favor of agility and dodge chance with a counterstrike build in mind. Steel muscle recessive is great, and faint-hearted isn't much of a deal with a recessive like regeneration to hope for. The fact that he carries black and his double dilute genes make him desirable to me, along with the few nice recessives he has. But his teeth! Argh.

If it were you, would you keep this guy?

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 21:52:45 — Link

For me, that's too much red, I wouldn't have even have researched the genes.......he'd of ended up in the pound as soon as i'd seen him after he finished taming

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 22:26:52 — Link

Yeah, I don't shy away from pets with red stats as much because, depending on the negative modifier, it can be an identifier that the pet is carrying a desirable recessive. The way his stats were being revealed to me as I researched him made me interested enough to continure to research him. I certainly wasn't expecting a double blunt teeth.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• perfy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 22:41:48 — Link

Honestly, no, he's got almost nothing going for him that wouldn't be better served by a different pet.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 02:08:51 — Link

Having just gone over some of the genes, I'd say he isn't really worth it. The Blunt Teeth should be easy to breed into recessive, but a couple of those genes are stronger than the normal version, making it extremely difficult to push out of the bloodlines.

I'd say Pound him, or stick him in the Reserve if you have one.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Eleya
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 15:30:58 — Link

I guess I would keep him... even if he is that bad... I couldnt Pound him or put him in the Reserve... Im just that type of girl, who thinks, "poor creature, I cant abandon you... even if you are just a bunch of pixels..."

You can put him to the newbie giveaway. Im sure, there are some newbies out there, who would love to get this colouring ;)

• Echo-
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-10 16:52:43 — Link

I wouldn't breed him, so much red. But I might put him in the arena, his battle stats aren't bad.

(I won't blame you if you don't take my advice. After all, I am a newbie. But I caught on fast.)

s h o o k e t h

• Zestful0
  • User

Posted at 2017-12-03 12:55:25 — Link

I wouldn't keep him, his genetics, lets say, are not the best.

• snowemalea
  • User

Posted at 2017-12-07 23:36:54 — Link

It sounds like you like most of everything about this little guy. You should flip a coin. If you dont like the answer it gives you, then choose the other one, even if you want to hesitate. Whats the loss for having an extra pet? You could also get some nice little beasts. Experiment.

Snowemalea

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla